DIVISION ONE EAST
Axminster Town   1,  Teignmouth   3

DIVISION ONE WEST
Plymouth Marjon   1,  Dobwalls   5

WALTER C PARSON CUP 2ND ROUND
Newton Abbot Spurs   3,  Plymstock United   2

Plymouth Marjon 1 Dobwalls 5

Dobwalls are having some weird results.

They lost 4 nil to mousehole who are near the bottom of the league, now the beat Marjons convincingly who are 5th.

What is going on? Changes in personnel on the playing front or just a lack of consistency?

Hopefully I will get up to see a game before xmas and see for myself.

Well done to Helston, was following this game on Twitter, at 2-0 down would of expected any side to of 'shut up shop' but 3 quick fire goals got Helston the points. Can I also mention how great the images of the changing facilities are down their now, some real time & investment gone in to, looks cracking. A club on the up no doubt

No surprise to see you saying that Leeds!! Don't hear from you when we came away from Exmouth on sat with a win when going down to 9 men 2 mins into the second half!! And as for the changing rooms at Helston the home team fantastic but the away changing rooms are like going back to the dark ages!! Horrendous!! But you won't hear us moan about the result game of 2 halfs!! But will say the ref was poor so many cards in a game where there were no horrible tackles!! See you in a couple weeks Leeds you won't have it as easy as last season!! Be good to see everyone at my old club Bodmin!! ?⚽️?

20 minutes ago, Danny O said:

No surprise to see you saying that Leeds!! Don't hear from you when we came away from Exmouth on sat with a win when going down to 9 men 2 mins into the second half!! And as for the changing rooms at Helston the home team fantastic but the away changing rooms are like going back to the dark ages!! Horrendous!! But you won't hear us moan about the result game of 2 halfs!! But will say the ref was poor so many cards in a game where there were no horrible tackles!! See you in a couple weeks Leeds you won't have it as easy as last season!! Be good to see everyone at my old club Bodmin!! ?⚽️?

Newquay were poor in the 2nd half, and were lucky a late lunge didnt result in a straight red, let alone the disgusting language by your 'captain' towards the referee all night which resulted in a yellow card and could of easily seen a 2nd yellow / straight red for repeated language which the man in black just aloud him to hurl at him! and the old linesman might i add took a hell of a mouthful all evening! the old No 9 upfront for Newquay was a passenger all evening, the Captain over playing everything, and the tall No 4 at the back got caught out trying to skin every Helston player in sight only to be caught out almost everytime!

Helston were well below par in the first half and rode their luck early doors with the home keeper (reserve keeper normally?) struggling to kick the ball more than the 18 yard line! and will feel the two newquay goals came from no where really. credit to them though in the 2nd half and they took the game to Newquay scoring twice in 5 minutes straight from corners (again keeper for them was poor). the winner came from a dubious offside decision that was never given, but they certainly deserved the 3 points.

Helston supporter by any chance!! You must of been watching a different game than the one I was playing in!! Steve and I had a good chat after the game and both agreed the ref was poor!! And take it you didn't hear the Heston players saying to go for tornado's knee after a late tackle from a Helston player in the first half! But then again fans only hear and see what they want to!! But you were right Helston were poor first half and we should of scored more and the second half we were poor!! But yet again the game was won on a wrong call by the official's!! 

The wind at Helston was also a major factor. The 2 goals Helston scored from corners (expertly delivered) were poorly defended in a very crowded area. I know the Newquay players have been "advised" to keep quiet but boys will be boys. Unfortunately very near the bottom of the discipline league table. But think back 12 months. Lots of progress and thank you to everyone who has made it happen.

I watched Tuesday evening & have to say the Ref didn't have a brilliant game but gave what he could see. Agree Newquay better side slightly first half although if I’m honest poor goals to concede which is Helston’s downfall and has been so far this season in games. Si James is defo not a regular supporter Dan if he thinks Barry is the reserve keeper ?? ( Barry will love that) he’s clearly seen him playing for the Reserves in the last few weeks when the 1st team haven’t played. Nice to see Dan O picking up the young lad Kai from Helston after a great tackle by him with just minutes remaining ( gentleman) three on the bounce for Helston and an away trip to the leaders this sat. Tough game be nice to see them compete ( ps agree with baldy great corners taken that’s 4 like that this season)  ?? glad I’m not biased?Just a mention to both Harries from Newquay as well well done lads great stuff??

On 25/10/2017 at 14:18, Danny O said:

We even gave the away changing rooms a lick of paint for you!