Stoke Gabriel 1, Newquay 0 
Tavistock 0, Callington Town 0 
Witheridge 1, St Austell 5 

DIVISION ONE EAST 
Alphington 0, Ilfracombe Town 1 
Galmpton & Roselands 4, Sidmouth Town 3 
Liverton United 1, Appledore 2 

WALTER C PARSON CUP 3RD ROUND 
Plymouth Argyle 2, Godolphin Atlantic 2 (aet Godolphin win on pens)

DEVON PREMIER CUP 3RD RD 
Axminster Town 0, Plymstock United 1 
BOCA Seniors 3, Bovey Tracey 6 
Brixham 11, Upottery 0 
Budleigh Salterton  5, Park United  1
Crediton United 2, Watcombe Wanderers 3 
Elburton Villa 1, Honiton Town 3 
Holsworthy 0, Elmore 1 
Mount Gould 0, University of Exeter 1 
Plympton Athletic 2, Newton Abbot Spurs 2 (Spurs win 5-3 on pens)
St Martins 7, Okehampton Argyle 0 
Teignmouth 5, Navy Inn 3 
Torridgeside 3, Morley Rangers 1 

DURNING LAWRENCE CORNWALL CHARITY CUP 1ST ROUND 
Bude Town 2, Liskeard Athletic 4 
Carharrack 7, Dobwalls 1 
Illogan RBL 1, Penzance 5 
Millbrook 2, Wadebridge Town 2 (Wadebridge win 4-3 on pens)
Mousehole 2, Ludgvan 1 
Polperro 5, St Dennis 2 
St Agnes 1, Wendron United 3 (aet) 
St Blazey 2, Porthleven 0

Not even a very poor ( by their previous season standards) St.Austell side would lose at Witheridge today, rock bottom of the league I can see St.Austell getting the maximum points today. The rest of the Premier games I am going for all Home wins .... even fancy an improved Ivybridge team to take points off Saltash as my suprise of the day!

Watched the Millbrook v Wadebridge game today and it was ruined by the officials if I'm honest. A fairly even game but saw a Wadebridge goal that was 5 yards offside, a soft penalty in the 94th min that gave Wadebridge an equaliser and a lino who flagged for offside and when the ref blew for it said sorry it wasn't offside.

Felt a bit sorry for the home side if I'm honest but the ref was poor for both sides. Did see a cracking goal from a Millbrook player top bin from 25 to 30 yards which was the highlight for me

Carharrack demolished Dobwalls in the second half. Leading just 1-0 at HT (a Dobwalls FK had blistered the crossbar with the 'keeper just stood watching) through Mark Holland (30) they scored twice in the first 2 minutes of the second half and were 5 up before Dobwalls got one back. Then Dobwalls had a pen saved before the same 'keeper pulled off a brilliant save from a goal-bound FK. A couple more rounded off the scoring. The boy Sharp at the back was  immense. Truro should look at him. I know Ryan Stephens had a hatrick.

Soup today, also only 50p. Bargain and warming. I went home in a good mood!

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Not even a very poor ( by their previous season standards) St.Austell side would lose at Witheridge today, rock bottom of the league I can see St.Austell getting the maximum points today. The rest of the Premier games I am going for all Home wins .... even fancy an improved Ivybridge team to take points off Saltash as my suprise of the day!

What a numpty,did you do an accumulator ??

Very good result for Callington Town after the week they've had. I'm sure the players were motivated by the change of management which must have left a sour taste in the mouth so soon after the Torpoint manager stepping away. Also a fantastic result for Godolphin in the cup which may slip under the radar. 

Right....here goes! I am not very good at eating humble pie however....

St.Blazey 2-0 Porthleven,

With no fixture yesterday I decided to go across town & watch St.Blazey, after recent weeks with them picking up a few results. Firstly, I would like to comment on how good the ground was looking, banks cut, pitch looking lovely (heard from the tea hut Paul had done it, well done Paul cracking effort)

On to the game, after a lacklustre first half where it was very one paced & flat St.Blazey just shaded the first half & went in winning 1-0. The second half was dominated by St.Blazey & they increased their lead to 2-0. They could of added more goals but some wayward finishing prevented that but created many chances They were first to nearly every ball & were far stronger than Porthleven , so I must Apologise after recent weeks of maybe putting them down. It was at times yesterday Men against boys. Personally I can see St.Blazey finishing top 5, promotion might be a little bit to much for them (my opinion I still back Liskeard) but they have certainly turned the corner & will have an influence on where the title ends up on yesterdays performance. Felt sorry for Alan Carey returning to his old club, he was let down by some players not even committing themselves to win tackles, or headers, they were weak. He didn't look happy afterwards heading back to the changing rooms, & Alan Carey's teams do not usually lack tenacity, but yesterday belonged to St.Blazey. 

