Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Dave Deacon

Trelawny League - Saturday November 11th 2017

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

Break away league I hear everyone saying where you don't pay to be a member, don't pay to sign on playing and all that money saved we will pay the referees a better fee each game to ensure they see a benefit in staying in the game and not at home........

Wouln't work quite as you may think Bundi.  Two scenarios:

1.  A breakaway league that affiliated to the CCFA would still have to fund affiliation fees, referee appointment costs and the administration overheads.  It simply could not be cost free.  Referee match fees are set by County as I'm sure you know.  No referee that I know is doing it for the money and it's my firm belief that any that are are doing it for the wrong reasons.

2.  A breakaway league that avoided the costs above by not affiliating to the CCFA would not:

  • be able to play on an affiliated clubs ground
  • be appointed official referees.

Two key points which would make it almost impossible to get such a league off the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, B_D said:

Madron v Hayle off - Madron do not have the required footwear to play on the 3G!

 

31 minutes ago, PGP said:

Hayle 3rds v Madron is postponed as players struggled to find suitable 3g footwear in the 2 days notice.

I have no affiliation to either team but I think it is unfair to have a go at Madron for not having the required footwear to play on 3g. 2 days is not satisfactory notice as not everyone plays on 3g in their spare time nor do they wish £20-30 for a decent pair of astro trainers for just one game. In other words Hayle are expecting Madron to collectively pay around £200-£300 for just one game. From what I have read on this site Madron have no reason to be targeted given the efforts they have made to get games on this season even if they are expecting to lose! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dwaynemcavoy said:

 

I have no affiliation to either team but I think it is unfair to have a go at Madron for not having the required footwear to play on 3g. 2 days is not satisfactory notice as not everyone plays on 3g in their spare time nor do they wish £20-30 for a decent pair of astro trainers for just one game. In other words Hayle are expecting Madron to collectively pay around £200-£300 for just one game. From what I have read on this site Madron have no reason to be targeted given the efforts they have made to get games on this season even if they are expecting to lose! 

Not having a go at madron but most players have firm ground (mouldies) for playing in the summer coz the ground is rock hard and these are allowed. I got some new this season for £15. I would doubt the whole squad doesn't have a few pairs between them or have footballing mates that will be wearing studs today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B_D said:

Who's targeting them?

From watching half of the keyboard warriors, not you in general lol, but ending your sentence/statement with a ! seems to imply someone is in the wrong and therefore Madron are in the wrong on this occasion. Apologies if I have misinterpreted 

3 minutes ago, Villatim1981 said:

Not having a go at madron but most players have firm ground (mouldies) for playing in the summer coz the ground is rock hard and these are allowed. I got some new this season for £15. I would doubt the whole squad doesn't have a few pairs between them or have footballing mates that will be wearing studs today

I admit I have two pairs, but not everyone does and to expect them to pay £15 plus there match fee for just one game is ridiculous. #onlymyopinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dwaynemcavoy said:

admit I have two pairs, but not everyone does and to expect them to pay £15 plus there match fee for just one game is ridiculous. #onlymyopinion

Oh yeah. No I don't expect people to have to buy one pair just for a game just thought few more might have some. Been playing for 20 years and always had pair of studs and a pair of mouldies each season (can't play football in them mind haha)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Villatim1981 said:

Oh yeah. No I don't expect people to have to buy one pair just for a game just thought few more might have some. Been playing for 20 years and always had pair of studs and a pair of mouldies each season (can't play football in them mind haha)

Snap lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto, I am one that does have a pair but I don't keep old pairs in the event other people dont. You and I are both old enough to have the funds to do it, what I dont/wouldn't have had is the time in two days to go out and get some as I work when shops are open and I refuse to buy boots online as I personally have to try them on.

If I was a 16/17 year old at college and not working then I doubt I would necessarily have the money to do so either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the flip side I actually support the expansion of 3g pitches for the longer term of grass roots football in order to get the games on through the shittier winter period even if that means losing the fun of walking off the pitch caked in mud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the hard luck stories from Madron !

Clubs were advised at AGM that a new Astro pitch was being installed at Hayle and 2 nd and 3 rd teams would play on it .....after completion in October .

Madron were advised as normal by Hayle secretary more than the required 5 days ....NOT 2 days as claimed ! 

Their club secretary phoned me last night to say game would go ahead and no problems with footwear ....but had a couple of players missing .

Good try lads !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

Gwinear 3- 4 Probus 

All credit to Gwinear who worked their socks off and probably deserved a draw.

We were woeful at best, just thankful we managed to get the 3 points thanks to a last minute winner from Connor Rhodes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Div. 3

Newlyn NA Res (1) 3 -v- 5 (1) St Erme

Decent game played on a lumpy bumpy sticky surface. Evenly matched teams, with the score being finely balanced most of the game. At 3-4 with 10 to go, Newlyn had a golden opportunity to level it with a far post header, agonisingly wide, and St Erme not only held out, but scored again with virtually the last kick of the game. Both teams hit the bar too. Argh, Newlyn could of done with a point or 3 today, and on another day, it may have been. But well done to St Erme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Div 4

Lizard Argyle Reserves 4-1 Penzance Reserves

Penzance much weakened with many out. 11 players including our manager of which only 6 were recognised starters. 3-0 down at half-time, a penalty to each in second half. decent attendance of roughly 35 souls.

