Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Saturday November 18th 2017

1 minute ago, leedsunited said:

That's called being 'streetwise' appealing for everything & decisions, surprised Alan's team are not clued up on that, usually find the Devon sides are streetwise, but credit to you SCFC if you can pinch a point or two over a season for just appealing for a decision then credit to you, players have to be switched on, if not as you have stated in your match report, you suffer hard consequences. Not heard that Alan has gone SCFC maybe illness or work kept him away, or your eyes not up to scratch!!?

I've never known a ref to stop his watch for a throw in, must've saved 3 seconds at a time... surprised the game finished before it was dark! Hahaha Leeds, you do keep me amused on here, Alan definitely wasnt there, we would've heard him right?

Ihave to agree with you Herbie Glynn Hobbs is a brilliant footballer but to look at him you would think hes more suited to being a rugby player but hes just so good in front of goal Plymouth Argyle ,could do with someone like him the signings Adams has made are crap the scouting system must be shit there i cant understand why nobody has not given Tivertons Levi Landricombe, a chance hes a proven goalscorer and im sure would do a good job fora club like Torquay or even given a chance at Argyle because they certainly need someone they rely on Graham Carey, too much need a good overall there at the moment

48 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I've never known a ref to stop his watch for a throw in, must've saved 3 seconds at a time... surprised the game finished before it was dark! Hahaha Leeds, you do keep me amused on here, Alan definitely wasnt there, we would've heard him right?

Would imagine so .... especially after Stockies equaliser & being 3 nil up, I would say you would of definitely heard him! He was having some driving issues a few months back, maybe a transport issue or vacation?

38 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Would imagine so .... especially after Stockies equaliser & being 3 nil up, I would say you would of definitely heard him! He was having some driving issues a few months back, maybe a transport issue or vacation?

Probably something like that!

not heard much from you regarding Bodmin's demolition of Stoke Gabriel.... back to their best? Managerial Tactics spot on? or a very poor Stoke Gabriel side?

6 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Probably something like that!

not heard much from you regarding Bodmin's demolition of Stoke Gabriel.... back to their best? Managerial Tactics spot on? or a very poor Stoke Gabriel side?

Just one of those days where everything clicked for Bodmin, it was over as a contest from 3-0, which surprised me as Stoke Gabriel always been a good battling side, tougher games ahead for Bodmin coming up, long way to go.

5 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Just one of those days where everything clicked for Bodmin, it was over as a contest from 3-0, which surprised me as Stoke Gabriel always been a good battling side, tougher games ahead for Bodmin coming up, long way to go.

In all honesty, i expected a 3-1 sort of game in favour of Bodmin, mainly due to the fact Stoke Gabriel like you say have always been a battling side, and are never normally easy to beat. .

Following last weeks game, im not so sure the league is Parkway's already as most people believe

4 hours ago, El Nino said:

Was at Sticker....what a credit to the league that club and its people are - although they clearly never expected a coach full of Parkway fans and had to quickly go out and buy a whole lot of pasties!! But that aside all those connected to the club left visitors very impressed - I hope they have a successful rest of the season. 

Why thank you kind sir! What a nice thing to say about us all at Sticker! We do try and make the match day experience a pleasure and just wish we had a team like Parkway! Great footballing team which all teams should strive to be like! That said we all knew it was going to be a big learning curve!

Saturday 18th November 2017

SALTASH United v Camelford(away)SWPL(Premier Division)

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Lewis Edwards,Callum Martindale,Steve Sargison,Sam Leary,Toby Clark,Henry Wilson,Tom King,Sam Hughes,Ryan Richards,Richard Maddison.

Subs used:Dave Trott for Tom King(64 mins),

Dave Barker for Lewis Edwards(72 mins),

Lee Phillips for Sam Hughes (72 mins).

Unused subs:Sam Farrant & Callum O'Brien.

Bookings:Wilson.

Result:Camelford 0 Saltash United 5  

Scorers:Leary(6 mins),Hughes(37 mins),Richards(47 mins),

Martindale(77 mins) & Phillips(88 mins).

Referee:Ben Chance(Bideford).

Attendance:

The Ashes maintained their third place in the league with a 5-0 win at Camelford.All through the 90 minutes the Ashes approach play was very good.

The first half was very even with possession for both sides but the Ashes looked far more dangerous in the last third of the pitch.

It didn't take long for Saltash to take the lead when on 6 minutes a corner on the right fell to Sam Leary at the far post who rifled the ball into the roof of the net.With just 8 minutes to go to half-time the Ashes increased their lead when a Henry Wilson header found Ryan Richards on the left who then played the ball square across the Camelford 6 yard box for Sam Hughes to score.

The second half was only 2 minutes old when Sam Hughes played the ball to Ryan Richards on the edge of the Camelford penalty area whose shot was to powerful for the young home keeper to stop and that made it 3-0.It could have been 4-0 on 62 minutes when a Tom King shot beat everybody but came back off the crossbar.With just under 15 minutes to go it was 4-0 when Callum Martindale scored his first ever goal for the club.With time running out a cross field ball from the right fell to Callum Martindale who played it to Ryan Richards whose shot was well saved by the keeper but he could not hold it and Lee Phillips was on hand to score off the rebound.

A very good solid all round performance by the Ashes.