Cornwall Football Forum

BOND TIMBER CORNWALL JUNIOR CUP - 2nd ROUND - Saturday October 28th 2017

20 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

If a player goes to block a shot and is turning away say to protect his face but his hands are away from his body I can see why it’s still got to be given but not a red card. Don’t see why it has to be so black and white. Handball red card off. Accidental handball maybe, - nothing. Just let the refs use common sense. Can see what you’re saying though. I’ll agree to disagree Cos my steak and chips are on the table!!! ??

In this case it is more black and white. If deliberate then penalty and red, if not deliberate then play on!

Enjoy your tea!

Edited by Laws of the Game
Spelling and Grammar request from Elder-Many apologies.

41 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

If a player goes to block a shot and is turning away say to protect his face but his hands are away from his body I can see why it’s still got to be given but not a red card. Don’t see why it has to be so black and white. Handball red card off. Accidental handball maybe, - nothing. Just let the refs use common sense. Can see what you’re saying though. I’ll agree to disagree Cos my steak and chips are on the table!!! ??

Completely agree. Actually think our ref handled it well

Yet again a thread for the JUNIOR CUP has turned in to an opportunity to slate the ref. Personally Jamie Mooney has always been spot in when he's reffed us used common sense and fair to both teams. 

9 hours ago, davegrose said:

Several goals this round,any thoughts on east or west this season as winners?im going for duchy over trelawny,biased as I'm in duchy I no lol

Penwith Exciles in with a shout from Trelawney 

35 minutes ago, Simon2389 said:

Yet again a thread for the JUNIOR CUP has turned in to an opportunity to slate the ref. Personally Jamie Mooney has always been spot in when he's reffed us used common sense and fair to both teams. 

However it was a fellow Referee who started it! ?

5 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

After playing against and being beaten by Mousehole Reserves at the weekend, I would say they have a great shout.  You can see that they are well coached, drilled and have strength in all positions.  My feelings are that they would hold their own in the combo let alone the league above (Trelawney Prem).  Very guilty of not shooting when in great positions and over playing it but recycled play well when their attacks broke down.  

Must also add that the facilities down there now are looking fantastic.  

6 hours ago, GKBH said:

After playing against and being beaten by Mousehole Reserves at the weekend, I would say they have a great shout.  You can see that they are well coached, drilled and have strength in all positions.  My feelings are that they would hold their own in the combo let alone the league above (Trelawney Prem).  Very guilty of not shooting when in great positions and over playing it but recycled play well when their attacks broke down.  

Must also add that the facilities down there now are looking fantastic.  

Guilty of not shooting hopefully someone mentions to there manager they have a player in the 3rds called jowan may....who would shoot and score from anywhere! ?? 

12 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

Still convinced it will b a duchy side winning the cup,but as u no anything can happen in a cup game