Cornwall Football Forum

High scoring season so far for the front runners!

Take nothing away from parkway and their impressive start to the campaign, but are we struggling to see champions tavistock and their goings on? 

Despite losing their top scorer from last season they are still out scoring the current  leaders! And boasting the best defensive record all credit to the set up at Langsford park 

The winners of the league will have to beat Tavistock to it in my opinion. Think Argyle will fade away and as it stands right now you have to say Saltash and Bodmin  have left themselves to much to do. However if they were to go on a big run of wins that would thrust them back into it, but not been consistant enough so far this season. 

It’s early days & despite Parkways deserved impressive run, Tavistock have impressed me the most - so far. They lost their top striker, replacing him with Carter only to lose him when Krac decided to leave. Recently also losing Dan Sully. Great start Tavistock, would love to see you retain the title. 

The match at Bolitho on Boxing Day is shaping up to be a very big fixture (just hope the weather plays along), Tavvy have certainly gone under the radar with all the attention (deservedly) on Parkway. They have built a strong side over the past few seasons with a core of very good players in Josh Robins, Dan Evans, the Daw brothers , Jack Crago and Dave Hallett.

Would be interesting to hear if Tavvy also have promotion ambitions.

11 minutes ago, El Nino said:

What is the point of winning the League if you don't want promotion. Forever a big fish in a small pond is not winning mentality. Discuss.

Wanting promotion and having enough money to do so are two different things.Unless there is huge financial backing I expect most clubs would be bankrupt after the first season.

19 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Wanting promotion and having enough money to do so are two different things.Unless there is huge financial backing I expect most clubs would be bankrupt after the first season.

would also add to "having enough money to do so" by saying having enough money to make alterations to make the gradings in the league above

33 minutes ago, El Nino said:

What is the point of winning the League if you don't want promotion. Forever a big fish in a small pond is not winning mentality. Discuss.

El Niño, You are obviously new to the forum, this has already been discussed to death innumerable times. Go back through the sub-forum indexes, you'll find enough bedtime reading to keep you going 'till Christmas (providing that you're an insomniac)!