Plymouth Parkway  6,  Witheridge    1     

St Austell  5,  Falmouth Town   5

DIVISION ONE EAST

Bovey Tracey  4,  Honiton Town   3                           

Crediton United   3,  Torridgeside  1

DIVISION ONE WEST

Wadebridge Town  1,  Illogan RBL   1

Helston 2 v 1 Camelfords

Game was preceded by an immaculately observed minutes silence for Helston ledgend Sam Real.

Simple story for Camelford tonight and in previous games - giving away very soft defensive goals. First  goal after 20+ mins was a long 'hoof' down the middle of the pitch from Helstons keeper that should have been simple for the defence to deal with, allowed to bounce and Helston player nips in and scores. Second goal on about 42 minutes was a long 'hoof' going nowhere into the bottom corner, Kyle Marks did really well but was allowed to cut into the box past two defenders and his shot went under the keeper. Other than those two moments the first half was at best even and arguably edged by Camelford - who at 1-0 had a stone walled penalty (and straight red to the keeper), turned away - both linesman and virtually all 150 spectators saw it the same, but not the man who counts, the ref - who had an okay match other than that. The reason it was not given as a penalty was because the Camelford player had 'put the ball past the keeper before he was fouled'??? Camelford having a tough time with these decisions at the moment.

Second half was all Camelford who scored through a long range shot from Ryan Pooley (keeper should probably have saved it), and the Camels controlled the middle of the field and missed several clear goal scoring opportunities. The lack of an out and out  20+ goal scorer striker was clear - there just aren't many of them about.

Helston have some cracking players in Kyle Marks, Mattie Buchan, Kirk Davis and George Roberts (hope he makes a speedy recovery from twisting his ankle) - which makes seeing them constantly playing a long hopeful ball as slightly disappointing - it worked and they got 3 points, just in my view they are better than that. A couple of their players need to think about their challenges and I think they need to strengthen in midfield if they want to challenge for anything by 2020.

On a more positive note - cracking facilities, club and pitch at Helston and a really friendly, knowledgable local crowd of 140 plus. Also great 'cafe' with a good selection of food and nice pint in the bar.

All even between the two teams with one win each (Vase 3-2 to Camelford and League 2-1 to Helston) - all to play for in next league game lol.

Roll on Parkway on Friday?

9 hours ago, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Yes it is, the highest ever score draw in SWPL was 6-6 between Newquay and Hayle in division 1 west. Previously the highest draw in the Premier Division was 4-4.

Several 5-5s in the east.

Should praise be given to Falmouth who levelled from being three goals and then two goals down or be criticised for letting it get that way? Good game for the neutrals but St Austell must be kicking themselves!

7 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Several 5-5s in the east.

Should praise be given to Falmouth who levelled from being three goals and then two goals down or be criticised for letting it get that way? Good game for the neutrals but St Austell must be kicking themselves!

According to twitter- Falmouth had a penalty saved by Chapman and had a disallowed goal when chasing the equalioser late in the game.

Can anyone confirm all the scorers and missed penalty taker?

2 minutes ago, Colin Pengilly said:

No Big Al , it was a great game. Plenty of fast attacking football by both sides well refereed by Mr Annis. It would be better if you came and watched a game or two rather than talking through your backside again

And how do you suggest I get to St Austell and back by public transport for an evening ko. Talking thru your backside again !

What has happened at Callington this season?  They seem to have brought in some good players, notably Luke Rordan from Saltash, he is a real good player and I thought he was a good signing.  I thought he was excellent at Torpoint a few years ago. Also Dan Pethick, who was clinical when he was at Tavistock, but for some reason they have really struggled.  I like to watch Torpoint, Saltash and Callington and I watched the Torpoint V Callington game on Friday and it just seemed like there was no confidence and some of the players looked out of their depth. I heard some of the spectators on Friday saying that they weren't happy with the management.  It sounds like there was a better second half performance yesterday after a dreadful first half.  I hope they can turn it around.

4 hours ago, secretscout said:

What has happened at Callington this season?  They seem to have brought in some good players, notably Luke Rordan from Saltash, he is a real good player and I thought he was a good signing.  I thought he was excellent at Torpoint a few years ago. Also Dan Pethick, who was clinical when he was at Tavistock, but for some reason they have really struggled.  I like to watch Torpoint, Saltash and Callington and I watched the Torpoint V Callington game on Friday and it just seemed like there was no confidence and some of the players looked out of their depth. I heard some of the spectators on Friday saying that they weren't happy with the management.  It sounds like there was a better second half performance yesterday after a dreadful first half.  I hope they can turn it around.

I don’t think anything should be taken away from the Ivybridge First half performance which would Have been sufficient to lead against any team in the league  !!  I thought the number five and the goalkeeper for Callington had very poor games and noticed that the team appears to have lost some of the older heads that they had in the side last year. !  I don’t think Callington played any better in the second half it’s just that Ivybridge had a poor second-half !

I personally think Ivybridge will definitely be in the top half of the table come the end of the season and if Callington don’t make some changes soon they will be in the bottom three.

Callington are an improving club as a whole and it’s nice to see improvements to the ground every time I go there. 

Pastys were awful though ! 

34 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Train for Falmouth leaves from St. Austell at 22.19 arriving in Falmouth just after 23.00. Do able if you want to. Even time for a pint after the 

37 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Train for Falmouth leaves from St. Austell at 22.19 arriving in Falmouth just after 23.00. Do able if you want to. Even time for a pint after the 

:SM_carton:that's the train gaurd blowing his whistle AL .OH DEAR THAT'S ANOTHER EXCUSE BLOWN OUT THE WATER:yahoo: