DUNN CUP

Halsetown       6-0           Helston Athletic 3rds

LOCKHART CUP

St Day 3rds       4-2           Gwinear Churchtown

RUSSELL HALL CUP

Rosudgeon Reserves     P-P         Carharrack Reserves

St Ives Mariners           4-1              St Agnes 3rds

JUBILEE CUP

Stithians Reserves         4-4       Probus Reserves (Probus win 3-0 on pens)

Hayle 3rds        7-2           Madron

Rosudgeon Reserves vs Carharrack Reserves 

Postponed. 

Rosudgeon found out this evening that our game vs Carharrack has been postponed due to a failure on our behalf to sign players on with in the given time frame on a number of occasions this season. With some players we were 3 or 4 days late getting the forms to the Fa after signing players on match days. 

However, despite our ban from competing in the Russell Hall Cup this week, we would like to offer a friendly to Carharrack.

We have 16 players raring to go, so would embrace a game.....after all, we all just want to play football. 

Don’t like to be negative, but....with teams folding and teams struggling for players every week, why the league has chose to postpone this game is beyond me. 

But, if carharrack would like a game we are keen.

COYO

6 hours ago, Purple Army said:

Postponed. 

Rosudgeon found out this evening that our game vs Carharrack has been postponed due to a failure on our behalf to sign players on with in the given time frame on a number of occasions this season. With some players we were 3 or 4 days late getting the forms to the Fa after signing players on match days. 

However, despite our ban from competing in the Russell Hall Cup this week, we would like to offer a friendly to Carharrack.

We have 16 players raring to go, so would embrace a game.....after all, we all just want to play football. 

Don’t like to be negative, but....with teams folding and teams struggling for players every week, why the league has chose to postpone this game is beyond me. 

COYO

I’m sure Cornwall’s footballing god will be on here to quote rule 456 iii at some point soon ... 

7 hours ago, Purple Army said:

Postponed. 

COYO

There is much more to it than that. Games are not just postponed for the fun of it, especially from a League perspective.

This is a private matter between the League and Rosudgeon Football Club and so I will not be discussing it on a Public Forum.

27 minutes ago, B_D said:

There is much more to it than that. Games are not just postponed for the fun of it, especially from a League perspective.

This is a private matter between the League and Rosudgeon Football Club and so I will not be discussing it on a Public Forum.

The Footballing God x

I’m sure there is much more to it than us simply getting our forms in late a couple of times. 

Would love to hear from carharrack regarding the matter, seems perculiar they have had their last 6 games postponed or points awarded to opposing teams. 

7 minutes ago, Purple Army said:

Not at all. Just seems strange to me that carharrack are unable to raise a team for 3 weeks on the bounce, and then have their next 3 games “postponed” 

Well its no secret that Carharrack would appear to be struggling for players and therefore probably welcome not playing while experiencing this problem, however I don't think it's their fault on this occasion.

Is that why you've very kindly offered them a friendly, to see whether they could have raised a side?

Rules are there for a reason and on this occasion obviously they haven't been followed.

15 minutes ago, Gingster said:

I've changed my opinion of him big time. He is doing more for Cornish football than most on here who love to give a little dig or have a moan.

There is a lot of people that do loads for Cornish football they just don’t come on here and feel the need to tell everyone or tell people they’re wrong about games  when they weren’t even there ??

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well its no secret that Carharrack would appear to be struggling for players and therefore probably welcome not playing while experiencing this problem, however I don't think it's their fault on this occasion.

Is that why you've very kindly offered them a friendly, to see whether they could have raised a side?

Rules are there for a reason and on this occasion obviously they haven't been followed.

According to the league, the game is now back on.  

The above is nothing to do with Carharrack AFC. We were informed yesterday by the league that our fixture was cancalled due to a matter with the opposition. We confirmed twice with the league the game was definitely cancelled on Friday.

We then informed our manager and players many of whom are self employed that there would be no match. This is a matter for the league and Rosudgeon. The game I understand will be replayed. 

1 hour ago, erby ruin said:

Probus 4 Illogan 1

Barrett (pen)

Watched this game today to take Iin some local football, normally watching SWPL - totally one sided match and if Probus had switched on all game rather than spells of 5 minutes could have won by a lot more. Illogan had a decent player in Anton Oliver but Probus were strong across the field. All 4 Probus goals by Liam Paddock - the best being one that was wrongly given as offside. 

