Cornwall Football Forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

SSS - more important to watch Truro - give your Spurs tickets away. You will have lots of opportunities to watch Spurs - who knows when you'll get the chance again to watch a cornish side in the 1st round. 

Not when you are taking your 5 year old grandson,to watch Spurs for the first time.

Would'nt ruin his special day,for Truro City.

Suppose Im a bit like the TCFC chairman.Got other priorities.

Game is on Sunday 2pm. The delay in posting was that we had to wait for the FA to announce it even though Charlton and Truro had agreed to the change.

Tickets will be on sale next week, we have been allocated the away stand which holds 3100

The supporters club are organising coaches and have done a deal such that it will cost £25 per person.

You can purchase tickets and book the coach as follows.

Thursday 10am to 4pm

Friday 7pm to 8.30pm

Saturday at the Bognor game from 1pm

Depending on take up will determine how many coaches we have. One coach already full.

These are executive coaches, one will be a double decker.

If you want to book early call Baz on 07891303523

3 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

Game is on Sunday 2pm. The delay in posting was that we had to wait for the FA to announce it even though Charlton and Truro had agreed to the change.

Tickets will be on sale next week, we have been allocated the away stand which holds 3100

The supporters club are organising coaches and have done a deal such that it will cost £25 per person.

You can purchase tickets and book the coach as follows.

Thursday 10am to 4pm

Friday 7pm to 8.30pm

Saturday at the Bognor game from 1pm

Depending on take up will determine how many coaches we have. One coach already full.

These are executive coaches, one will be a double decker.

If you want to book early call Baz on 07891303523

Russell - Is the £25 just for the coach or is a ticket included.?

Dogs are allowed. Photos should only be taken by accredited photographers but no one will stop you using you phone etc

On 10/21/2017 at 13:16, DoneShouting said:

Russell - Is the £25 just for the coach or is a ticket included.?

This is for the coach only. Tickets are extra based on what you qualify for

Coaches will leave around 6.30 to 7am

Coaches will leave directly after the match and should be back in Cornwall around 9 to 9.30pm

On 22/10/2017 at 19:18, 100%cornish said:

I only take  photos for my own albums if i cant take photos i wont bother coming down then i will contactthe ground thanks

Everyone has camera phones these days. People use then non stop. They can't stop you. 

On 21/10/2017 at 18:41, GEACH1 said:

tried ringing the number no answer , i want to book 3000 tickets , so i can dress as a pasty and be the only one in the away end. 

I wouldn't try that one if I was you Geachy you may get attached to a piece of rope by the TISA boys and tossed over the crossbar. Anything the Eggchasers can do at Twickenham we can do at The Valley. Just as a matter of interest can you let us know your weight so as we know how many members to designate for the tossing if you will pardon the expression. :c:

On 16/10/2017 at 20:18, GEACH1 said:

no i will not calm down :),   this will be better than flambards , and thats usually the best day of the week

You can calm down down now now Geachy it has been announced that the tickets prices for the game are £10 for adults and £5 for concessions pasties free of charge and with the coach fare being £25 or only £20 on the TISA Party Bus this has to be a better day out than Flambards, also the fireworks will be on the pitch, as they say "No pyro no party" All you have to decide now is whether to bring an Anne's a Mary's or an Aunty Avis's just as long as you bring one along one for me. See you there boy with your St Pirans Flag :c::smiley20::c:

Thanks Paul i havnt got a camera phone but i will be taking my camera on saturday its not like its a top professional 1 its just a £20 camera off e bay .i will be down there nice and early with my dog hoping to see a Truro  win  its quite dear to go in i see but its only a 1 off for me at the moment but looking forward to a higher class of footy 

10 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I wouldn't try that one if I was you Geachy you may get attached to a piece of rope by the TISA boys and tossed over the crossbar. Anything the Eggchasers can do at Twickenham we can do at The Valley. Just as a matter of interest can you let us know your weight so as we know how many members to designate for the tossing if you will pardon the expression. :c:

ive paid my money for the coach so I'm on the trip ,, and I'm a healthy 15 and half stone . :c:

Big it up thisiscornwall.

If you read it you might smile at two bits.

FA Cup fever has since swept Cornwall with the players’ on-the-field exploits sparking somewhat of a media frenzy around the Vanarama National League South outfit. 

What FA Cup fever? 

Only the press are "bigging it up", not the ordinary supporter from other clubs which make up the bulk of the Cornish Football World!

http://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/football/football-news/truro-city-fa-cup-v-675928

From Twitopedia:

F.A. Cup Fever 

Symptoms: 1) A tendency to get hot under the collar. 2) An overwhelming desire to dress up as a regional delicacy (e.g. pasty etc.). 3) A sudden appetite for long distance travel. 4) Verbal diarrhoea centring around imagined superpowers of football players. 5) A temporary suspension of reality relating to unlikely possibilities.

Treatment: In the short term none known, although a cold shower can sometimes alleviate the symptoms. In the longer term only being knocked out of the competition will bring lasting relief although this may take repeated replays/rounds (hopefully).

