Cornwall Football Forum

Sticker Reserves docked points?

The suspension list goes up everyweek by conrwall fa. School boy error if they havnt checked the suspension list!! I expect the league will look in to it not really sure!! Be intresting to see that would be 3 points dropped when it seemed like a comfortable win. 

50 minutes ago, copey said:

The suspension list goes up everyweek by conrwall fa. School boy error if they havnt checked the suspension list!! I expect the league will look in to it not really sure!! Be intresting to see that would be 3 points dropped when it seemed like a comfortable win. 

There has also been a few emails to referees asking for reports to be in on time, so it may not have been on the list. But it it’s in the rules that clubs should clarify with county and still stop a player from playing if a suspension should occur.

Copey stop stirring,you need to look over your shoulder for your contenders not up.Also on behalf of st Stephen 2nds would like 2 thank dobwalls for not coming back for a drink or the pasties & chips # t###s,this happens way 2 often as torpoint only managed 4 2 come back after beating our 1sts ,poor show these days ?

Everyone in this league is contenders noones to be ritten off everyone can take points off of anyone! Aint stirring just askin the question i didnt no anyone was suspended untill i read it then asked!! St dennis r in the driving seat! P.s we always go bak for food an drink pritty much y half our team play ? ??

27 minutes ago, cornishlegend said:

Surely if he was ment to be suspended and played he would still be on the suspension on the fa page? There no players on there for sticker.

Still showing :

Harvey Hann                      Sticker Reserves                            11/11/2017        1                      18/11/2017

10 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Although I’m told somehow Harvey Hann was not on the suspension list on Saturday 11th, it appeared on the Monday with that date!

That is correct Dave! He was not on the updated list on Friday 10th! He was only put on the updated list on Friday 17th.!!

8 hours ago, bighairydave said:

The question is though, when did he receive the card which resulted in a ban? Was it on the 4th or 11th?

does the date off being given the card matter? because i have seen players given cards then they never come through were the ref has not put them through .Dare i say it but this looks like a communication error between Ref/FA/STICKER no prizes who will suffer cant understand why clubs struggle for volunteers

9 hours ago, oliveoil said:

does the date off being given the card matter? because i have seen players given cards then they never come through were the ref has not put them through .Dare i say it but this looks like a communication error between Ref/FA/STICKER no prizes who will suffer cant understand why clubs struggle for volunteers

In the County rules yes. It is upto the clubs to clarify with county if they haven't received paperwork and suspend. If a referee decides not to send the misconduct in they will then be charged with misconduct too.

3 hours ago, Jimmer06 said:

Yeah at least a reason would be useful for other teams to know. When we all know what happened, we can all abide by the same rules

Have you guys gone to the league querying it and asking for clarification. If you haven’t, probably a better idea that you do rather than posting on here. The League are not going to answer it on here!

Just to add a little clarity. The incident basically revolves around an FA suspension therefore it is the Cornwall FA that has to attend to it in the first place. I'm sure the CFA has a procedure for dealing with this that has to be adhered to, and this could take some time.

IF Cornwall FA eventually rule that a suspended player has played in the match then the Duchy League Management Committee will need to deal with it. There is also a procedure for this which could take some time as well.

A lot of people are understandably interested in the outcome of this and when it is officially done and dusted i'm sure we will all know about it.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more clarity - I understand that Cornwall FA has  now finished its review of this and ruled that 'technically' Sticker FC did use a player whilst under suspension but felt that no further sanction (from the CFA) was necessary/appropriate .

Clearly this does mean that an ineligible player took part in the game and so the Duchy League's Management Committee will indeed have to consider this at its next meeting - a date for which has not been set as far as I know.

3 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

A bit more clarity - I understand that Cornwall FA has  now finished its review of this and ruled that 'technically' Sticker FC did use a player whilst under suspension but felt that no further sanction (from the CFA) was necessary/appropriate .

Clearly this does mean that an ineligible player took part in the game and so the Duchy League's Management Committee will indeed have to consider this at its next meeting - a date for which has not been set as far as I know.

Hopefully the league will see sense and enforce the rules rather than be as lenient as the CCFA! 

Maybe, just maybe the CCFA are aware of circumstances that the general public are not privy to as yet, and unless someone that has posted on this thread is interested enough to ASK THEM the reason they arrived at their decision, they may never know why.
Daves post on December 3rd has obviously been ignored.
Most comments on this subject have been based on supposition, hearsay, and very little fact.
The player alledged to be suspended when he played, did not appear on the CCFA suspension list until some days after he had played, that appears to be the only acknowledged and widely accepted fact.
Unfortunately some will not let facts get in the way of a good old whinge.

All suspensions now automatically start 7 days after the offence which caused the card and it's up to each Club to monitor when a player receives a 5th (& 10th,15th etc) yellow card or a single red card. It doesn't matter if no paperwork has been received or if it doesn't appear on the CCFA suspensions list; the player is still suspended and all clubs were informed of this prior to the season starting. I can understand things getting confusing for clubs at times - particularly if they transfer in a player who had already received cautions for his previous club.

6 hours ago, StarMan42 said:

Interesting to see the Cornwall FA being so lenient with a club like Sticker! Makes you wonder if they would act the same towards a smaller club like my hollywell and Cubert..

they are the FA I suppose.

It’s just a massive shame, opens the door to other teams trying to ‘pull a fast one’

playing the “we didn’t know” card. 

I bet Tregrehan Mills wouldn’t get the same leniency, that’s my main concern. And this could potentially effect who moves on into East Cornwall Div 1 I guess?

Gee I hope they see sense. 

Regards,

Hazza G

As stated it appears that FACTS of what happened are only known to those involved and the CCFA, and are, we must suppose, based on what the CCFA are satisfied happened.
How can anybody argue that a wrong decision has been made, if they are not aware of the circumstances that led to the CCFA making the decision they apparently have ?
Dave Deacon post December 3rd is good advice, anyone tried taking it.

9 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

Hopefully the Duchy League Management will consider why the Cornwall FA reached it's decision when  the committee meet!

12 hours ago, razor61 said:

Hopefully the Duchy League Management will consider why the Cornwall FA reached it's decision when  the committee meet!

At least, as with the CCFA, they will be able to make an informed decision, and not have to guess what has happened

On 18/12/2017 at 11:40, StarMan42 said:

Interesting to see the Cornwall FA being so lenient with a club like Sticker! Makes you wonder if they would act the same towards a smaller club like my hollywell and Cubert..

they are the FA I suppose.

Holywell & Cubert combined population ( Cubert 1327 - Holywell 5974 ) total is 7,301.  Sticker population is 1150.
If Sticker is a bigger club , it certainly isn't down to population.
What gives them a high standing in the football system in Cornwall, is the effort the backroom boys put in to their club, which in turn attracts players.
What has been achieved by that club over the years, didn't come from whinging about what other clubs do, but from getting their heads down and putting in the effort for the benefit of all, including visiting players and their officials.
When we visit Burngullow Park, we find Stickers ethos is one to be proud of, others would do well to follow.

22 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

We Two, i feel you should change your name to StickerBoy2017, I hope your club manage to get away with this breach of the rules, of which they always seem too!

Sorry that my opinion doesn't concur with yours, all that was said in my comment was fact, unlike the supposition you offer  as fact.   
Rather surprising that you wish a club that you are convinced have broken the rules, get away with it ??? does that mean you support them and will be changing your  name as advised.
On a serious note, if as you have stated Sticker always get away with a breach of the rules, I for one may change my opinion of them if you can state which rules have been broken that they have not been punished for.
We await your reply with interest, but will not be holding our breath.

50 minutes ago, Harry Gords said:

Real shame you cant be a grown up about this We Two.

Perhaps then you can give a grown up answer to what they have got away with, nothing infantile about that query  is there ?
 As you have posted your approval  of StarMan42, any grown up comment on his earlier postings?

This is getting boring now,Sticker played Harvey Hann v Biscovey the week after he had picked up his 5th yellow which means you miss the next game but as Harveys name was not on the ccfa suspension list they still played him.Pretty sure the rules state its up to the club to keep track of these things hence i would imagine the duchy will take the 3 pts & 7 goals away from sticker & impose a small fine .