Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - 2nd ROUND - Saturday November 4th 2017

23 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - 2nd ROUND - Saturday November 4th 2017 (2.00PM)

Sticker Reserves v North Petherwin

St Dennis Reserves v Tregrehan Mills

Rame Peninsula v Gerrans & St Mawes Utd

Mabe v St Just Reserves

Sticker Reserves 2  North Petherwin 0  (J.Boardman, M.Searle)

St Dennis Res v Tregrehan Mills

I arrived at St Dennis at half time with the Millers from Duchy Division Two leading their Premier Division rivals  1 - 0.

Within about ten minutes they were 3 nil up and looking really good.

Full credit to St Dennis, their spirit & endeavour was top notch and  it was 3 all with 15 minutes left.

Tregrehan's strikers were pushing well forward making for tricky offside decisions for a club linesman to make and they fell foul to his flag many times but still created many more chances.

At the other end St Dennis were also creating chances but the visiting 'keeper was in fine form.

The home side's efforts were rewarded with a late winner and I would expect them to feature in the final stages of the competition.

Excellent entertainment.

21 minutes ago, razor61 said:

Sticker Reserves 2  North Petherwin 0  (J.Boardman, M.Searle)

Entertaining 90 mins at Burngullow Road.  Sticker's two goals coming 5 mins before and after half time. A match of few clear cut chances however the home side just shaded the tie. 

Don't forget the draw for Round 3 will be 'live' from the County Office on Monday at 2.00 pm. :c:

4 hours ago, Paul Collings said:

St Dennis Res v Tregrehan Mills

I arrived at St Dennis at half time with the Millers from Duchy Division Two leading their Premier Division rivals  1 - 0.

Within about ten minutes they were 3 nil up and looking really good.

Full credit to St Dennis, their spirit & endeavour was top notch and  it was 3 all with 15 minutes left.

Tregrehan's strikers were pushing well forward making for tricky offside decisions for a club linesman to make and they fell foul to his flag many times but still created many more chances.

At the other end St Dennis were also creating chances but the visiting 'keeper was in fine form.

The home side's efforts were rewarded with a late winner and I would expect them to feature in the final stages of the competition.

Excellent entertainment.

We had several chances in the 1st half too Paul,we really need to get our act together if we want to win this cup,credit to the millers they didn't stop all game n probably didn't deserve to lose,good luck to them for their season.

our scorers Mark Rowe hattrick n Cj 

11 hours ago, zebedee said:

Anybody know the Mabe v St Just result today ? 

Mabe 0-7 St Just Seconds (0-3 HT)

The result doesn't flatter St Just who could've had more if it wasn't for some superb saves by the Mabe keeper.

Tony Angwin had a first half hat trick, also goals from Sam Capstick, Sam McKenna, Charlie Harry and man of the match Gareth May.

On 4 November 2017 at 22:08, davegrose said:

We had several chances in the 1st half too Paul,we really need to get our act together if we want to win this cup,credit to the millers they didn't stop all game n probably didn't deserve to lose,good luck to them for their season.

our scorers Mark Rowe hattrick n Cj 

Forgot to add that it was nice to have a ref that not only had a good game but he had a sense of humour as well hopefully have him again as he was pretty much spot on with the decisions,well done ref

51 minutes ago, davegrose said:

Forgot to add that it was nice to have a ref that not only had a good game but he had a sense of humour as well hopefully have him again as he was pretty much spot on with the decisions,well done ref

I agree entirely, it was the first time I had seen him and I was very impressed.  Matthew Arthur i believe.