Report to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Div 1

Mawnan 12 Newlyn 1

Just nice to be back playing today after one game in 5 weeks. We started of quite slowly (which is to be expected after not much football recently) and went in at HT 3-1 up but in fairness that scoreline flattered us a bit as we didn't play that we'll and the opposition had some chances! But second half I thought we really upped it a gear and played the football we know we can play. Obviously there was more space for our forward players in the second half as Newlyn had to push forward to get the goals they needed to get them bk in the game but I thought we attacked brilliantly and really punished them second half with some great football and finishing! Great bunch of lads tho Newlyn and never gave up and the game was played in good spirits and all the best for the rest of the season 👍 

Mawnan goal scorers 

Liam Dent x3

Keir Dent x2

Connor hedges x2

Brodie Kemp x2

Christian Blundell x1

Dave Thompson x1

Fraser Harris x1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Percy Stephens Cup

Falmouth DC 3-2  Mullion Reserves (aet)

DC were 2-0 up and looking comfortable despite Mullion pressing, but 2 goals in the last 5 minutes took the game to extra time.  DC won it with about 5 to go with a well taken finish.

Many thanks to The Upper Deck. www.upperdeckfalmouth.com   for the post match food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zebedee said:

I love the hard luck stories from Madron !

Clubs were advised at AGM that a new Astro pitch was being installed at Hayle and 2 nd and 3 rd teams would play on it .....after completion in October .

Madron were advised as normal by Hayle secretary more than the required 5 days ....NOT 2 days as claimed ! 

Their club secretary phoned me last night to say game would go ahead and no problems with footwear ....but had a couple of players missing .

Good try lads !

How do you know that Madron were advised about fixture more than the 5 days required? Are you privy to this information, can you confirm this with evidence to prove your statement? The game was discussed in the bar after last weeks game and the Hayle chairman told the Madron chairman that they were hoping the goals would arrive on time but it was possible they wouldn't! Madron were told Wednesday evening that the goals had indeed arrived via the 3rd team manager to one of the Madron players, not directly to the chairman/secretary/manager as you would expect. So in essence, the game was never officially confirmed and could not have been more than the 5 days required!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zebedee said:

I love the hard luck stories from Madron !

Clubs were advised at AGM that a new Astro pitch was being installed at Hayle and 2 nd and 3 rd teams would play on it .....after completion in October .

Madron were advised as normal by Hayle secretary more than the required 5 days ....NOT 2 days as claimed ! 

Their club secretary phoned me last night to say game would go ahead and no problems with footwear ....but had a couple of players missing .

Good try lads !

Madron's Manager and "Secretary" even had a moan the other day when a Referee called a game off because their pitch was not up to standard. Not their fault that it hadn't been cut for weeks.

3 minutes ago, addick1 said:

How do you know that Madron were advised about fixture more than the 5 days required? Are you privy to this information, can you confirm this with evidence to prove your statement? The game was discussed in the bar after last weeks game and the Hayle chairman told the Madron chairman that they were hoping the goals would arrive on time but it was possible they wouldn't! Madron were told Wednesday evening that the goals had indeed arrived via the 3rd team manager to one of the Madron players, not directly to the chairman/secretary/manager as you would expect. So in essence, the game was never officially confirmed and could not have been more than the 5 days required!! 

I think you will find that Zebedee's knowledge of these things far exceeds yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clubman said:

Madron's Manager and "Secretary" even had a moan the other day when a Referee called a game off because their pitch was not up to standard. Not their fault that it hadn't been cut for weeks.

I think you will find that Zebedee's knowledge of these things far exceeds yours.

That's why i asked the question! I'm sure he will have the facts to hand and be able to answer himself! What has the length of grass got to do with a game being played on 3g astro turf? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Just Seconds 2-0 St Buryan Reserves (HT 0-0)

St Buryan dominated the game and if it wasn't for Martin Grenfell in the St Just goal they would've got the win they deserved. St Just goals from Ben Luck and Toby Angwin (again).

Nonetheless here I am on the beer with the Buryan lot, the poor sods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wendron 3rds 3-1 fal town 3rds                 scrappy game but Wendron just edged it. Was a game on whoever scored the most when they had the high speed winds with them and that was Wendron! Well reffed game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Illogan 3 Frogpool 4

Illogan scorers

Jake Merrifield 2

Anton Oliver 1

Game overshadowed by a horrendous injury to a frogpool player in which our player has offered his sincere apologies to the whole of frogpool for 

Keep us informed of how he is guys 

Special mention to the ref who stayed the duration too to help keep an eye out for the ambulance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

Illogan 3 Frogpool 4

Illogan scorers

Jake Merrifield 2

Anton Oliver 1

Game overshadowed by a horrendous injury to a frogpool player in which our player has offered his sincere apologies to the whole of frogpool for 

Keep us informed of how he is guys 

Special mention to the ref who stayed the duration too to help keep an eye out for the ambulance 

In a and e as we speak. Will keep informed on to how he is. Big thanks to Pete Norfolk and the other guy (sorry didn't get name) who stayed with us throughout. Like you said overshadowed a windy battle with lots of goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villatim1981 said:

In a and e as we speak. Will keep informed on to how he is. Big thanks to Pete Norfolk and the other guy (sorry didn't get name) who stayed with us throughout. Like you said overshadowed a windy battle with lots of goals.

No need for the thanks .. just tried to help a guy in trouble .. other guy was Malcolm Nicholls btw and also to Dan Barrett who got straight onto 999 as soon as it happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

No need for the thanks .. just tried to help a guy in trouble .. other guy was Malcolm Nicholls btw and also to Dan Barrett who got straight onto 999 as soon as it happened 

As always Pete, huge credit to yourself and your side. Thank you for all of your help. Top, top bloke. Jack seems to be in good spirits. He got a selfie with the paramedic in the ambulance haha.

Edited by Tempo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×