Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd1

Another club folding!?

Recommended Posts

When I was playing in the seconds. We had a squad of 14/15 every week and probably 12 of us lived in the village and others had connections. I think it’s the same nowadays with the seconds and thirds. But not so much for the first team or the ladies team! The club so incredibly well to field what they do through the hard work and reputation of a few individuals. 

But for other villages is this the case? I live in chacewater now and I don’t see the numbers of younger males around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, St Darren said:

When I was playing in the seconds. We had a squad of 14/15 every week and probably 12 of us lived in the village and others had connections. I think it’s the same nowadays with the seconds and thirds. But not so much for the first team or the ladies team! The club so incredibly well to field what they do through the hard work and reputation of a few individuals. 

But for other villages is this the case? I live in chacewater now and I don’t see the numbers of younger males around 

Quite alot of young males in st agnes. But lets just say most of them are into a different kind of white line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironic that you mention St Agnes Daz, as that seems to be where the majority of Chacewaters good 1st team players of last year are now playing!! Not enough young men in aggie by the look of it. 

Disappointing to see a club with so much history and hard working committee folding, but as everyone has said, a sign of the times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ron Manager said:

Ironic that you mention St Agnes Daz, as that seems to be where the majority of Chacewaters good 1st team players of last year are now playing!! Not enough young men in aggie by the look of it. 

Disappointing to see a club with so much history and hard working committee folding, but as everyone has said, a sign of the times.

Yeah that is true Phil. I think there’s 4 or 5 aren’t there? But unfortunately you can make players play can you. 

Shows I suppose that possibly St Agnes are running out of locals as well!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2017 at 07:12, stevieb said:

Older going around clubs locally more people are thinking the same way , speaking to a customer as a coach his sons team haven't stopped playing all year with tournament football through the summer in the so called off season

Absolutely agree. My son's team trained or played tournaments all through the summer. As much as he was delighted to be playing football, by the time he is 16 will probably have had enough and other 'distractions' may well take precedence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, footienut said:

Absolutely agree. My son's team trained or played tournaments all through the summer. As much as he was delighted to be playing football, by the time he is 16 will probably have had enough and other 'distractions' may well take precedence.

See Mabe folding on another thread , shame .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 20:37, St Darren said:

Yeah that is true Phil. I think there’s 4 or 5 aren’t there? But unfortunately you can make players play can you. 

Shows I suppose that possibly St Agnes are running out of locals as well!!!

I think that there are currently 8 players registered with Aggie now Darren who were registered with Chacewater last season,mostly Reserve Team [players although some are with the Thirds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×