Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Draw taking place tomorrow at CCFA head quarters, Bodmin always get an away draw, behind closed doors as well......not holding out hope of a good draw..

Perhaps the CCFA just want the game played on the appointed day.

10 hours ago, bighairydave said:

I think its being drawn live on Facebook as it wasn't drawn live on Saturday.

So what is the name of this Facebook page/group? Tried CCFC and Cornwall County Football Association but neither of those seems correct.

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup Second Round draw
To be played 2nd December 

Bodmin Town v Lanreath
Millbrook v Perranporth
Falmouth Town v Hayle 
Launceston v Liskeard Athletic 
Bude Town v Goonhavern Athletic
Newquay v Wendron United
AFC St Austell v Dobwalls
St Ives Town v Camelford
Mousehole v RNAS Culdrose
Torpoint Athletic v St Blazey
Carharrack v Pendeen Rovers
St Dennis v St Stephens Borough
Illogan RBL v Penzance
Saltash United v Mevagissey
Callington Town v West Cornwall
Porthleven v Sticker

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup Second Round draw
To be played 2nd December 

Bodmin Town v Lanreath
Millbrook v Perranporth
Falmouth Town v Hayle 
Launceston v Liskeard Athletic 
Bude Town v Goonhavern Athletic
Newquay v Wendron United
AFC St Austell v Dobwalls
St Ives Town v Camelford
Mousehole v RNAS Culdrose
Torpoint Athletic v St Blazey
Carharrack v Pendeen Rovers
St Dennis v St Stephens Borough
Illogan RBL v Penzance
Saltash United v Mevagissey
Callington Town v West Cornwall
Porthleven v Sticker

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1623132307706956&id=335804306439769&locale2=en_GB&__tn__=*W-R

15 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Many! But look at our cup draws in all competitions over the last few seasons we always seem to have away ties

So the draw cannot be fixed looking at how many times you have been in the final

i will tell you this one more time,you are hated because you are successful.

football fans don’t hate Blackburn bcoz they won the league once....they hate Man Utd coz they’ve won it lots....it’s very simple but one thinks you don’t seem to understand !!

38 minutes ago, digger1000 said:

So the draw cannot be fixed looking at how many times you have been in the final

i will tell you this one more time,you are hated because you are successful.

football fans don’t hate Blackburn bcoz they won the league once....they hate Man Utd coz they’ve won it lots....it’s very simple but one thinks you don’t seem to understand !!

Digger1000.....are you suggesting that people are envious of Bodmin & as in previous seasons they can't beat us on the pitch so they harp on about money & knocking us at every attempt via social media etc because we usually beat their respective teams?? 

Would people really do that, are they that jealous? Lots of clubs have spent big & won nothing or very little over the years, same culprits usually, then they deny paying out, to hide their shortfalls. I even know of at least 3 clubs in the Swpl West that are paying good money & are not even in the top two of the league, I mean how ridiculous :yahoo:

People go on about promotion, but did St.Austell take it? Or Tavi?? I rest my case!

29 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Digger1000.....are you suggesting that people are envious of Bodmin & as in previous seasons they can't beat us on the pitch so they harp on about money & knocking us at every attempt via social media etc because we usually beat their respective teams?? 

Would people really do that, are they that jealous? Lots of clubs have spent big & won nothing or very little over the years, same culprits usually, then they deny paying out, to hide their shortfalls. I even know of at least 3 clubs in the Swpl West that are paying good money & are not even in the top two of the league, I mean how ridiculous :yahoo:

People go on about promotion, but did St.Austell take it? Or Tavi?? I rest my case!

name and shame the big spending failures?

16 minutes ago, SCFC said:

name and shame the big spending failures?

No no! I am not naming & shaming, that's not my point/objective! What I am implying is that we have been moaned at for years about spending...but at least we win things....most clubs spunk a fortune to win nothing! My point about the West is even sides in that league are spending & the ones I know of are not even in the top two

10 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

No no! I am not naming & shaming, that's not my point/objective! What I am implying is that we have been moaned at for years about spending...but at least we win things....most clubs spunk a fortune to win nothing! My point about the West is even sides in that league are spending & the ones I know of are not even in the top two

dont really see why people moan about teams spending, obviously some spend more than others but everyone in the prem & 90% of the teams in the west are spending - some more serious than others admittedly when realistically only a handful will gain a trophy/promotion or whatever.

