Cornwall Football Forum

St Blazey v Liskeard TONIGHT

I think Liskeard will feel hard done by but Blazey did create some decent chances. The goal that separated the teams was an absolute wondergoal from about 30 yards, unstoppable. The referee issued several cards for foul and abusive language and the poor linesman had to endure a hysterical outburst from a Liskeard fan after the game which was rather unpleasant but other than those incidents it was a good, competitive game of football.

20 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Pitch is looking really good again, well done to the Paul’s and their little band of helpers. I might wander down for this one if I can find my winter coat and gloves. Can always buy a scarf when I get there! Best of luck Blazey, I suspect you’ll need it against McQ’s boys.

MQ hasn’t been manager at Liskeard for a couple years now ?

10 hours ago, SteveM said:

I think Liskeard will feel hard done by but Blazey did create some decent chances. The goal that separated the teams was an absolute wondergoal from about 30 yards, unstoppable. The referee issued several cards for foul and abusive language and the poor linesman had to endure a hysterical outburst from a Liskeard fan after the game which was rather unpleasant but other than those incidents it was a good, competitive game of football.

Must have been for Dissent not Foul and Abusing language as that is a sending off offence.

CAUTIONABLE OFFENCES

A player is cautioned if guilty of:

• delaying the restart of play
  • dissent by word or action
  • entering, re-entering or deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee’s permission
  • failing to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
  • persistent offences (no specific number or pattern of offences constitutes “persistent”)
  • unsporting behaviour

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • serious foul play
  • spitting at an opponent or any other person
  • violent conduct
  • using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • receiving a second caution in the same match

Still a little unsure as to how this game only had one goal in it!

Both sides broke very quickly but somehow always managed to get a lot of players back in between any shot and the goal.

Hence one of the only efforts from distance that there was went flying into the Liskeard net, over the stranded surprised Blues keeper! A 30 yarder from St Blazey’s player/manager Stuart Morgan that was worthy of winning any match.

3 hours ago, Laws of the Game said:

Must have been for Dissent not Foul and Abusing language as that is a sending off offence.

I believe that there was a sending off Mr. Laws, although I’m not certain if it was for foul and abusive language. Please do check these things before you pronounce your judgement!

3 hours ago, rob brown said:

MQ hasn’t been manager at Liskeard for a couple years now ?

Thank you for the info rob, I don’t get up that way much nowadays. Shame, I always had a lot of time for him both as a manager and as a gentleman.

51 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I believe that there was a sending off Mr. Laws, although I’m not certain if it was for foul and abusive language. Please do check these things before you pronounce your judgement!

Thank you for the info rob, I don’t get up that way much nowadays. Shame, I always had a lot of time for him both as a manager and as a gentleman.

No sending offs on any of the reports I read Mr Elder. Only Blazey down to ten due to an injury. Maybe it’s you who should do your research?

No sending off, Ollie Deadman came off with a hamstring injury and we didn't have a third sub.

Thanks for the clarification regarding dissent and foul and abusive language. As you say it must have been dissent. Saying that, I brought my six year old daughter with me last night so any swearing is foul and abusive in front of her.

5 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

No problem. He took a bit of a step back and was involved with the thirds. Think he might still be a bit but not as much as he once was. 

7 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Hi Bruegel, thank you for the kind words.  I still think of them as "MQ`s boys" even though they are being looked after by Woodsy and Hodgey now.   They battled through relegation with me, took a few beatings and are still together now and around the top of the table so I am pleased to be have been a part of it!

Try and make the time to see them play, they are a great, hard working bunch of boys and I would love to see them succeed.

MQx

Watched this game, bitterly cold, pitch looking great, like the good old days when Sir Trevor Mewton was at the helm ( quality on the pitch not quite up to Trevor's standards! ) but was a good game of football. Liskeard very wasteful of some great chances, & the game won by a wonder strike from St.Blazey. Entertaining game. League very open, Elburton starting to creep in to the picture now ( I predicted Liskeard/Elburton) at start of the season. Blazey will upset a few sides as well, & Ludgvan still flying also going very well. Then you have your Wadebridges, Porthlevens ( who let a 3-0 lead go yesterday in half hour it said in the paper) who will also take points off teams but concede to many goals & lack that bit of strength to push the top sides. Shapes well for a good season though, & well done St.Blazey.

Starting to take shape a bit now. I think another 12 months and the ground should be looking even better. 

On the pitch things are getting better as well. I think it could be very tight come the end of the season. My tips were Liskeard and Elburton and Wadebridge to improve. Theyve dropped off a bit but Elburton wont be far off. Port dropping 2 points when 3 up at Plymstock. We go there on Saturday.