Cornwall Football Forum

Unlucky Tavvy

5 minutes ago, BAGMAN said:

Interesting that the MoM was Team Solent's GK who wasn't available Saturday (International call up) when the game was called off!! Another advantage of the home tie for them then being in midweek when Tavvy had the massive journey.

In all honesty i did think it was a bit ridiculous having to play the game on a tuesday night especially with the distance being so far. Do whoevers in charge not realise people have work and cant just take the day off at a moments notice? I would feel exactly the same if Solent had to travel to Tavvy so there is no bias here.

Interesting to hear about the GK, i did see he was a Gibraltar U21 player or something like that!

Dont you have to pre arrange between the clubs and F A--  Possible replay and postponement dates or match to finish on the day.

I am sure a Saturday would have been an acceptable option with the distance involved or did Tavistock think a midweek replay at Langsford Park would be to their advantage.

Reading reports Tavistock were very.very unlucky having most of the play,hitting the woodwork on several occasions and some cleared off the line.

Will Tavistock be making an application for Western League membership after this travel and match experience?

Also read that the Gibraltar U21 keeper had the game of his life and kept a clean sheet for the first time for his country earlier--but one Solent wag  did say he doesn't play like that all the time.

15 hours ago, BigG said:

I don't know how many goalies Gibraltar have got but Derek Ibrahim who played in goal for.Dartford against Truro at Treyew Road last Saturday is also a Gib keeper and played in their recent 4 - 0 defeat by Greece.

the keeper against Tavi was Gibraltar U21 so i assume the Dartford keeper is the actual Gibraltar keeper