Exmouth Town   P-P   Launceston 

Falmouth Town   4,   Camelford   1

Ivybridge Town   2,   Cullompton Rangers   0

Saltash United   1,   Tavistock   5

DIVISION ONE EAST

Sidmouth Town   3,   Axminster Town   3

1 hour ago, Mark Jones said:

Falmouth 4 camelford 1 

Saw this one, and a good performance from the penfal lads.

Could have been a hatful for the home team with constant one way traffic in both halves....very impressive football I thought.

Have to say the Camelford forward number 8 was very impressive, best footballer I've seen for quite sometime.

And a mention for the pitch as well, as good tonight as I've ever seen it (!) excellent presentation, but someone tell the groundsman to lift the nets and corner flags before he preps the pitch ....please, then I'll give him 5 stars.

Well done to penfal from me.

Yes the lads really got it together last night playing the slick passing game that has seen us beat bodmin saltash and st austell .after last weeks win by camelford over parkway i was expecting a far harder game .maybe we were that good .standout player for us ollie walker with 2 quality goals .think the no14 for camelford was lucky to stay on the pitch for his 1rst offence a karate kick .not even deemed a yellow by the referee who then tried to redeem himself by booking him 2 mins later for a trip .

1 minute ago, mattelot said:

Yes the lads really got it together last night playing the slick passing game that has seen us beat bodmin saltash and st austell .after last weeks win by camelford over parkway i was expecting a far harder game .maybe we were that good .standout player for us ollie walker with 2 quality goals .think the no14 for camelford was lucky to stay on the pitch for his 1rst offence a karate kick .not even deemed a yellow by the referee who then tried to redeem himself by booking him 2 mins later for a trip .

To be honest with you, when i saw Camelford beat Parkway, I knew they wouldnt be able to churn out the same performance again and so the scoreline was as expected in my opinion.

The only surprise is that 4 goals were scored and the man in form Jordan Annear didnt get any of them!:P

Top result for a top Falmouth side!

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Saw this one, and a good performance from the penfal lads.

Could have been a hatful for the home team with constant one way traffic in both halves....very impressive football I thought.

Have to say the Camelford forward number 8 was very impressive, best footballer I've seen for quite sometime.

And a mention for the pitch as well, as good tonight as I've ever seen it (!) excellent presentation, but someone tell the groundsman to lift the nets and corner flags before he preps the pitch ....please, then I'll give him 5 stars.

Well done to penfal from me.

Falmouth are doing well for a team people put down at the start of the season for recruiting players from Penryn that weren't meant to be good enough for this league. 

Its good to see Falmouth playing well again. Great club always enjoy trips to Falmouth. 

2 hours ago, cornishlegend said:

Falmouth are doing well for a team people put down at the start of the season for recruiting players from Penryn that weren't meant to be good enough for this league. 

Its good to see Falmouth playing well again. Great club always enjoy trips to Falmouth. 

Thanks for your comment cornish legend I'm  sure all involved with the club appreciate it .after years in the doldrums the club is on the up . Also the biggest putter down of the club was once again conspicuous by his absence ..

5 hours ago, mattelot said:

Falmouth were very good last night and Camelford were very poor - however surprised you didn’t mention that the team was also massively different, across the back four and out wide - no excuses Falmouth should have won by more and Camelford seemed very flat. Unusually their tempo and commitment was not there as normal. 

The Camelford substitute no 14 was a bit lucky overall - however the karate kick as you refer to it, was no such thing - he went in high but pulled out and made no contact with his boot - I was in line and saw it - despite screaming from the Falmouth bench that it was a ‘leg breaker’ - ask the player - it was hip to hip. The Ref who was also close saw it as I did as well.  He then did make a few tackles that could have resulted in more than one yellow though.

I thought Falmouth looked well drilled and with Rob / Jordan / Harry and Ollie as a front attacking four, Falmouth looked very sharp and formidable.

As aside, for such a good footballing team, Westy needs to monitor what his assistant is shouting about from the touch line - don’t end up like some teams in the Prem who are disliked because of their ‘touchline support’.

Think Falmouth will do really well and congratulations - hopefully Camelford will get their mojo back for Saturday. 

Bodmin 2-1 Newquay

Least said about this game the better. Bodmin's third consecutive terrible performance in succession, & last night if I am quite honest maybe the worst display I have seen in many years at the Priory. Losing Neil Slates at H/T didn't help but it was in general a very poor football match, with both sides contributing. The ONLY plus to take from our last three performances is that it's been so bad, yet we have still managed to win the matches, & not dropped any points, & that's no disrespect to our opposition either. We will have to brush up sharp if we are to give the all conquering Plymouth Parkway a game at Bolitho Park on the weekend, huge underdogs...but you all like an underdog on here! :ninja:

8 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 2-1 Newquay

Least said about this game the better. Bodmin's third consecutive terrible performance in succession, & last night if I am quite honest maybe the worst display I have seen in many years at the Priory. Losing Neil Slates at H/T didn't help but it was in general a very poor football match, with both sides contributing. The ONLY plus to take from our last three performances is that it's been so bad, yet we have still managed to win the matches, & not dropped any points, & that's no disrespect to our opposition either. We will have to brush up sharp if we are to give the all conquering Plymouth Parkway a game at Bolitho Park on the weekend, huge underdogs...but you all like an underdog on here! :ninja:

All the top sides win games when they are playing poorly!