If Parkway want to spend big to win the league (potentially more and more than likely at this rate) then why not if you've got the financial backing to do so?

20 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Draw taking place tomorrow at CCFA head quarters, Bodmin always get an away draw, behind closed doors as well......not holding out hope of a good draw..

I was to understand that their closed doors policy no lingered existed. The same old ccfa - just do not like to do anything in the public eye !

20 hours ago, leedsunited said:

15 minutes ago, hoppit said:

Why would it be in anybody's interest to fix anything to do with Cornish football? Absolutely ridiculous. Camelford cup fixtures this year, Helston  H  then Tavi A  Wendron A then Mousehole A now St Ives A just luck of the draw nothing more nothing less.

Just because someone dreams something it doesn’t make it true statement!!

1 hour ago, hoppit said:

Why would it be in anybody's interest to fix anything to do with Cornish football? Absolutely ridiculous. Camelford cup fixtures this year, Helston  H  then Tavi A  Wendron A then Mousehole A now St Ives A just luck of the draw nothing more nothing less.

really !

The Cudmore brothers did it this time, however perhaps we could suggest to the Cornwall FA the next two to do the Third Round draw.

They would have to be two very concerned and passionate lovers of football in Cornwall. 

I’m going with definitely Big Al - it would be his chance too to have a chat with them.

To accompany him? Currently between leedsunited (so that he could verify no shenanigans going on with their balls) or Bruegel the Elder as this months most Popular Contributor. He’s currently posted twice as many times as his nearest contender (stevieb). :c:

48 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Admittedly not a nominee for a  BAFTA Television Award, but a step in the right direction.

haha, very well put Mr Deacon. Certainly a step in the right direction.... Ever fancied getting involved yourself? (i apologise if you already are) would certainly improve the technological side of things and would be an improvement all round.

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The Cudmore brothers did it this time, however perhaps we could suggest to the Cornwall FA the next two to do the Third Round draw.

They would have to be two very concerned and passionate lovers of football in Cornwall. 

I’m going with definitely Big Al - it would be his chance too to have a chat with them.

To accompany him? Currently between leedsunited (so that he could verify no shenanigans going on with their balls) or Bruegel the Elder as this months most Popular Contributor. He’s currently posted twice as many times as his nearest contender (stevieb). :c:

Oh what a (potential) honour, I thank you, I thank you, I thank you! Although I feel that I would have to defer to the other two. It would have to be outdoors though, I don't think there's a building in Cornwall big enough to accommodate that pair of egos! 

There are besides, those far more worthy than I. Theolderigetthelouderishout far outstrips me, as holder of the "year" and "all time" records, and the evergreen RAPPO a consistent contributor and all round poster (boy) of all things football in the County.

Do bring it in dear C.C.F.A., it would certainly liven things up and the (match) reports would be stunning!

1 minute ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Oh what a (potential) honour, I thank you, I thank you, I thank you! Although I feel that I would have to defer to the other two. It would have to be outdoors though, I don't think there's a building in Cornwall big enough to accommodate that pair of egos! 

There are besides, those far more worthy than I. Theolderigetthelouderishout far outstrips me, as holder of the "year" and "all time" records, and the evergreen RAPPO a consistent contributor and all round poster (boy) of all things football in the County.

Do bring it in dear C.C.F.A., it would certainly liven things up and the (match) reports would be stunning!

Credit given where credit is due Bruegel. Despite Storm Brian, you've not been blown away from doing your bit to keep this forum going recently and on current form you deserve the accolade and acknowledgement.

The Older wouldn't be allowed in County HQ for fear of dropping fag ash on the carpet, and as for Rappo - well he's already done it, and on more than one occasion, so surely someone else for a change deserves a chance! :thumbsup:

???3️⃣

Bruegel the Elder reacted to this

10 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

LMFAO ?

I’m definitely more “all round” than a poster boy these days Bruegel!! Like Dave says I’ve done it a few times now with my old mate Tommy Matthews, great fun!! Good to see the County FA doing the draw live these days, you should have a go, nice to see different faces involved ?⚽️

11 minutes ago, cornishrambler said:

How about the CCFA attend a different game each round and ask the 2 captains of the playing sides or a nominated player from each side to do the draw after the game.

An excellent idea but too straightforward for the dictatorial fa although the rep. would be able to have free entry to the game !