Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Draw taking place tomorrow at CCFA head quarters, Bodmin always get an away draw, behind closed doors as well......not holding out hope of a good draw..

I think its being drawn live on Facebook as it wasn't drawn live on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, digger1000 said:

Leeds how many times have Bodmin been in the final in the last 20 years?

Many! But look at our cup draws in all competitions over the last few seasons we always seem to have away ties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Draw taking place tomorrow at CCFA head quarters, Bodmin always get an away draw, behind closed doors as well......not holding out hope of a good draw..

Perhaps the CCFA just want the game played on the appointed day.

10 hours ago, bighairydave said:

I think its being drawn live on Facebook as it wasn't drawn live on Saturday.

So what is the name of this Facebook page/group? Tried CCFC and Cornwall County Football Association but neither of those seems correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup Second Round draw
To be played 2nd December 

Bodmin Town v Lanreath
Millbrook v Perranporth
Falmouth Town v Hayle 
Launceston v Liskeard Athletic 
Bude Town v Goonhavern Athletic
Newquay v Wendron United
AFC St Austell v Dobwalls
St Ives Town v Camelford
Mousehole v RNAS Culdrose
Torpoint Athletic v St Blazey
Carharrack v Pendeen Rovers
St Dennis v St Stephens Borough
Illogan RBL v Penzance
Saltash United v Mevagissey
Callington Town v West Cornwall
Porthleven v Sticker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

RGB Cornwall Senior Cup Second Round draw
To be played 2nd December 

Bodmin Town v Lanreath
Millbrook v Perranporth
Falmouth Town v Hayle 
Launceston v Liskeard Athletic 
Bude Town v Goonhavern Athletic
Newquay v Wendron United
AFC St Austell v Dobwalls
St Ives Town v Camelford
Mousehole v RNAS Culdrose
Torpoint Athletic v St Blazey
Carharrack v Pendeen Rovers
St Dennis v St Stephens Borough
Illogan RBL v Penzance
Saltash United v Mevagissey
Callington Town v West Cornwall
Porthleven v Sticker

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1623132307706956&id=335804306439769&locale2=en_GB&__tn__=*W-R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, baldy said:

Good draw for the Premier sides. 8 at home, 2 away and all against lower ranked sides.

Oh and Bodmin seem to have a home tie.

its amazing what a bit on moaning can do pre draw #warmballs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Many! But look at our cup draws in all competitions over the last few seasons we always seem to have away ties

So the draw cannot be fixed looking at how many times you have been in the final

i will tell you this one more time,you are hated because you are successful.

football fans don’t hate Blackburn bcoz they won the league once....they hate Man Utd coz they’ve won it lots....it’s very simple but one thinks you don’t seem to understand !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, digger1000 said:

So the draw cannot be fixed looking at how many times you have been in the final

i will tell you this one more time,you are hated because you are successful.

football fans don’t hate Blackburn bcoz they won the league once....they hate Man Utd coz they’ve won it lots....it’s very simple but one thinks you don’t seem to understand !!

Digger1000.....are you suggesting that people are envious of Bodmin & as in previous seasons they can't beat us on the pitch so they harp on about money & knocking us at every attempt via social media etc because we usually beat their respective teams?? 

Would people really do that, are they that jealous? Lots of clubs have spent big & won nothing or very little over the years, same culprits usually, then they deny paying out, to hide their shortfalls. I even know of at least 3 clubs in the Swpl West that are paying good money & are not even in the top two of the league, I mean how ridiculous :yahoo:

People go on about promotion, but did St.Austell take it? Or Tavi?? I rest my case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Digger1000.....are you suggesting that people are envious of Bodmin & as in previous seasons they can't beat us on the pitch so they harp on about money & knocking us at every attempt via social media etc because we usually beat their respective teams?? 

Would people really do that, are they that jealous? Lots of clubs have spent big & won nothing or very little over the years, same culprits usually, then they deny paying out, to hide their shortfalls. I even know of at least 3 clubs in the Swpl West that are paying good money & are not even in the top two of the league, I mean how ridiculous :yahoo:

People go on about promotion, but did St.Austell take it? Or Tavi?? I rest my case!

name and shame the big spending failures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SCFC said:

name and shame the big spending failures?

No no! I am not naming & shaming, that's not my point/objective! What I am implying is that we have been moaned at for years about spending...but at least we win things....most clubs spunk a fortune to win nothing! My point about the West is even sides in that league are spending & the ones I know of are not even in the top two

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

No no! I am not naming & shaming, that's not my point/objective! What I am implying is that we have been moaned at for years about spending...but at least we win things....most clubs spunk a fortune to win nothing! My point about the West is even sides in that league are spending & the ones I know of are not even in the top two

dont really see why people moan about teams spending, obviously some spend more than others but everyone in the prem & 90% of the teams in the west are spending - some more serious than others admittedly when realistically only a handful will gain a trophy/promotion or whatever.

If Parkway want to spend big to win the league (potentially more and more than likely at this rate) then why not if you've got the financial backing to do so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what topic gets raised on here it always gets turned to clubs paying out money. This topic started out as a dig at the CCFA doing the draw behind closed doors. Now we are again discussing players payments. Give it a rest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Draw taking place tomorrow at CCFA head quarters, Bodmin always get an away draw, behind closed doors as well......not holding out hope of a good draw..

I was to understand that their closed doors policy no lingered existed. The same old ccfa - just do not like to do anything in the public eye !

 

20 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Draw taking place tomorrow at CCFA head quarters, Bodmin always get an away draw, behind closed doors as well......not holding out hope of a good draw..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was repeating what's Leeds said. Not my thought as I have a friend on CCFA. My comment was always topics returning 2 money. A reply 2 that I wouldn't mind, you should have shot Leeds down when he first mentioned it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

How can it be "behind closed doors" when it's live on Facebook?

CCFA using facebook - unbelievable always imagined they had never realised the telephone was invented !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hoppit said:

Why would it be in anybody's interest to fix anything to do with Cornish football? Absolutely ridiculous. Camelford cup fixtures this year, Helston  H  then Tavi A  Wendron A then Mousehole A now St Ives A just luck of the draw nothing more nothing less.

Just because someone dreams something it doesn’t make it true statement!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoppit said:

Why would it be in anybody's interest to fix anything to do with Cornish football? Absolutely ridiculous. Camelford cup fixtures this year, Helston  H  then Tavi A  Wendron A then Mousehole A now St Ives A just luck of the draw nothing more nothing less.

really !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cudmore brothers did it this time, however perhaps we could suggest to the Cornwall FA the next two to do the Third Round draw.

They would have to be two very concerned and passionate lovers of football in Cornwall. 

I’m going with definitely Big Al - it would be his chance too to have a chat with them.

To accompany him? Currently between leedsunited (so that he could verify no shenanigans going on with their balls) or Bruegel the Elder as this months most Popular Contributor. He’s currently posted twice as many times as his nearest contender (stevieb). :c:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BIG AL said:

CCFA using facebook - unbelievable always imagined they had never realised the telephone was invented !

You should've seen it :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Admittedly not a nominee for a  BAFTA Television Award, but a step in the right direction.

haha, very well put Mr Deacon. Certainly a step in the right direction.... Ever fancied getting involved yourself? (i apologise if you already are) would certainly improve the technological side of things and would be an improvement all round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×