Also well done Godolphin, great result in progressing to the league cup quarter finals at Plymouth Argyle Res expense :thumbsup:

Cannot disagree with you Leeds we simply did not turn up !,

but I would say it was nice to see St Blazey pitch and surrounds getting back to what one expects from a club of that stature 

Well done to everyone involved 

there is life after the gold diggers !,, 

3 hours ago, Toto said:

Cannot disagree with you Leeds we simply did not turn up !,

but I would say it was nice to see St Blazey pitch and surrounds getting back to what one expects from a club of that stature 

Well done to everyone involved 

there is life after the gold diggers !,, 

Alan, after many many years of coming against your sides I felt for you personally yesterday. Alan Carey's team usually have fight & compete for Every ball/tackle, yesterday for what ever reason St.Blazey beat Porthleven in all areas of the pitch & were stronger.  However, St.Blazey football club will always be indebted to what you achieved there a season or so ago Alan saving the club from relegation ( only to be carried by last season's fool's !) 

The  limited games I saw you play (mostly evening's) with the experience you had there O'Hagan, Painter, Cooper, Greet, Sims, Drummond, Tornado you had the foundations of a good side. They should always be thankful for what you done for them. However yesterday's game there was only one winner

22 hours ago, leedsunited said:

With no fixture yesterday I decided to go across town & watch St.Blazey, after recent weeks with them picking up a few results. Firstly, I would like to comment on how good the ground was looking, banks cut, pitch looking lovely (heard from the tea hut Paul had done it, well done Paul cracking effort)

On to the game, after a lacklustre first half where it was very one paced & flat St.Blazey just shaded the first half & went in winning 1-0. The second half was dominated by St.Blazey & they increased their lead to 2-0. They could of added more goals but some wayward finishing prevented that but created many chances They were first to nearly every ball & were far stronger than Porthleven , so I must Apologise after recent weeks of maybe putting them down. It was at times yesterday Men against boys. Personally I can see St.Blazey finishing top 5, promotion might be a little bit to much for them (my opinion I still back Liskeard) but they have certainly turned the corner & will have an influence on where the title ends up on yesterdays performance. Felt sorry for Alan Carey returning to his old club, he was let down by some players not even committing themselves to win tackles, or headers, they were weak. He didn't look happy afterwards heading back to the changing rooms, & Alan Carey's teams do not usually lack tenacity, but yesterday belonged to St.Blazey. 

Most people who actually watched this game on Saturday would find it very hard to disagree with any of this! I didnt think that much of St Blazey if im being totally honest, I thought they werent great, but Porthleven were even worse. Cant say that Alan hasnt got the personnel there to do the damage, its just something isnt quite ticking at the moment and theyve now lost  3 in a row. If Alan can get them going again, they will become a very strong side in the West Division

Saturday 4th November 2017

Saltash United v Ivybridge Town(away)SWPL(Premier Division)

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Dave Barker,Callum Martindale,Callum O'Brien,Sam Leary,Danny Lewis(c),

Paul Heveran,Sam Farrant,Lee Phillips,Ryan Richards,

Richard Maddison.

Subs used:Tom King for Sam Farrant(59 mins),

Lewis Young for Richard Maddison(59 mins),

Sam Hughes for Lee Phillips(69 mins).

Unused subs:Steve Sargison & Henry Wilson.

Bookings:None.

Result:Ivybridge Town 2  Saltash United 4 

Scorers:Maddison(36 mins),Richards(46 mins),

Heveran(65 mins) & Young(70 mins).

Referee:Graeme Martin (Exeter)

Attendance:

For the supporters of both Ivybridge and Saltash this was not very good but for the neutral it was very entertaining.

Both sides were having trouble stringing passes together which led to scrappy play.

The first chance of the match fell to the Ashes after a mix-up in the Ivybridge defence on 10 minutes but they could not take advantage.

With 15 minutes gone Ivybridge should have taken the lead when a miss-kick in the Ashes defence presented the home side with a goalscoring chance which was not taken.The home side did take the lead on 32 minutes when a corner on the right was headed onto the ashes bar ,the follow-up was cleared off the line but the third attempt went in.

The Ashes got back on level terms just 4 minutes later when a low cross from Ryan Richards on the right was hit home at the far post by Richard Maddison.

The second half was less than a minute old when Dave Barker played a long ball to Ryan Richards who lobbed the advancing keeper to give the ashes a 2-1 lead.The Ashes made it 3-1 on 65 minutes when a clever back heel from Lee Phillips was taken on by Paul Heveran to score.With just 20 minutes remaining Sam Hughes played the ball to Paul Heveran to cross from the right and Lewis Young was on hand to head home to put the Ashes 4-1 up.

With time running out the Ashes defence failed to clear a low cross from the right and Joe Truelove was on hand to score for Ivybridge.

The Ashes did not have any trouble seeing out the last few minutes to secure the three points.

On 05/11/2017 at 12:20, leedsunited said:

Also well done Godolphin, great result in progressing to the league cup quarter finals at Plymouth Argyle Res expense :thumbsup:

Thankyou Leeds. Several people are putting in the work to get it back to a good standard again. Certainly takes alot of time and effort but we will get there. Once the stand roof is repaired and the far end cleared and cleaned up we will be looking pretty good. At least people are noticing the difference and like what they see. :thumbsup: