Holsworthy   0,  Wadebridge   0
Ludgvan   3,  Illogan RBL   2
Penzance   3,  Porthleven   2
Plymstock   3,  Mousehole   3
St Blazey   5,  Dobwalls   1
St Dennis   7,  Bude Town   6
Wendron    4,  Elburton Villa   2

DEVON PREMIER CUP 3RD RD (2.00PM)
Newton St Cyres   3,  Ilfracombe   7 (aet)

1 hour ago, cornishrambler said:

Well i've got to say, Bodmin have one of the poorest teams ive seem them have for a few years! They look so uninspiring, dont seem to offer a great deal going forward.

Parkway will be looking forward to extending there run comfortably in the next round of the Vase

Watched this one and Bodmin should have been out of sights half time  but full credit to Swanage for having a go in the second half .Wether it was because we  haven’t played enough games lately or lack of confidence don’t know but basic things like passing to each other and ball control was so wayward today .Yes it wasn’t pretty but the result is what it’s all about today 

Brilliant game for the neutral at st Dennis,7-6 thriller with the home team probably deserving it on the way they played 2nd half,shame there weren't more there to watch a goal fest,tactical change by stand in manager lee ricks paid off well n Scott brown made the difference wen he came on n he capped a decent half with a strike from outside the box,chris brown,mikey Davies x 2,Carl ricks,Jaffa Rowe n a scorcher from doodle beresford were the others,think billy hop croft had budes goals 1 was a rocket that nearly broke the goal

Tavistock 4 v 2 Camelford

Not an away trip to look forward to, against a very strong and good footballing Tavistock team, who have scored 60 goals and only conceded 5 in their previous 10 league games - however was made slightly more interesting by Camelford taking Tavistock to the wire in their recent FA Vase match. Camelford were also not helped by missing, Hopkinson, Boxall, Haynes and Green, coupled with their keeper Gwilliam representing the County U18 and Sleep attempting a return from a broken collar bone - so several players playing out of position.

First half, Tavistock were very impressive and payed some lovely football, switching the ball and attacking with real fluency - they controlled the middle of the park and both wingers looked excellent. Having taken a lead in the first 25, Tavistock pressed to  take control of the game, however Camelford looked dangerous on the break and were awarded a penalty for a blatant last man / goal scoring opportunity foul (I know the double jeapody rule, even so good red card call, however the ref chose to not even issue a yellow). Unfortunately Camelfords usual penalty scorer took his worse penalty for several years - score still 1-0 and within 10 minutes 3-0 to Tavistock and a fourth followed shortly before half time - game over.

For all of Tavistocks skill and play, two of their first half goals were one direct from a corner which was missed by the Camelford defence and one from the keeper claiming an uncontested ball and missing it, falling to the only Tavvy player in the box.

Second half was as if two different teams were playing, Camelford having made two defensive substitutions, with pace and their young midfielders playing Tavistock off the park. Two goals (Hambly and Cowling) by Camelford made the game much more interesting and Camelford missed several other chances to really question Tavistock - a team who are great when allowed to play, but totally different when put under pressure. A 'moral' second half victory for the Camels and of the 9 goals conceded across all completions in 12 games - 4 have been by the Camels with 3 by Cowling.

Game finished 4-2 and the better team won, however Tavistock are not a team to be 'feared' and at least their manager was not a smug at the end of the game.

Watched Bodmin today, thought they always looked like winning to be honest ? couldn’t see Swanage scoring until that strike out the blue and I always thought Bodmin could up it a gear at anytime and go on and win it. Great to see Brokes get the winner and Slates make an appearance late on after all his bad luck with injury. Wouldn’t dismiss them, they’re good enough to match Parkway and Gilbey will have them fired up for that one without a doubt. Ashy and Simmo are still as solid as any pairing around and they’ve got plenty of goals in them. Bit of a disappointing crowd of about 120 but I suppose good to see Truro get 600+ today ahead of their FA cup tie in a couple weeks. 