On 20/10/2017 at 16:15, Goldeneye said:

SSS - more important to watch Truro - give your Spurs tickets away. You will have lots of opportunities to watch Spurs - who knows when you'll get the chance again to watch a cornish side in the 1st round. 

Always there SSS ?? When it suits !

Your logo not mine !

I got odds of 7/1 for Truro City to win the tie after 90 minutes - £5k went on that , then a cheeky £1k on TCFC winning the FA Cup at 10,000/1.

Winning the cup would be the biggest thing to ever happen to Cornish football, and at 10,000/1 it would seem unlikely - but with some decent home draws and bit of lady luck, who knows?

4 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

I got odds of 7/1 for Truro City to win the tie after 90 minutes - £5k went on that , then a cheeky £1k on TCFC winning the FA Cup at 10,000/1.

Winning the cup would be the biggest thing to ever happen to Cornish football, and at 10,000/1 it would seem unlikely - but with some decent home draws and bit of lady luck, who knows?

Skinflint‼️

9 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

idiot in my world.

9 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

What a absolute **** you are, by the way not selling many papers are you!!!

Good luck to Truro in the next round a fantastic achievement, with River Allen , Cody Cook and Rocky Neal all coming from the swpl and making the grade at this level can only be applauded and an inspiration to young players wanting to step up. They have proved it is achievable with hard work and commitment as we all know the travelling is tough . Keep it up boys and look forward to seeing you in the draw for the next round!!

The traveling is tough❓❓ What are these guys snowflakes? You’ ll have me in tears in a minute. They may have talent but they are cosseted football players, albeit at the bottom end of the professional scale. Now, the armed forces, mineworkers, health care staff, that’s what I call hard work and commitment.

Certainly I wish them well in their quest for cup and league success, but I sure ain’t mistaking them for heroes. 

1 hour ago, Touch line pro said:

Good luck to Truro in the next round a fantastic achievement, with River Allen , Cody Cook and Rocky Neal all coming from the swpl and making the grade at this level can only be applauded and an inspiration to young players wanting to step up. They have proved it is achievable with hard work and commitment as we all know the travelling is tough . Keep it up boys and look forward to seeing you in the draw for the next round!!

What about supporters they travel as well.

3 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Hereford are home to AFC Telford United in the 1st Round. Edgar Street is sold out, meaning 4,500 tickets gone. 

Hereford United are a former league club with a famous FA Cup history ctb thats the difference, I'm sure Truro City would have sold out if the game was at Treyew Road. To answer the question the club have sold over 700 tickets with another 300+  expected  to turn up on the day. :c:

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

The traveling is tough❓❓ What are these guys snowflakes? You’ ll have me in tears in a minute. They may have talent but they are cosseted football players, albeit at the bottom end of the professional scale. Now, the armed forces, mineworkers, health care staff, that’s what I call hard work and commitment.

Certainly I wish them well in their quest for cup and league success, but I sure ain’t mistaking them for heroes. 

What on earth is your problem?I merely congratulated the players nowhere have I demeaned the professions of the people you mention.A mid week game away to Havant or of similar distance arriving home at 2.30 in the morning then going to work the next day is difficult for anyone, when you consider having to fit in family life around this young wives & children etc it takes a lot of commitment. They are not paid thousands per game and although the extra money helps most of the players want to play a good standard of football before they get to your age and think life owes them something. I hoped the people on this were of at the very least average intelligence..........it appears not

10 hours ago, Touch line pro said:

What on earth is your problem?I merely congratulated the players nowhere have I demeaned the professions of the people you mention.A mid week game away to Havant or of similar distance arriving home at 2.30 in the morning then going to work the next day is difficult for anyone, when you consider having to fit in family life around this young wives & children etc it takes a lot of commitment. They are not paid thousands per game and although the extra money helps most of the players want to play a good standard of football before they get to your age and think life owes them something. I hoped the people on this were of at the very least average intelligence..........it appears not

Sorry if I offended you, you old pro, but I do sometimes get fed up with the sycophantic hero worship on this (and sometimes another) sub-forum. I happily concede that they are above average, and sometimes quite talented footballers but that doesn’t necessarily make them particularly nice individuals (I refer here to the whinging, swearing and occasionally, downright cheating that goes on in both national and some Cornish leagues). I suspect however, having reviewed some of your previous posts, that we may have to agree to differ  on the subject.

On 31/10/2017 at 08:28, TruroPostie said:

If true, what absolutely rubbish odds. 

You can get best price 14/1 for Truro to win in 90 minutes (BET365), with 9/1 the kindest price I can see to Truro. In terms of winning whenever (90 minutes; replay; ET; penalties) Truro are best price 6/1.

Furthermore, £1,000 at 10,000/1 equals ten million; no bookmaker I know of pays above £2 million.

Whatever - good luck to Truro City. I shall be there with my CORNISH SOCCER hat on to share another landmark in the club’s history!:c:

You never know in this crazy game that we all follow. There’s been a few shocks today in the Saturday games, let’s hope they’re just a warm up for more tomorrow :)