Madron  P-P Perranwell Reserves
Mousehole 3rds 8-2 Hayle 3rds
Praze-an-Beeble 2-1 Lizard Argyle Reserves
Probus Reserves P-P Wendron United 4ths
Stithians Reserves 1-1 Constantine Reserves

PERCY STEPHENS CUP
Hayle Reserves 0-3 Mousehole Reserves

8 minutes ago, #sausagefingers said:

When you are due to play troon next month. We will happily reverse fixture if you're grass ain't cut find a ref pay the ref anything to avoid a evening fixture down madron........

We promise we'll try to have the grass cut sausagefingers and if no refs appointed i'm sure as adults, we can agree to someone officiating to get the game played. 

We're not that difficult to deal with down Madron, honest :yahoo:

Division 3

Frogpool Reserves 3-2 St Ives Mariners

We started well but St Ives soon settled into the game and started to dominate quickly. A couple of mistakes allowed St Ives to go one up, and they easily could have had a couple more if it wasn’t for some fine goal keeping from Alex Prynn and some poor finishing. Their striker ran through and I think took a deflection before bouncing over the unfortunate Frogpool goalkeeper.

The second goal came down the right hand side for St Ives, a cross found the striker who had too much space, and finished well.

We were really poor in the first half, but the hard working Sam Macwilliam won the ball and it fell to Jack Froud to slot into an empty net.

A couple of penalty shouts, last ditch tackles and offside calls were claimed for - but it about balanced itself out probably.

We were riled up for the second half and St Ives will feel they should’ve killed it in the first.

Determination from Harry Payne and Sam Macwilliam allowed Froud to score twice in very quick succession, some how, putting us 3-2 up.

We then could’ve scored a forth and saw the game out well.

Lucky to get three points, but we will definitely take it. It’s important we keep winning even if we aren’t playing so well.

Man of the match: Sam Macwilliam who was tireless and energetic throughout - shout outs also to Froudy for getting a hatty and Alex Prynn for some fine goalkeeping.

frogpool 3 mariners 2.some times the better team loses but yet again we find a way to come away empty handed,like tempo said alot of missed chances and good goalkeeping and 5 min mad spell saw us some how lose the game.weve got to put teams away!! top side but we are our worse enemies.fair play to frogpool took there chances you always need that bit of luck.thanks for food at the pub.im off to find a tree and a rope!!!!!!

Div. 3:

Newlyn Non Athletico Res. (1) 1 -v- 7 (3) West Cornwall Res.

Nice day for it, weather was reasonable, and the pitch resembled a bowling green, that had been home to a heard of cows for a week. A feast of football it was not. Especially first half, where a number of handbags appeared throughout, and the ref did a good job of keeping on top of it all. First goal was unfortunate for the home keeper, after saving a good angled shot, the ball went straight upwards above his head, and although full marks for the 360 degree swivel he did wondering where it had disappeared to, the WCR forward took full advantage and ran in to whip the ball home. There was then a quick break from the halfway line, and a very good confident finish to make it 2, and a third followed after good work again, with WCR being a yard quicker to the loose ball, rounding the keeper for a nice finish. NNAR got one back with an OG, and did create one or two half chances. But the WCR defence looked very solid.

Second half was more about the football, with all handbags being left in the changing rooms. The visiting team looked very dangerous on the attack, and gradually pulled away with 4 more goals.

Newlyn battled well, and will feel a little hard done by on the final score line, but there was no doubt about the winners, a well deserved result for West Cornwall.

Excellently refereed by a late volunteer. Cheers for that.

Carharrack Reserves 1-11 St Just Seconds (HT 0-4)

Good performance again, could've scored more if we were more clinical. Hat tricks from Gareth May and Tony Angwin up front, 4 from young Josh Attwood on the wing and 1 from the lesser spotted Joe McMullen.

Carharrack a good bunch of lads as always ??

Div 3 

New InnTitans 3-4 Rosudgeon Reserves

Close game throughout, two very well matched teams. 

We edged the battle, let our boots do the talking, and scored 4 goal of the month contenders. 

Crucially, our young keeper saved a 92nd minute penalty. 

Cracking display by Rosudgeon. 

Thanks to New Inn for the grub. 

Div 1

Mawnan 6 Lanner 0 

Same as last week really started quite slow and went into half time 1-0 up. But second half upped are performance and got the goals we deserved and played some really good football at times. All the best to Lanner for the rest of the season ? apart from the reverse fixture ☺ 

Mawnan goal scorers 

Liam Dent x2

Connor hedges x1

Ross Symonds x1

Glenn Jeffers x1

Ben Wyatt x1 (think it's bens first goal since 1999 ? ? ) 

Praze Res 2 Lizard Res 1

As ever a closely fought game between us and 0-0 at half time. Hard battle on that soft Nancegollan pitch despite being dry for several days prior and Praze took the lead with a well finished goal 15 mins into the 2nd half. We equalised with a lovely passing move that gave Shamus a goal on his last game for Lizard before his travels. I thought we could possibly go on and get more but as we pushed Praze broke through and scored what proved to be the winner. Lots of chances for both teams in a physical but fair game. Always grateful to have a ref but it's a good job this was a well natured game as I think he would struggle to control anything else. Thanks to the Praze boys, excellent atmosphere and grub in the pub, look forward to welcoming you to our place.