7 hours ago, digger1000 said:

Love seeing Bodmin representing cornwall

flagship cornishclub

Well done to Bodmin, it's definitely good to have Cornish clubs progress in national competition, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If Cornwall has a flagship club it is undoubtedly Truro, four leagues up and in the first round of the FA Cup.

Perhaps if Bodmin were to show real ambition and take a promotion they could join Truro as a flagship club?

5 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Well done to Bodmin, it's definitely good to have Cornish clubs progress in national competition, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If Cornwall has a flagship club it is undoubtedly Truro, four leagues up and in the first round of the FA Cup.

Perhaps if Bodmin were to show real ambition and take a promotion they could join Truro as a flagship club?

Takes a lot of bank rolling SteveM, look at how much Kevin Heaney pumped in just to lay the foundations at Truro 10 years ago...then you have to sustain it

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Don't rise to it Beacon....we won 2-1 ... more money in the bank :thumbsup:

What happened at Poltair...those lads are regularly 'pulling up their pants' these days, getting beat most weeks!

Just shows big bucks doesn't always buy success :ph34r: :yahoo:

St awful going backward quicker than a sports car in reverse Leeds lol

Sticker 0- Saltash 3

Saltash although worthy winners , were flattered by a 3 - 0 scoreline.        Sticker MUST show more composure when in scoring positions, their fast forwards  on several occasions over the last few games, have had only the goalkeeper to beat when panic sets in and the shots are blazed  high and wide.   There is no need to try and break the net, placement is far more important.  We have said before that Sticker are on a learning curve in this league, now perhaps it's time for them to show that they are learning.  The current team in our humble opinion, is still capable of finishing at least mid table once they sort themselves out. Good luck in that respect!!

36 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Leeds do u only comment when bodmin win i for one would be interested to hear your opinion on the thread allegedly started by bodmin regarding your moronic opinions on here 

Not “allegedly” - I can confirm the post was definitely made on behalf of Bodmin Town FC

St Blazey 5v1 Dobwalls

http://www.stblazeyafc.co.uk/fixture/st-blazey-v-dobwalls/

Another win and the feel good factor returning to the club which is great to see. Match report pics and video of a couple chances during the game. 

A crowd of over 70 odd with several more watching from the snooker room. Not bad considering Dobwalls had little support and Argyle Truro Bodmin St Austell Sticker and St Dennis all at home so little chance of floating support. 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

What was Moronic about my post Herbie..?? Intrigued?

Nothing moronic about one actual post just everthing u say particularly regarding st austell and st blazey. I have answered your question now its time 2 tell me your opinions on the thread started about u by bodmin please

39 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

Nothing moronic about one actual post just everthing u say particularly regarding st austell and st blazey. I have answered your question now its time 2 tell me your opinions on the thread started about u by bodmin please

12 minutes ago, silly billy said:

I think it was more of an embarrassment to Bodmin fc. You have to admit most of the utter tripe you talk is fabricated bullshit 

You should have noticed by now, this (sub)human thrives on insults, you're just feeding his ego!

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Dave, Can you say the same about the post, on the same thread, from "Personal Aide to the Queen" sic?

Still awaiting to hear back from Her Majesty! :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

This is getting boring now chaps, surely this thread is about yesterdays games and not personal attacks, just my opinion of course. :SM_carton_y:

Looks like title is between Parkway and Tavistock surely after they both win! 

24 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Great to see Leeds Utd congratulating Blazey and Newquay on their good runs of form after spending most of last season slagging both clubs off!! ........oh no he didn’t. Just comes on when Bodmin wins. Bet you won’t hear a dickie bird for a couple weeks after the Parkway game!

Surprised your on here Champ after your recent slump in Form .... 

Gave it the big one after the first few games...then reality set in .... 

Now I have congratulated both Danny O & St.Blazey ( I only said the Standard was poor ) now IF they get promotion I will be the first to say well done to them, but you can't do to much congratulating until May when the league is complete. 

