Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Friday 3rd November 2017

Bit of momentum behind us now, one nil, could of gone either way at times. But all that matters is the score when the final whistle goes (ask Camelford!)

Credit to Sticker who played their part. 

Nice to have a Saturday off, might go take in a game somewhere think its the cup fixtures tomorrow...Although now for the lower ranked sides, lost its shine a bit in recent years not like it used to be...

Well left priory park this evening feeling a little disappointed for our boys, played some lovely stuff at times and really worked hard on the night! Bodmin very lucky to get the result  and didn't look anything special what so ever, sticker should have have a blatant penalty after Frankie pulled back in the box! If they were a little bit more clinical in the final third this evening the outcome  would have been a different story! 

45 minutes ago, Burngullow said:

Well left priory park this evening feeling a little disappointed for our boys, played some lovely stuff at times and really worked hard on the night! Bodmin very lucky to get the result  and didn't look anything special what so ever, sticker should have have a blatant penalty after Frankie pulled back in the box! If they were a little bit more clinical in the final third this evening the outcome  would have been a different story! 

Yawn....we were poor last night, but still got the result which is all that matters. Good luck to Sticker for the rest of season, hope you get back to winning ways & start climbing the table & move away from the relegation area  :thumbsup:

Quick summary on my way out lol. We were poor , strikers could not hit a cows arse with a banjo last night. Our keeper must hold his head in shame. If you were there you all know why. Lost us the game. A draw would have been fair I think. Camelford had a plan and stuck to it. Well done Camelford .... pulled our pants down big time.

Move on next game ......

Cmon Parkway.

9 hours ago, davegrose said:

Come st Dennis Leeds,junior cup ko 2pm

Might pop over Dave, used to enjoy my visits over to St.Dennis! Problem is it was more than 30 years ago now, time is going far to quick Dave! Was thinking of venturing down to St.Blazey, watch them.today, maybe a couple Malibu & Pineapple to wash it down! :thumbsup:

Great cause the 'Charity Cup' but when I was playing it was a bloody hindrance sometimes, never ranked anywhere near the importance of the Senior Cup, a trophy is a trophy they say, but that cup was the one a few of the fringe players would get a run in

45 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Quick summary on my way out lol. We were poor , strikers could not hit a cows arse with a banjo last night. Our keeper must hold his head in shame. If you were there you all know why. Lost us the game. A draw would have been fair I think. Camelford had a plan and stuck to it. Well done Camelford .... pulled our pants down big time.

Move on next game ......

Cmon Parkway.

If the strikers were poor then surely they lost you the game. If you score more than the other team then you can't lose!? Unless he got sent off or something?

If a keeper makes a mistake and lets in a goal then that is similar to a stiker missing an easy chance except they don't seem to get the stick for it.

2 hours ago, Burngullow said:

Didnt you or (someone for sticker)say the same after you lost to a depleted Saltash side last week?  You need to learn fast that the top teams in any division always find a way to get over the line.  No luck involved.  

You will have to have a look back as it wasn't me who wrote a comment regarding the saltash game As I didn't attend. As for the 'luck' side of things there must be a little in it surely... bodmin was lucky not to concede a penalty, they was lucky not to have had a player sent off for an over the top challenge so yeah a little bit of luck I would say. But onwards and upwards still figuring out new teams each week since being promoted. 

Camelford 1 v 0 Plymouth Parkway

This was always going to be a rear guard action for Camelford against the league leaders, especially when seeing that both Hobbs and Krac were back fit and Parkway fielding a full strength squad - Camelford still missing a couple, but for once having a decent size squad/ bench. 

For all the quality in the Parkway team they created very little in the first half and Camelford held them fairly comfortably which subdued their travelling supporters. THE BALD ONE was correct - up front they were poor - young Harry Hambly had the prolific Hobbs under total control and Camelford out battled Parkway on virtually every 50-50 ball. The lad Joyce should hang his head in shame for a couple of his ‘tackles’ - clearly dominated and frustrated. 

Second half saw much the same with a very evenly contested match - Parkway upped their tempo but not their final quality and Camels soaked up pressure and attacked with real threat on the counter.  

Then the turning point - ball played through the channel by Camels - collected by the Parkway keeper, who for some totally unexplainable reason decided assault the Camels player who had chased the ball through - there had been no prior contact and absolutely no reason for his behaviour?? Ref missed it as he was looking down pitch where he and everyone expected the ball to go from the keeper but lineman didn’t - this can be the only reason that the keeper stayed on the pitch (it should have been a straight red for stupidity!). Penalty given and slotted home by Ryan Pooley. 

Parkway lost all shape and composure, playing as a group of very talented individuals against a strong cohesive Camelford team. Last 15 was all Parkway attacking and Camelford giving all defending, to a man. 

Final whistle went with a bit of disbelief all around but no one can complain about Camels getting something out of the game - a draw was probably about right but the win was deserved for the real effort and team play of Camelford (and the total stupidity of their keeper).

Parkway must be better than what was displayed by them last night - but having seen Camels play both Tavvy and Parkway - Parkway have better players, Tavvy are a better team with a clear coached style -  can’t  see anyone else challenging those two. 

28 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

If the strikers were poor then surely they lost you the game. If you score more than the other team then you can't lose!? Unless he got sent off or something?

If a keeper makes a mistake and lets in a goal then that is similar to a stiker missing an easy chance except they don't seem to get the stick for it.

Kyle Moore must hold his head in shame. He wasn't at fault for the goal, it was a good penalty. He conceded the penalty. A Camels player went for what looked like a 50/50 ball but the keeper took exception to this and deliberately charged at the player. A needless over reaction which cost his team their 100% record. 

Parkway were unlucky at the other end with great defending, top goalkeeping and a bit of luck keeping them from scoring. As one of their fans remarked "It's just one of those nights!"

Credit Camelford for winning rather then blame it on a moment of madness from Parkway.

Camels still a few players out with injuries so draught in lower league players who done them proud, couldn't go to the match because of a charity do but told the missus to text me every time there was a goal, heard nothing for ages so I thought Parkway were scoring quicker than she could text . Lovely surprise when I finally got the result, so excited I chucked another tenner in the kitty, or was it a quid. Well done Camels.

The keeper gave away a needless penalty end of ........... if he didnt react the way he did nil_ñil would have been the score. The strikers did not lose the game for us , but they did fail to get us the win. I do not take anything away from Camelford.... they were very well organised and played out of their skins. Well deserved points. Well done boys. No sour grapes here , just disappointment for our keeper.

On 04/11/2017 at 01:37, Sticker Forever said:

That new reporter Gareth Davies knows his stuff!! Said Parkway were unbeatable and Bodmin poor. Not worth turning up for the Vase game!! Bit different tonight! Well done to the Camels by the way.

Hi Sticker Forver!

Can't quite remember where I said Parkway were unbeatable? Nor that Bodmin shouldn't bother turning up for the Vase game.

But I stand by my comments from the other day that Bodmin were very poor all round in the Vase against Swanage.