Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
cornishteddyboy

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Saturday 21st October 2017

Recommended Posts

League Results for 
Saturday 21st October
Goonhavern Athletic p-p Perranwell 
RNAS Culdrose 0-3 St Agnes (Mark Bell, Jakob Springall, OG)
Att- 10

League Cup
1st Round
Hayle (Cameron Irish) 1-6 Pendeen Rovers (Darryl Richards 3, Alex Ralph 2, Christian Whittaker) 
Att- 35
Helston Athletic p-p St Just
Mullion (Jack Price 2) 2-3 Falmouth Town Reserves (Liam Chinn, Fraser Harris, Adam Barnicoat) 
Att- 20
Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve, Jackson Saunders) 2-0 Illogan RBL Reserves 
Att- 50
Perranporth (Luke Wort) 1-0 Carharrack 
Att- 60
St Day (Chris Dobson, Daine Peacock, Tom Hogarth) 3-1 Porthleven Reserves (Sean Haskill-Mills)
Att- 26
St Ives Town (Tom Morris 2, Marcus Tansey, Curtis Richards, Dylan Pulley, Scott Halliday) 6-1 Holman SC (Jack Mankee)
Att- 15
West Cornwall (Christopher Prout, Jowan Kitchener, Owain Barrett, Gareth Pitt) 4-0 Redruth United 
Att- 10

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hayle scorer Cameron Irish ,pen first half ,v3-0 down in five minutes  att approx 35  well played Pendeen deserved winners , Paul Murphy was the ref had a good game , pitch held up well thanks to Greg , only one yellow card , which shows both teams held nothing back but played in a sporting way , good luck in the next round .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redruth United lost 4-0 at West Cornwall. 1-0 half time once second goal went in contest over great finish from Owen Barrett for the 3rd goal and then a Gareth Pitt dive 😊earnt a penalty for the 4th dispite Brian a good game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combo League Cup:

Perranporth 1 Carharrack 0

Some of the worse wind we have played in years. This match positioned just off the Cornish coast was about who could keep the ball on the pitch.

Carharrack played against the wind all the first half which ment defending for the majority.

The best chance came when Justin Miles went for a cross but then looked like a shoot, the ball bent with the full force of the wind behind it spinning towards to top left then weirdly got blown out hitting the upright and going out of play. 

With 3 minutes of the half to go, the ball went towards the Carharrack 12 yard line, at this point the wind blinded me and could not see, with Luke Wort standing 5 yards offside the defence hands all went up screaming for offside the referee was looking at me, people behind screaming offside but I just couldn't not see how the ball got to him and kept my flag down. If I didn't see it I couldnt give it.  Dave Deacon was right behind me told me it was off at the interval so all I could do was apologise. Spoke to Match official Tim Reeks who I was assisting whilst in the changing rooms about my mistake during the debrief and he says it happens to us all that's football. 

Second half was the opppsite of the first Carharrack with the wind in their favour the ball on the line time and time again but just couldn't creep over. Fair play to their keeper who somehow saved the ball going over the line with 20 to with a quick reaction whilst on his knees. The clock ticking Perran knew that could hang on and got the ball out which made throw ins interesting. Final whistle gone. Close game could of gone either way.

I'm going to make a early prediction based on seeing all the top teams now. Falmouth to win the league cup like we did in our first season.

Just dried off and having a hot cup of tea at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Richard Chown said:

Combo League Cup:

Perranporth 1 Carharrack 0

Some of the worse wind we have played in years. This match positioned just off the Cornish coast was about who could keep the ball on the pitch.

Carharrack played against the wind all the first half which ment defending for the majority.

The best chance came when Justin Miles went for a cross but then looked like a shoot, the ball bent with the full force of the wind behind it spinning towards to top left then weirdly got blown out hitting the upright and going out of play. 