4 hours ago, Leehh said:

Stupid in my opionion

Welcome to your opinion or onions. The fourths have had several fixtures this season in which refs have not been available and they’ve used ones supplied by ourselves and other sides. 

Like I said to Graham, the fourths were very thankful for the offer of the first team manager officiating it, but would rather make the trip to Probus with an official referee.

Not a reflection on Probus, or on our fourth team, and as I previously mentioned - and spoke to Graham about - they were very thankful for the offer at late notice but they are entitled to turn it down. 

45 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Welcome to your opinion or onions. The fourths have had several fixtures this season in which refs have not been available and they’ve used ones supplied by ourselves and other sides. 

Like I said to Graham, the fourths were very thankful for the offer of the first team manager officiating it, but would rather make the trip to Probus with an official referee.

Not a reflection on Probus, or on our fourth team, and as I previously mentioned - and spoke to Graham about - they were very thankful for the offer at late notice but they are entitled to turn it down. 

You just contradicted yourself. We have sorted out and played with no official ref many times. But we aren't willing to do it wgen playing probus.

Your part of the problem with grassroots football and a joke in my opinion. This is why the league is dying. Shortage of refs and rarther than play a game where someone was happy to ref you said no.

It's just childish. Cornwall fa should state a rule as where a ref is offered you can't turn it down.

3 minutes ago, Leehh said:

It's just childish. Cornwall fa should state a rule as where a ref is offered you can't turn it down.

Yeh, that sounds like the solution, forcing untrained referees on teams. Surely a better solution is training more referees like the upcoming courses that are being put on, and getting people involved. That way if an official referee isn't offered by the FA, then a trained official can help their own clubs out. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that, especially in the lower divisions which are affected more.

1 hour ago, Leehh said:

You just contradicted yourself. We have sorted out and played with no official ref many times. But we aren't willing to do it wgen playing probus.

Your part of the problem with grassroots football and a joke in my opinion. This is why the league is dying. Shortage of refs and rarther than play a game where someone was happy to ref you said no.

Firstly, how is that a contradiction? We have played in fixtures with no appointed referee previously, and upmost respect to Probus for offering to do it - not every club would be able to. However, the decision was made not to play, which every club is entitled to do - the fourth team aren’t the first ones to refuse and they won’t be the last.  

As we are part of the problem, shall we go and cancel the referring course which is being held at the club? Are you attending, if not, then are you part of the problem? We have players within the club that are trained referees that often give up their weeks of playing football to officiate on Saturdays, Sunday Leagues and youth matches. So I really do not think that we ‘are part of the problem and a joke.’  But if your eyes say so then you’re entitled to your opinion. Are we part of the problem with grassroots football? Week on week giving football to 4 Men’s sides of various levels, providing a Sunday League team, a Vets team and a whole host of youth football? Lots of players within the locality would have played for Wendron at some point - whether youth or men’s. So rather than being the problem with grassroots football, I would consider us being quite a big advocate and promoter of it...in my eyes.

I don’t think the idea would catch on, forcing a team to play with an untrained, and possibly not neutral, ref could open a huge can of worms - even if the ‘referee’ has the best of games. 

Agreed that there is something to be done and it’s great that the FA are putting on more courses at various venues. I don’t know what puts people off, the cost? The fact they don’t think they’ll enjoy it? The fact that they know what people are like as players? 

Think u will find im more qualified than you will ever be and associated too but nice try.

You are a joke end of

And pretty sure most ppl wont cheat and if u fail to win the game because of a un qualfied ref that is ur fault for giving him the chance too.

Joke end off. Clearly have a problem with probus

2 hours ago, Leehh said:

Think u will find im more qualified than you will ever be and associated too but nice try.

You are a joke end of

And pretty sure most ppl wont cheat and if u fail to win the game because of a un qualfied ref that is ur fault for giving him the chance too.

Joke end off. Clearly have a problem with probus

Congratulations on being qualified and your fellow contribution to grassroots. I fail to see why this is a joke though? 

I don’t understand the third paragraph fully? And I absolutely whole heartedly agree that most people won’t cheat. If you fail to win a game then that is more than likely your own fault - regardless of whether or not the ref is qualified or not. But, it would open a whole can of worms if any wrong doing in any capacity took place. I’m sure it is, but is it legally covered to have an unofficial referee? 

Mate, absolutely no problem with Probus at all. My knowledge of the club is extremely limited. Only dealing with Graham in the week, I found him to be very helpful and efficient. I thanked him and their first team manager for their efforts in getting the game on. Great to see a first team manager willing to help out - it says a lot about the club. The only other thing I know is that Sean Johnston currently plays there (product of Wendron). 

Erby, agree completely. I think it would strengthen people’s knowlege on the laws of the game and open the eyes of many players as to what it is like to experience life as an official. The problem would lie with players who would be willing enough to give up their playing Saturdays to officiate instead.