Cornwall Football Forum

1 hour ago, Rayvon said:

.and let us leave our minibus in his carpark free of charge. After a few pints of London Pride and watching the Spurs Palace game, (didn't see SS anywhere) we decended onto the ground 15 minutes before the ko. I was suprised to see so many supporters several of them wearing London Cornish shirts. The atmosphere was fantastastic and although Truro did not deserve to win but on another day could easily have come away with a replay. After celebrating with the players behind the goal after the game even though we lost then  it was back to the minibus down the 303 again to the Groom and Jockey at Hevitree Exeter for some food Curry/Chinese and a couple more pint, arriving back in Truro approx 12.30. A memorable day which will long last in the memory.:c:

A proper day out there, memories of yester year ......not many do it now, so will never understand what being a real football supporter is.

Glad you had a good day out, well done to you and TCFC.

Normal service will now be resumed.:c:

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

The TISA Boys were a bit better organised than that. We left Truro at 06.15 up the 303 with a stop off at Popham Airfield for a full English (highly recommended) then on to the Rose of Denmark by 12.30 an old fashion boozer 5 minutes walk from the ground where we met up with the Exiles and mingled with the very friendly Charlton supporters. The landlord was very grateful of our custom and let us leave our minibus in his carpark free of charge. After a few pints of London Pride and watching the Spurs Palace game, (didn't see SS anywhere) we decended onto the ground 15 minutes before the ko. I was suprised to see so many supporters several of them wearing London Cornish shirts. The atmosphere was fantastastic and although Truro did not deserve to win but on another day could easily have come away with a replay. After celebrating with the players behind the goal after the game even though we lost then  it was back to the minibus down the 303 again to the Groom and Jockey at Hevitree Exeter for some food Curry/Chinese and a couple more pint, arriving back in Truro approx 12.30. A memorable day which will long last in the memory.:c:

Thats what I call a proper football,day out.

On 06/11/2017 at 19:30, St Darren said:

Didn’t say you couldn’t did I?

so are you a ‘fan’ of Truro then?

The question is are you a Truro supporter?you always seem to have a lot to say about them usually negative, I can only suggest the next time your in the pub ask for your glass to be half filled and look at the world as a happy place.      

On 16/10/2017 at 21:00, St Darren said:

The gate money gets split equally doesn’t it? Not sure about tv. The tickets are likely to be lower than normal I would have thought to entice home fans in

Darren, the gate money after expenses is split THREE ways, a third to each club and a third to the Football Association, for fully televised games each club received an additional £67,000. 

That I have no doubt! The FA are in it for the money!

however as I club you’d have been happy with Charlton away with the hope of boosting the coffers when in reality they’d be lucky to break even

12 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Darren, the gate money after expenses is split THREE ways, a third to each club and a third to the Football Association, for fully televised games each club received an additional £67,000. 

No, 50% to each club in the first and second rounds. Non-league clubs playing in the competition proper also get a share of a 5% deduction from the gate of all replays in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds (used to include the 6th round as well but replays in the QFs have been abolished). As there are 40 non-league qualifiers, it means each club get 2.5% of that pool.

(From FA Cup Rule 22)

Thanks Richard Rundle, I was aware changes in respect of playing time were brought in to benefit the BIGGER clubs, they appear to have all the sway, I didn't realise the match day payouts had been changed in respect of attendance revenue.

Reaching the 1st round proper has brought football alive in the county having slumbered for too long, teams need to take the national competitions more serious than they have done in the past to maintain that buzz - Football revolves around finance but for teams like Truro a few extra thousands of pounds on the wage bill to attract players maybe short term for those matches may be money well spent. Oops I've left myself open to criticism now :D

Darren and Olden !! - We must remember the winners of each round receive a payment so that along with increased interest whilst success is bred has to be useful.

A successful Cup run advertises what clubs have on offer and hopefully encourage armchair followers to attend games, there are times part time players pull a bit of magic from somewhere to compete with what we see on TV.