This was a 2nd v 3rd game in Trelawny league two - big gap in quality. 

Jubilee Cup

Hayle 7

Madron 2 

With a few new signings on the day, Madron had a squad of 13 which was a welcome treat for the Madron manager.

Madron conceaded early from a great striker from Hayle midfielder but got straight back into the game from free kick perfectly delivered into the box for Madron winger to equalise with his head. The free kick was conceded by Hayle midfielder 'Hodges' kicking out at a Madron player, unpunished by the ref.

Hayle then scored again to make it 2-1 again a great striker on the edge of the box.

Straight from Kick off Madron's new signing Alan Williams spotted the Hayle keeper off his line and lobbed him from the half way line- 2-2.

Hayle then scored 3 more before half time one was a crazy moment when the Madron keeper decided to throw the ball out straight to Hayles striker who slotted the ball away, another was a crazy penalty after 'Hodges' flew through the air before even touched. 

Hayle had the majority of play second half and managed another 2 goals.

Hayle allowed the rolling subs to work giving all their squad a run out which is great to see such a good example of the rolling subs rule allowing more players to get involved, respect the Hayle manager for using it.

I hate to say negative comments about a ref because it' only them that allows us to play but this ref was pretty much dictated to by the Hayle team today, allowing several kick out during challenges, a push in the face by 'Hodges' and constant abuse from two or 3 Hayles players all game, including several occassion when they directly swore at the ref and lino. Would have liked to have seen the sin bin used as this type of abuse is exactly what was implemented to stop this attitude towards ref, but if you get a ref that allows it then what' the point........

Great game shame certain individuals and there attitude and 'I can do anything' attitude ruined it a little. 

Same fixture next week in the league, great another afternoon with a pre Madonna........

43 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Watched this game today to take Iin some local football, normally watching SWPL - totally one sided match and if Probus had switched on all game rather than spells of 5 minutes could have won by a lot more. Illogan had a decent player in Anton Oliver but Probus were strong across the field. All 4 Probus goals by Liam Paddock - the best being one that was wrongly given as offside. 

No doubt about it probus on the Day were better we'll dust ourselves off and go again, Liam paddock, Sean Johnson showed there higher level experience were top draw wouldn't expect anything different looking forward to cup tie in December hopefully some of our players missing today will return also but wasn't the difference they better throughout and a bad start cost us chasing game From then but proud that my lads kept grafting and never gave up! 

And the best one being given offside the best one was the third one when he punched the ball in the net with his ✊ referee said couldn't see it everyone else virtually did had good laugh with few probus lads about it after good bunch

8 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

No doubt about it probus on the Day were better we'll dust ourselves off and go again, Liam paddock, Sean Johnson showed there higher level experience were top draw wouldn't expect anything different looking forward to cup tie in December hopefully some of our players missing today will return also but wasn't the difference they better throughout and a bad start cost us chasing game From then but proud that my lads kept grafting and never gave up! 

And the best one being given offside the best one was the third one when he punched the ball in the net with his ✊ referee said couldn't see it everyone else virtually did had good laugh with few probus lads about it after good bunch

Would have to agree that 3rd looked very suspect to me. 

Was told the two teams have a cup tie coming up - I think Probus had several away today so would imagine that game will be a cracker and as Probus had no senior players today they have room for two of their home grown SWPL Prem Players  to make an appearance. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Totally outplayed today .. 2nd best to everything

No mention on the hand of God then lol

1 hour ago, Portreathlegend said:

Jubilee Cup

Hayle 7

Madron 2 

With a few new signings on the day, Madron had a squad of 13 which was a welcome treat for the Madron manager.

Madron conceaded early from a great striker from Hayle midfielder but got straight back into the game from free kick perfectly delivered into the box for Madron winger to equalise with his head. The free kick was conceded by Hayle midfielder 'Hodges' kicking out at a Madron player, unpunished by the ref.

Hayle then scored again to make it 2-1 again a great striker on the edge of the box.

Straight from Kick off Madron's new signing Alan Williams spotted the Hayle keeper off his line and lobbed him from the half way line- 2-2.

Hayle then scored 3 more before half time one was a crazy moment when the Madron keeper decided to throw the ball out straight to Hayles striker who slotted the ball away, another was a crazy penalty after 'Hodges' flew through the air before even touched. 

Hayle allowed the rolling subs to work giving all their squad a run out which is great to see such a good example of the rolling subs rule allowing more players to get involved, respect the Hayle manager for using it.

I hate to say negative comments about a ref because it' only them that allows us to play but this ref was pretty much dictated to by the Hayle team today, allowing several kick out during challenges, a push in the face by 'Hodges' and constant abuse from two or 3 Hayles players all game, including several occassion when they directly swore at the ref and lino. Would have liked to have seen the sin bin used as this type of abuse is exactly what was implemented to stop this attitude towards ref, but if you get a ref that allows it then what' the point........

Great game shame certain individuals and there attitude and 'I can do anything' attitude ruined it a little. 

Same fixture next week in the league, great another afternoon with a pre Madonna........

As ever there are always 2sides in a game. As a spectator there was some great goals and some niggles throughout the game, you seem to have a issue with ref which I think you have no case to with today as I think your side was lucky to finish the game all 11players still on the pitch after at least 4/5 horrendous challenges that could have seen at least 1player even 2get straight reds. Hayle were no angels either hodges did give away the free kick rightly so, but only after being hacked at by 2 madron player in the same incident. As for the penalty and the player flies through the air!!!! When the player tackling holds his hands up and said it was a penalty I don't think you can argue really. There was no push in the face, if the incident you are talking about was after a horrendous lunge from your c.b on a Hayle player, to which your striker said 'if I had done it he would have felt it' after in the previous encounter a few weeks ago shattering a Hayle players ankle I was told in the stand. Yes there was a lot  of angry Hayle player's   that had alot to say about it! Personally thought it was a OK game to watch,  not much football played nice to see madron turning a corner and managing to get a side out & subs as well after there troubles & of course the madron  second goal straight from the kick off after Hayle had scored.! Fine strike! 

Hayle penalty was a well won penalty and I wasn' saying the ref was poor, he was just dictated too and the more he ignored things the more they happened......

I enjoyed the game personally, good banter and nice to be back playing rather than managing from the stands, be good to play against next week and hopefully with a squad again to compete.

I cant comment in anything that happened in previous week in regards to a Hayle players injury but I understand the two players have spoken and it wasnt a nasty tackle....... I feel just used today as an excuse to cause a little trouble which happened throughout the game from both sides.

But put that to one side hopefully next week the bitching and personally vendettas can be put to one side and both teams can try and play a little football.....

8 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

Jubilee Cup

Hayle 7

Madron 2 

No Game for Gwinear today then Duane. Gave you a chance to play for Helston and score.

Couldn't see any personal vendetta's going on from the stand, just some hard challenges from both sides & as I said some horrendous ones by Madron. As for the tackle a few weeks before, I can't comment either but think if you ask a few more of your players the ones talking in the bar after, they'll tell you it was in fact a really bad tackle which the player had several breaks& dislocated ankle. Hopefully a better game of football next week,still good to see Madron managing to get a team out after the problems they have had, as we've seen another good club fold this week hope you can keep it going!!  

11 hours ago, fudge said:

Russel hall cup.mariners 4 st agnes 1.greg stephens 2 stuart lugg and jordan daniels with the goals.

good win for mariners, we didn't turn up on the pitch and was poor . great sportsmanship by st ives i for got signing on form they had no spare ones ,ref agreed to do it on a blank peace of paper and all ppl to sign it but st ives said no its not there fault i for got it so wouldn't agree, i have let teams do this before so players get a game and not wasted there time. i know they don't have to agree but thought this was poor from dave . only good thing fot us on the day there lino was spot on (the old chap) thank you to him .

35 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

good win for mariners, we didn't turn up on the pitch and was poor . great sportsmanship by st ives i for got signing on form they had no spare ones ,ref agreed to do it on a blank peace of paper and all ppl to sign it but st ives said no its not there fault i for got it so wouldn't agree, i have let teams do this before so players get a game and not wasted there time. i know they don't have to agree but thought this was poor from dave . only good thing fot us on the day there lino was spot on (the old chap) thank you to him .

Bad organisation on your pet Wellsy but I'm surprised Dave didn't let you crack on with it!

Some interesting results in Division 3 with Ruan Minor and Titans slipping up but Holmans and Ludgvan both winning again! Going to be an odd season in Div 3 I think!

14 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Bad organisation on your pet Wellsy but I'm surprised Dave didn't let you crack on with it!

Some interesting results in Division 3 with Ruan Minor and Titans slipping up but Holmans and Ludgvan both winning again! Going to be an odd season in Div 3 I think!

always have forms on me was a one off mistake ,after rushing round doing tots training and u12 training in the morn as well as reffing u7 game .

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

think you boys will win the league best side we have played yet 

2 hours ago, Chris wells said:

They were the days when players could sign on the day with referee countersigning the forms!

2 hours ago, Fanfare said:
1 hour ago, ian beale said:

That’s poor from st ives mariners. No need for it everyone just wants to play football what a wasted trip for that player. Joke. 

People can say what they want on this matter and people posting comments who wernt even there whats the point.if i was a player travelling down i would hope and expect my manager to have sorted the forms etc before hand and not find out 15 mins before kick off there is no forms.also why post bitchy comments on fourums? If you dont like something thats happened sort it out face to face on the day.

Let's just clarify something before it gets a little bit stupid... I've spoken to Chris on the phone and I even told him that the rules clearly state that a player must be registered using a "competition registration form". By not signing a blank piece of paper, St Ives Mariners have done nothing wrong. 

It is very unfortunate but there's no point everyone getting on the St Ives Management teams back when all they have done is abide by League rules? 

Chris stated he'd messed up by not taking any forms but unfortunately this is just one of those things. It is unfortunate that the player couldn't play but I tell you something... St Agnes will not make this mistake again. I'm pretty sure that Chris has already put registration forms in his cars glove compartment to prevent this from happening again.

Footballing God x

18 minutes ago, Chris wells said:

told dave soon as we got there no1 would be going to the pub coz of other plans and we wouldn't have time ,we normaly always go to the pub coz i love a pint 

People can say what they want on this matter and people posting comments who wernt even there whats the point.if i was a player travelling down i would hope and expect my manager to have sorted the forms etc before hand and not find out 15 mins before kick off there is no forms.also why post bitchy comments on fourums? If you dont like something thats happened sort it out face to face on the day.

No probs see at chivvy for a pint next time

On 05/11/2017 at 07:17, guess who said:

Couldn't see any personal vendetta's going on from the stand, just some hard challenges from both sides & as I said some horrendous ones by Madron. As for the tackle a few weeks before, I can't comment either but think if you ask a few more of your players the ones talking in the bar after, they'll tell you it was in fact a really bad tackle which the player had several breaks& dislocated ankle. Hopefully a better game of football next week,still good to see Madron managing to get a team out after the problems they have had, as we've seen another good club fold this week hope you can keep it going!!  

If you weren't there ,then don't comment! The 'tackle' that caused the lads break was a nothing tackle and it was the general consensus during and after the game itself.  The ref during that game gave a throw in to Madron after and he is the Hayle manager!!! The fact that a Hayle player should go to the ref during this weeks game telling him a Madron player had broken a Hayle players leg on purpose is an absolute joke. Sounded like a schoolboy snitching in the play ground. Considering the same player went in studs first in the previous game on the young Madron goalkeeper, leaving him with stud marks on his knee and made several awful challenges in both games. You obviously suffer from the same affliction as Wenger who also doesn't see things that are blatantly in front of them! The personal vendetta's were evident all through the game. 

9 hours ago, addick1 said:

If you weren't there ,then don't comment! The 'tackle' that caused the lads break was a nothing tackle and it was the general consensus during and after the game itself.  The ref during that game gave a throw in to Madron after and he is the Hayle manager!!! The fact that a Hayle player should go to the ref during this weeks game telling him a Madron player had broken a Hayle players leg on purpose is an absolute joke. Sounded like a schoolboy snitching in the play ground. Considering the same player went in studs first in the previous game on the young Madron goalkeeper, leaving him with stud marks on his knee and made several awful challenges in both games. You obviously suffer from the same affliction as Wenger who also doesn't see things that are blatantly in front of them! The personal vendetta's were evident all through the game. 

As I've previously said, I was a spectator at this game, I have no affiliation with either team, I was not at the previous game but the people I was stood with were&when the lunge by your c.b took place they said about the incident in the previous game when the hayle players leg! But the comments by your striker was totally out of order as it was him involved in the in the previous game!! Your views on the incident seem to differ about the the incident, as a group of the Madron players were talking about it after all agree how bad a challenge it was!! Just hope everyone has a better game on Saturday!