Sad to hear the news about Slates, did it look like a recurrence of his past injury?

Im sure Bodmin will raise their game for Parkway!

23 hours ago, mattelot said:

Thanks for your comment cornish legend I'm  sure all involved with the club appreciate it .after years in the doldrums the club is on the up . Also the biggest putter down of the club was once again conspicuous by his absence ..

I was following it closely on Twitter.

23 hours ago, mattelot said:

9 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I was following it closely on Twitter.

What made you think that he was referring to you BIG AL?

23 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Bodmin 2-1 Newquay

Thinking if Bodmin concentrated on playing football rather than moaning at every decision they would be a good team.

(saw Mane get sent off against City for dangerous play, yet Carter kicks Newquay young keeper in the head when the keeper was clearly going to and did, win the ball ?..nothing given...odd)

Newquay obviously disappointed as we were dreadful & still inflicted their 5th consecutive loss for them. But to say Carts intentionally done the keeper is ludicrous! :yahoo:

The boy goes to Church every Sunday & Bell ringing practise on a Tuesday night, he doesn't have a bad bone in his body. Lets see if the Newquay keeper plays tomorrow or whether he genuinely does have concussion.. 

50 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Adam Carter isn't a dirty player,he jumped over the keeper to avoid contact and 'if' he made contact with Zack it was minimal and unintentional.I was stood right above where it happened and would dispute any contact at all.

Interesting....if he jumped over the keeper there would not have been contact and the keeper would not have to be helped off the pitch. He may of tried to jump over the keeper and failed which would still constitute dangerous play, does not have to be intentional to be dangerous as the Mane situation proved (never said he was a dirty player).

Adam Carter in my opinion is not a dirty player. Butvpleasecexplain the brushing to Zacs head and face after the incident. Sure he didn't do it himself. And Leeds you need to stop blaming Bodmin for always playing badly. They are just not simply the side they use to be and Newquay took them all the way and deserved at least a draw. The good thing about Newquay is that most of the squad are local and do not travel for a big brown envilopes week in week out. Oh and before you comment Leeds I have played for bodmin and know the score. Hence the lovely car and holidays I use to have each year. By the way Sheila makes the best sandwiches ever. Also I believe Zac is a keeper to watch out for and being a bodmin lad will probably never get the opertunity to play for his home club. 

1 hour ago, godfather said:

Adam Carter in my opinion is not a dirty player. Butvpleasecexplain the brushing to Zacs head and face after the incident. Sure he didn't do it himself. And Leeds you need to stop blaming Bodmin for always playing badly. They are just not simply the side they use to be and Newquay took them all the way and deserved at least a draw. The good thing about Newquay is that most of the squad are local and do not travel for a big brown envilopes week in week out. Oh and before you comment Leeds I have played for bodmin and know the score. Hence the lovely car and holidays I use to have each year. By the way Sheila makes the best sandwiches ever. Also I believe Zac is a keeper to watch out for and being a bodmin lad will probably never get the opertunity to play for his home club. 

Tornado Bello £80 a game....think their are brown envelopes everywhere, at all clubs including Newquay :ninja:

Also its been posted on here in previous weeks how badly Bodmin have performed & not by me, Wednesday was by far our worst performance of the season & I AGREED, that's no disrespect to Newquay, but we still got the win & the three points condemning Newquay to their 5th straight defeat. Thats football, it can be a cruel game sometimes. But stand by that Carts would never intentionally do someone intentionally, he is a Christian 

Carts did not mean to kick Zak in the head!! Simple as that!! I was there on the pitch! Carts is a great bloke and a great player!! And Zak is going to be one great keeper!! And we def deserved something from the game but we will look to get 3 points tomorrow!! Great to see everyone at my old club! ??⚽️

10 minutes ago, Danny O said:

Carts did not mean to kick Zak in the head!! Simple as that!! I was there on the pitch! Carts is a great bloke and a great player!! And Zak is going to be one great keeper!! And we def deserved something from the game but we will look to get 3 points tomorrow!! Great to see everyone at my old club! ??⚽️

Thank you Danny, finally some common sense. Lovely to have you back & watch you play again at the Priory. With 3/4 additions bit more experience you will be just fine. Good luck in getting your 3 points tomorrow