Again, I congratulated Danny O on their recent good run ( up until there last two defeats )

I'm flattered by all the attention....but lets move on & talk about Parkways fine start continuing, Or Falmouth's good start, or St.Austell losing more games in the last two months than the last two years .... or my second favourite 'Senior' team Liskeard going well in the West....come on..lots more to talk about than my opinions....? They only get peoples backs up as usually I state a fact which people don't like to cover their downfalls :ninja:

6 hours ago, digger1000 said:

Just a quick genuine question 

what are the youth sections like at Bodmin,st.austell,parkway,tavvy,Saltash etc

At Parkway there is a thriving, active Academy - covering skills coaching for 4 year olds thru to youth teams (boys and girls)  from 7s to 12s.  Very hard working and dedicated coaches under the leadership of Dave Clarke and Mark Blackwell.

Guys - games involving 10 Cornish Prem teams and 11 West teams and yet out of 32 posts only 5 match reports featuring Camels, Sticker/Saltash, St Blazey/ Dobwalls, St Dennis/Bude and a bit about Bodmin game!!!

We all have teams we like but personally I would like to hear how all the team did - not just having a pop at each other?

21 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Watched Bodmin today, thought they always looked like winning to be honest ? couldn’t see Swanage scoring until that strike out the blue and I always thought Bodmin could up it a gear at anytime and go on and win it. Great to see Brokes get the winner and Slates make an appearance late on after all his bad luck with injury. Wouldn’t dismiss them, they’re good enough to match Parkway and Gilbey will have them fired up for that one without a doubt. Ashy and Simmo are still as solid as any pairing around and they’ve got plenty of goals in them. Bit of a disappointing crowd of about 120 but I suppose good to see Truro get 600+ today ahead of their FA cup tie in a couple weeks. 

Did you actually go to the game? Bodmin were well on top in the first half, but after the break, apart from the goal and the big lad Carter hitting the post, they didn't have a sniff and the home 'keeper Draper made three excellent saves.

Swanage can count themselves very unfortunate not to at least force extra-time, if not win the game outright in the 90.

If it was that routine a you say, then why did the Bodmin manager keep his players out on the pitch after the game and deliver one of the most embarrassing rollickings I've ever seen? For at least ten minutes Mr Gilbert ranted, raved and swore about this that and the other - no wonder Bodmin looked devoid of any spirit an cohesion throughout the game.

After the game in the clubhouse, the players hardly spoke a word to each other and Gilbert was trying to sign a player, he gave him the forms and he subsequently went and at down with the Swanage players thinking they were his proposed new team mates!

On the evidence of yesterday, I can't see anything other than a routine Parkway win in the next round.

22 minutes ago, Gareth Davies said:

Did you actually go to the game? Bodmin were well on top in the first half, but after the break, apart from the goal and the big lad Carter hitting the post, they didn't have a sniff and the home 'keeper Draper made three excellent saves.

Swanage can count themselves very unfortunate not to at least force extra-time, if not win the game outright in the 90.

If it was that routine a you say, then why did the Bodmin manager keep his players out on the pitch after the game and deliver one of the most embarrassing rollickings I've ever seen? For at least ten minutes Mr Gilbert ranted, raved and swore about this that and the other - no wonder Bodmin looked devoid of any spirit an cohesion throughout the game.

After the game in the clubhouse, the players hardly spoke a word to each other and Gilbert was trying to sign a player, he gave him the forms and he subsequently went and at down with the Swanage players thinking they were his proposed new team mates!

On the evidence of yesterday, I can't see anything other than a routine Parkway win in the next round.