With 3 minutes of the half to go, the ball went towards the Carharrack 12 yard line, at this point the wind blinded me and could not see, with Luke Wort standing 5 yards offside the defence hands all went up screaming for offside the referee was looking at me, people behind screaming offside but I just couldn't not see how the ball got to him and kept my flag down. If I didn't see it I couldnt give it.  Dave Deacon was right behind me told me it was off at the interval so all I could do was apologise. Spoke to Match official Tim Reeks who I was assisting whilst in the changing rooms and he says it happens that's football.

Second half was the opppsite of the first Carharrack with the wind in their favour the ball on the line time and time again but just couldn't creep over. Fair play to their keeper who somehow saved the ball going over the line with 20 to with a quick reaction whilst on his knees. The clock ticking Perran knew that could hang on and got the ball out which made throw ins interesting. Final whistle gone. Close game could of gone either way.

I'm going to make a early prediction based on seeing all the top teams now. Falmouth to win the league cup like we did in our first season.

Just dried off and having a hot cup of tea at home.

At least you made up for it in the second half when you flagged a perran player offside when he was at least 2 yards on! Horrible conditions for 2 good footballing sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Postman Pat said:

Redruth United lost 4-0 at West Cornwall. 1-0 half time once second goal went in contest over great finish from Owen Barrett for the 3rd goal and then a Gareth Pitt dive 😊earnt a penalty for the 4th dispite Brian a good game.

Yep bit of an odd day. Game was played like a training session for large periods. No real urgency, going through the motions. Ref made us start at 2pm as Redruth were ready, but we thought it was a 2.30 start. Probably didn't help matters being rushed. As PP said game was over when we got the 2nd, good to see both sets of players just having a laugh trying to make the best of the situation with pretty dire conditions. Football was the winner today!! All the best to Redruth for the rest of the season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Chown said:

Combo League Cup:

Perranporth 1 Carharrack 0

Some of the worse wind we have played in years. This match positioned just off the Cornish coast was about who could keep the ball on the pitch.

Carharrack played against the wind all the first half which ment defending for the majority.

The best chance came when Justin Miles went for a cross but then looked like a shoot, the ball bent with the full force of the wind behind it spinning towards to top left then weirdly got blown out hitting the upright and going out of play. 

With 3 minutes of the half to go, the ball went towards the Carharrack 12 yard line, at this point the wind blinded me and could not see, with Luke Wort standing 5 yards offside the defence hands all went up screaming for offside the referee was looking at me, people behind screaming offside but I just couldn't not see how the ball got to him and kept my flag down. If I didn't see it I couldnt give it.  Dave Deacon was right behind me told me it was off at the interval so all I could do was apologise. Spoke to Match official Tim Reeks who I was assisting whilst in the changing rooms about my mistake during the debrief and he says it happens to us all that's football. 

Second half was the opppsite of the first Carharrack with the wind in their favour the ball on the line time and time again but just couldn't creep over. Fair play to their keeper who somehow saved the ball going over the line with 20 to with a quick reaction whilst on his knees. The clock ticking Perran knew that could hang on and got the ball out which made throw ins interesting. Final whistle gone. Close game could of gone either way.

I'm going to make a early prediction based on seeing all the top teams now. Falmouth to win the league cup like we did in our first season.

Just dried off and having a hot cup of tea at home.

I don't believe you would ever make a mistake running the line richard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ballsax said:

Yep bit of an odd day. Game was played like a training session for large periods. No real urgency, going through the motions. Ref made us start at 2pm as Redruth were ready, but we thought it was a 2.30 start. Probably didn't help matters being rushed. As PP said game was over when we got the 2nd, good to see both sets of players just having a laugh trying to make the best of the situation with pretty dire conditions. Football was the winner today!! All the best to Redruth for the rest of the season!

Surely kick off time was confirmed in confirmation email/call/text with referee earlier in the week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to all the Combo teams today that played!!! Loads of games off all over the South-west and the Combo managed 8 out of the 9 scheduled for today with Helston being off earlier in the week. I must admit I had to do the reports in the car on the way home from Norwich. I popped into Bristol Manor Farm v Cinderford as I thought I would only have to do a couple of games that were left on. Was shocked when the wife picked me up at 5pm after her trip to Ikea kitchen hunting and I saw there were 8 games!! Was on the car phone and iPad all the way home! Saved me a drive in that shit weather so well done from me! 👍👏🏼⚽️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

Surely kick off time was confirmed in confirmation email/call/text with referee earlier in the week?

I assume so, it's says 2.30 on the full time site so I usually go with that. Doesn't matter, game still got played. With the weather that came in near the end I think everyone was thankful of the early start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, COYG said:

One of the worst games I've ever had the pleasure of watching at Perranporth, nothing either team could've done to make it better though 

Thought there were more than 30 watching mind you!

How come no admission charges or the “go around with a box”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Thought there were more than 30 watching mind you!

How come no admission charges or the “go around with a box”?

Definitely more than 30! Would've thought double that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Thought there were more than 30 watching mind you!

How come no admission charges or the “go around with a box”?

Must be a wealthy club !! Not many clubs can afford to give away much needed revenue 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Big Clints said:

Must be a wealthy club !! Not many clubs can afford to give away much needed revenue 😉

Perranporth said there was 60 watching straight after the game, yeah we’re a wealthy club hence why we have a massive budget 😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Well done to all the Combo teams today that played!!! Loads of games off all over the South-west and the Combo managed 8 out of the 9 scheduled for today with Helston being off earlier in the week. I must admit I had to do the reports in the car on the way home from Norwich. I popped into Bristol Manor Farm v Cinderford as I thought I would only have to do a couple of games that were left on. Was shocked when the wife picked me up at 5pm after her trip to Ikea kitchen hunting and I saw there were 8 games!! Was on the car phone and iPad all the way home! Saved me a drive in that shit weather so well done from me! 👍👏🏼⚽️

I want to echo those congratulations to all the Combo teams who got games played. I was at Penryn v Illogan and, despite the weather, it was an absorbing cup tie.

My blog from the Combo Cup tie between Penryn Athletic and Illogan is now online at thecupfootballblogger.wordpress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thecupfootballblogger said:

I want to echo those congratulations to all the Combo teams who got games played. I was at Penryn v Illogan and, despite the weather, it was an absorbing cup tie.

My blog from the Combo Cup tie between Penryn Athletic and Illogan is now online at thecupfootballblogger.wordpress 

Yep ...you're right there, very good game to watch.

Pitch played well with a bit of cutting up...but that's expected after the rain Friday night !!!

Illogan favourites for this fixture but got a bit of a lesson in the second half, Penryn pressed them well in the second half with Illogan not getting much of a look in at all....a deserved win for Penryn in the end against a beefed up Illogan team.

Nice of the away team to not put a foot in the clubhouse afterwards, and add a few girlie comments about Tuesday night before the start of the game.

But then, take it from where it comes from ...the player in question always had a big gob.

Well done to Penryn from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yep ...you're right there, very good game to watch.

Pitch played well with a bit of cutting up...but that's expected after the rain Friday night !!!

Well done to Peryn from me.

Always nice to get praise from a neutral!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2017 at 10:05, Big Clints said:

Must be a wealthy club !! Not many clubs can afford to give away much needed revenue 😉

This is by no means the first time I’ve been to a Step 7 or lower match and watched it for free. Can’t help feeling the clubs are missing out on a trick! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reffed the St Ives Town v Holmans game last week... I just wanted to say well done to both teams for playing some good football (when the wind dropped) in pretty rubbish conditions. An easy game to officiate and one with no rubbish from either team - they just wanted to play football. That’s my sort of game.

Im just wondering if the Town keeper has finished talking about his goal yet? - It’s a rare but entertaining thing seeing a goal scored from the other end of the pitch. 

All the best to both teams for the rest of the season, particularly Holmans who are as I understand, struggling a bit. A good club with good history who I’m sure will bounce back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×