Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Dave Deacon

Trelawny League - Saturday October 28th 2017

Recommended Posts

Please feel free to post your results, post-match comments and thoughts

(ALL 2.30pm)

PREMIER DIVISION

Camborne School of Mines       0-0       St Agnes Reserves          

 

DIVISION 1

Hayle Reserves 7-1   Trispen

RNAS Culdrose Reserves       7-4              Newlyn Non-Athletico

                 

DIVISION 2

Falmouth Town 2-9     Mullion Reserves

Four Lanes     P-P            St Day 3rds

Newlyn Lions    6-2              Gwinear Churchtown

Probus  6-2       Redruth United Reserves

Wendron United 3rds     1-2              Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

 

DIVISION 3

Holman SC Reserves      4-1   Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

St Agnes 3rds    0-3            Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

St Erme          4-1              St Buryan Reserves

West Cornwall Reserves      P-P             Carharrack Reserves

                 

DIVISION 4

Constantine Reserves    3-0        Stithians Reserves

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds      2-4            Lizard Argyle Reserves

Mousehole 3rds          8-0       Wendron United 4ths

Perranwell Reserves     P-P          Madron

Troon AFC Reserves      4-4             Praze-an-Beeble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more Referees would be useful, nowhere near enough to go 'round.

Oh goodness, look, there's a Referees course on next month, a chance for all you guys who can't watch a game because there's no official to learn how to get to watch games up close and personal.

If you're about to retire from playing, don't hang up your kit, just change it for a classy black one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be compulsory that each club has to have a qualified referee   who may not want to referee each but if a referee isn't available he then could cover his home team fixture. At least the game would be played. Just a thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wedding280991 said:

Could it be compulsory that each club has to have a qualified referee   who may not want to referee each but if a referee isn't available he then could cover his home team fixture. At least the game would be played. Just a thought

I don’t think it could be made compulsory mate unless the FA were to cover the cost of the course? I’m not sure.

I do think it’s a great idea though - that’s how I first started out doing it. Took the course to ref when I didn’t have a game - ended up enjoying it more than I expected 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's crazy in the bottom division of the league that a team would not be ok with a player/representative of a club reffing a game. If it was a top of the table showdown then definitely understandable but don't think it's the case today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very difficult  with not many refs to cover games on a Saturday , add in during the season ,junior cup , senior cup ,  have in the past when playing / managing stepping in to ref games , I know not ideal  but you get a game  and not a wasted afternoon , perhaps one from each side do a half each  ,  surprising what an offer of a pint and a pasty after a game can get . And maybe a chance for someone to get a taste for the whistle .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Very difficult  with not many refs to cover games on a Saturday , add in during the season ,junior cup , senior cup ,  have in the past when playing / managing stepping in to ref games , I know not ideal  but you get a game  and not a wasted afternoon , perhaps one from each side do a half each  ,  surprising what an offer of a pint and a pasty after a game can get . And maybe a chance for someone to get a taste for the whistle .

I would've happily reffed todays game, if we'd had 11 to start. Done it several times over the years. May not be the best but it would've got the game played and that's surely what it's all about!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a bit different in the Trelawny League during the “Ordered Period” (April and May). In the event of a referee not being allocated to a game, the teams must agree on one between them. Failure to do so results in the game being declared void and the clubs being charged (10.a.iii).

It would be fantastic if the clubs were to have a qualified referee within their ranks so they could take control of a game if necessary. 

There’s a perfect opportunity coming up for clubs to do just that at next months Referee Courses being run in Bodmin and Wendron. Obviously the priority goes to those that are going to referee on a regular basis, but it would be good to get more people through the door to cover this scenario.

Cornwall FA’s Referee Workforce Officer and myself are working hard to try and reduce this shortage. There’s only so much we can do though; we need more people to declare an interest and have a go🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Portreathlegend said:

Perranwell didn't want to play as scared of playing Madron with Madron's new signing ha ha ha 

who have they signed mate? is it u?

4 hours ago, addick1 said:

It's crazy in the bottom division of the league that a team would not be ok with a player/representative of a club reffing a game. If it was a top of the table showdown then definitely understandable but don't think it's the case today. 

to be fair top or bottom league shouldn't make a difference you all pay the same league fees so bottom teams deserve a ref just as much as the top team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Division 3

St Agnes 3rds 0-3 Frogpool Reserves

Not our best performance, but a comfortable one.

 

The defence were solid through out. Our first goal came as a delightful chipped ball from Sam Macwilliam made its way to Jack Froud to tuck home for his tenth of the season.

 

We dominated for large parts but struggled to create an awful lot until the last twenty minutes or so.

 

Aaron Coveney came off the bench with great impact, winning a penalty that Froud cooly put away for his second of the game.

 

Coveney again did well on the left, and some fine link up play with Harry Payne caused all sorts of problems. Payne helps up the ball well and laid off Macwilliam who smashed the ball into the bottom corner in an excellent move.

 

I gave man of the match to Charlie Martin though who dictated the game from start to finish with some great tackles and faultless passes.

 

well refereed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

who have they signed mate? is it u?

to be fair top or bottom league shouldn't make a difference you all pay the same league fees so bottom teams deserve a ref just as much as the top team.

Yes mate made the move 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Asterix said:

Why bundi!? Who’s running Gwinear?

Damon Walters and Tony Howard

I needed a break away from pretending to be a manager and just have a kick about on a Saturday and enjoy the game for my last couple of years I think I can still play for lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, B_D said:

It’s a bit different in the Trelawny League during the “Ordered Period” (April and May). In the event of a referee not being allocated to a game, the teams must agree on one between them. Failure to do so results in the game being declared void and the clubs being charged (10.a.iii).

It would be fantastic if the clubs were to have a qualified referee within their ranks so they could take control of a game if necessary. 

There’s a perfect opportunity coming up for clubs to do just that at next months Referee Courses being run in Bodmin and Wendron. Obviously the priority goes to those that are going to referee on a regular basis, but it would be good to get more people through the door to cover this scenario.

Cornwall FA’s Referee Workforce Officer and myself are working hard to try and reduce this shortage. There’s only so much we can do though; we need more people to declare an interest and have a go🙂

I know you seem to get some flak on the forum but keep up the good work , good to see there are still People behind the scenes trying to help improve the local game , good luck to you in your quest to increase refs in Our local game  .:thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

St Agnes 3rds 0-3 Frogpool Reserves

Not our best performance, but a comfortable one.

 

The defence were solid through out. Our first goal came as a delightful chipped ball from Sam Macwilliam made its way to Jack Froud to tuck home for his tenth of the season.

 

We dominated for large parts but struggled to create an awful lot until the last twenty minutes or so.

 

Aaron Coveney came off the bench with great impact, winning a penalty that Froud cooly put away for his second of the game.

 

Coveney again did well on the left, and some fine link up play with Harry Payne caused all sorts of problems. Payne helps up the ball well and laid off Macwilliam who smashed the ball into the bottom corner in an excellent move.

 

I gave man of the match to Charlie Martin though who dictated the game from start to finish with some great tackles and faultless passes.

 

well refereed

Well done Tempo great start for your team , keep it up ,  are you getting a game though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevieb said:

I know you seem to get some flak on the forum but keep up the good work , good to see there are still People behind the scenes trying to help improve the local game , good luck to you in your quest to increase refs in Our local game  .:thumbsup:

Well done Tempo great start for your team , keep it up ,  are you getting a game though? 

I've made one appearance this season in ten games. Unfortunately the side are too strong at the minute. Ten wins on the bounce and five clean sheets in a row makes for good reading. Long way to go though!

 

i was going to have a run out yesterday, took my coat off to discover I was still wearing my polo not y match shirt 😂

 

I've been filling my boots with Sunday League to make up for it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tempo said:

I've made one appearance this season in ten games. Unfortunately the side are too strong at the minute. Ten wins on the bounce and five clean sheets in a row makes for good reading. Long way to go though!

 

i was going to have a run out yesterday, took my coat off to discover I was still wearing my polo not y match shirt 😂

 

I've been filling my boots with Sunday League to make up for it though.

Well glad you still get to have a kick on a Sunday , and well managed with not putting yourself first on the teamsheet  , we all know managers that will do what is best for themselves and not the team ,. Keep it up perhaps you might come on the radar of some other clubs in the future as an up and coming manager ,  I know you are fully committed to the Pool and loyalty is a great trait sadly lacking in local football , but who knows you might be running a senior team in the future ? Still keep an eye out for how you and team are doing keep up the good work .:smiley20:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Well glad you still get to have a kick on a Sunday , and well managed with not putting yourself first on the teamsheet  , we all know managers that will do what is best for themselves and not the team ,. Keep it up perhaps you might come on the radar of some other clubs in the future as an up and coming manager ,  I know you are fully committed to the Pool and loyalty is a great trait sadly lacking in local football , but who knows you might be running a senior team in the future ? Still keep an eye out for how you and team are doing keep up the good work .:smiley20:

I think that Tempo is planning to manage a senior team; Frogpool!

It's been done before and no reason why they shouldn't be meeting St. Austell and the like as they travel in their opposite directions up and down the leagues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bruegel the Elder said:

I think that Tempo is planning to manage a senior team; Frogpool!

It's been done before and no reason why they shouldn't be meeting St. Austell and the like as they travel in their opposite directions up and down the leagues!

I did think that Elder , but that is why we should respect our Elders ., :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Well glad you still get to have a kick on a Sunday , and well managed with not putting yourself first on the teamsheet  , we all know managers that will do what is best for themselves and not the team ,. Keep it up perhaps you might come on the radar of some other clubs in the future as an up and coming manager ,  I know you are fully committed to the Pool and loyalty is a great trait sadly lacking in local football , but who knows you might be running a senior team in the future ? Still keep an eye out for how you and team are doing keep up the good work .:smiley20:

Thanks guys. I have no intention of going anywhere, but you're right, I'd never say never.

 

i appreciate the kind words from you both and look forward to undoubtedly catching you at some point this season!

 

Completely focused on this season first and foremost - just debating what to do with my Saturday off this weekend. It's a toss up between watching our firsts or Titans vs St Buryan at the minute! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Thanks guys. I have no intention of going anywhere, but you're right, I'd never say never.

 

i appreciate the kind words from you both and look forward to undoubtedly catching you at some point this season!

 

Completely focused on this season first and foremost - just debating what to do with my Saturday off this weekend. It's a toss up between watching our firsts or Titans vs St Buryan at the minute! 

Come on Tempo, they're crying out for Referees on a Saturday, slither into your black Lycra!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Come on Tempo, they're crying out for Referees on a Saturday, slither into your black Lycra!

I'd like to avoid it 😂 During a non-game week I could do with out that 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2017 at 13:24, B_D said:

It’s a bit different in the Trelawny League during the “Ordered Period” (April and May). In the event of a referee not being allocated to a game, the teams must agree on one between them. Failure to do so results in the game being declared void and the clubs being charged (10.a.iii).

It would be fantastic if the clubs were to have a qualified referee within their ranks so they could take control of a game if necessary. 

There’s a perfect opportunity coming up for clubs to do just that at next months Referee Courses being run in Bodmin and Wendron. Obviously the priority goes to those that are going to referee on a regular basis, but it would be good to get more people through the door to cover this scenario.

Cornwall FA’s Referee Workforce Officer and myself are working hard to try and reduce this shortage. There’s only so much we can do though; we need more people to declare an interest and have a go🙂

My only problem with this is we had a game cancelled because of no ref. Even tho two of us are affliated and offered to ref the game the opposing team said no.

Don't think they should be allowed to reject no matter what time in the season it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leehh said:

My only problem with this is we had a game cancelled because of no ref. Even tho two of us are affliated and offered to ref the game the opposing team said no.

Don't think they should be allowed to reject no matter what time in the season it is

If affiliated then they should contact Paul Murphy who can then officially appoint them and no permission is needed.

 

@B_D is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

If affiliated then they should contact Paul Murphy who can then officially appoint them and no permission is needed.

 

@B_D is that correct?

Yeah mate, I've done that before when I played for Titans. If Paul Murphy allocates you to a game, you do it. The teams can't really refuse.

 

41 minutes ago, Leehh said:

My only problem with this is we had a game cancelled because of no ref. Even tho two of us are affliated and offered to ref the game the opposing team said no.

Don't think they should be allowed to reject no matter what time in the season it is

When this happened at a club I was registered to at the time, I phoned Paul and explained that I would take the game on as a registered referee. I was allocated to the game within a few minutes.

From a League perspective, teams can't refuse a referee in the ordered period (like I said earlier). There are consequences if they were too.

@Trelawny Secretary will be emailing all of the clubs by the beginning of February to ask if there are any rule changes that they would like to see implemented into the League Rules. If this is one you fell strongly about, your club can email it over to us for consideration at the AGM (or SGM if applicable). Obviously we have to go through the process as laid down in Trelawny Rule 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2017 at 08:18, Foot Loose 1 said:

Goonhavern 3rds 2 v Lizard Argyle 4

Many thanks to the Lizard official who refereed this game as we had no referee, and enabled the game to be played.

Lots of talk this weekend about lack of available referees so thank you to the Goonhavern boys for accepting our offer to provide a ref in the shape of Dave Bullard, our club football secretary. I think we all agree he looked resplendent in his vintage refs kit (Circa 1992) kept on top of the wardrobe for just such an eventuality. He didn't do a bad job either to be fair and the game was played in great spirit. Thanks again fellas, and thanks for the hospitality after - top nosh.

My own view on the referee issue is that both teams should cooperate and get the game on if there is no allocated ref available. Do half each or agree on one official for the whole match, it doesn't matter - let's play football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Leehh said:

My only problem with this is we had a game cancelled because of no ref. Even tho two of us are affliated and offered to ref the game the opposing team said no.

Don't think they should be allowed to reject no matter what time in the season it is

I agree with you Leehh completely on this matter. If Quality refs like you are available...why not use you ? Seems silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so then that would mean that madron should get the win from there game as the weather was not bad so pitch was playable and 2 players even offered to ref - i am sayin this as i no that madron called of a game without the bad weather an got fined and the other team had the 3 points just putting it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bornfighter78 said:

so then that would mean that madron should get the win from there game as the weather was not bad so pitch was playable and 2 players even offered to ref - i am sayin this as i no that madron called of a game without the bad weather an got fined and the other team had the 3 points just putting it out there.

The occasion you are talking about is back in September when Madron were unable to raise a side against Wendron United Fourths. Madron conceded the game (points awarded to Wendron) and they were fined, correct.

Unfortunately, the game this weekend at Perranwell Reserves was postponed due to no referee being appointed by Cornwall FA. Both teams are well within their rights to decline the offer of a volunteer to step in and take the whistle as the League rules permit this outside of the ordered period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Div 4 

Troon 4 praze 4 

End to end stuff both teams had a few chances.. overall the troon keeper was more worked..late penalty appeals turned away for both sides.. praze a good bunch and very hard working side good to see them back up and running.personally see them as favourites to win the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Green Matador said:

I agree with you Leehh completely on this matter. If Quality refs like you are available...why not use you ? Seems silly.

Ex manager ladies and gentleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×