When your playing Away against a side who has Won their opening 14 games consecutive there will be no pressure on Bodmin! The club have done exceptionally well this season financially in these FA competitions, picking up a few pennies a long the way & already banked ..... happy days from our point of view! :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

When your playing Away against a side who has Won their opening 14 games consecutive there will be no pressure on Bodmin! The club have done exceptionally well this season financially in these FA competitions, picking up a few pennies a long the way & already banked ..... happy days from our point of view! :thumbsup:

Naturally, Swanage have done very well out of it too, but if you watched the game yesterday, then it's hard to see anything other than a Parkway win and more worryingly things don't exactly look rosy for the League campaign either given the dreadful body language from the players at times and humiliating way the manager treated his players at full-time. 

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

You wicked man Davegrose .... If that was me who said that I would of been crucified !! Shows 'Big' Phillip Laffernty can't manage the side from the Britannia Inn public house :ph34r:

Think it's clear for all to see that things ain't goin right,laffs walked for a reason same as the nanks n chappers,maybe they weren't enjoying it or maybe there were other reasons behind their decisions to leave,I don't play there so I can't say but since they had a really good run in the vase they seem to have gone backwards,leaner n wets leaving didn't help either as they were 2 of their decent defenders as well,any one from st Austell care to cast their opinion or no?

On 10/29/2017 at 08:31, We Two said:

Sticker 0- Saltash 3

Saltash although worthy winners , were flattered by a 3 - 0 scoreline.        Sticker MUST show more composure when in scoring positions, their fast forwards  on several occasions over the last few games, have had only the goalkeeper to beat when panic sets in and the shots are blazed  high and wide.   There is no need to try and break the net, placement is far more important.  We have said before that Sticker are on a learning curve in this league, now perhaps it's time for them to show that they are learning.  The current team in our humble opinion, is still capable of finishing at least mid table once they sort themselves out. Good luck in that respect!!

Equelly you could say 3-0 flattered Sticker.  I saw on Kevin Marriott's twitter that Saltash had 9 first team players missing and filled the gaps with 2nd and 3rd team players, plus a 5 minute cameo from Matt Cusack. Therefore i dont think its unreasonable to suggest the scoreline would have been greater had a full strength Saltash visted you on Saturday.  

27 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Equelly you could say 3-0 flattered Sticker.  I saw on Kevin Marriott's twitter that Saltash had 9 first team players missing and filled the gaps with 2nd and 3rd team players, plus a 5 minute cameo from Matt Cusack. Therefore i dont think its unreasonable to suggest the scoreline would have been greater had a full strength Saltash visted you on Saturday.  

9 out! Blimey, that's alot missing. Sticker caught you at the right time it seems!!

1 hour ago, Hetty said:

Equelly you could say 3-0 flattered Sticker

As stated Saltash were worthy winners, but on the day even if they were playing with eleven 3rd team players, they were flattered by the 3-0 scoreline.
Sticker have a way to go, but we feel that they will improve.   Maybe it should be remembered that  Sticker are a tiny Mid Cornwall village with a population around the 1200 mark, and have excelled in achieving their status in the S.W.P.L. having started their present journey in the now defunct St Austell and District league and the Duchy League 50 years ago according to their history write up on their website.
We are proud to support the club who year on year raise thousands of pounds for charity and probably will not / cannot, afford to line the pockets of the mercenaries who play for the money and not for the love of the game.

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Yes. Well done Saltash. 9 is a lot of players to be missing at one time

9 at one time is incredible... is it known whether it was down to injuries/work/suspensions etc or was it a wedding or something?

full credit to the management staff that were able to fulfil the fixture and take the 3 points!

Yeah I think I said I went to the game, so yeah I was actually there. Just my opinion Gareth Davies. I don’t really obviously know much about local football and bow to your greater knowledge by the sounds of it! Could have swore I saw Bodmin hit the post a couple times as well but sounds like they were outplayed! Maybe that bit was when I was getting a cup of tea? I’ll just have to look forward to hearing about Parkway beating Bodmin about 6 or 7-0 then by the sounds of it? Shame I was going to go thinking it might be a close game but might not bother now seeing Bodmin are that bad and Parkway that good.