Cornwall Football Forum

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. 3000 sell out? I’d be surprised! And if I was a regular goer I’d be pissed off. Every other Saturday roughly 300 Truro supporters turn up at treyew yet there will be more wanting to go to this one creating a complete false atmosphere on what it’s nornally like

best of luck to Truro but really couldn’t give a mobiles how they get on. Just hope they go and enjoy the day and put themselves in the shop window! Fantastic opportunity for the keeper and Cody Cooke amongst others 

#bandwagon 

35 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

For TV isn't one tie usually played on a Friday evening. If Truro's match was chosen it would be awful for travelling fans but, presumably, good financially? Anyone know how TV money is split?

The gate money gets split equally doesn’t it? Not sure about tv. The tickets are likely to be lower than normal I would have thought to entice home fans in

Fantastic draw for City!!! Apart from Portsmouth, Blackburn or Bradford and possibly Argyle it couldn’t be better in my opinion. The Valley is a top class stadium with a capacity of 27’000 odd!! They always get 5 figure crowds for home games of which City will get an even share! That will be a decent amount of cash to be fair??⚽️ Hope the players are still on a nice little bonus ? Reckon BT Sport could well go for a live game here as well with it being a bit of a fairy story, Cornish football which nobody up the line thinks we can play down here, a club in administration only 5 years ago, could have no ground next season blah blah! ? Think the home team comes out of a tv live match a bit better but could be a great money spinner for the club. Could well have been away to Oxford City, Shaw Lane or Heybridge so let’s relish it and get behind the lads. Would love to see a big contingent go up and support City on the day and do Cornish football proud. 

10 hours ago, St Darren said:

Haha. 3000 sell out? I’d be surprised! And if I was a regular goer I’d be pissed off. Every other Saturday roughly 300 Truro supporters turn up at treyew yet there will be more wanting to go to this one creating a complete false atmosphere on what it’s nornally like

best of luck to Truro but really couldn’t give a mobiles how they get on. Just hope they go and enjoy the day and put themselves in the shop window! Fantastic opportunity for the keeper and Cody Cooke amongst others 

#bandwagon 

Why would you be pissed off? It's a great opportunity for Truro to gain some fans that may come along every week. What would you, or their regular fans, rather have? A bumper crowd or 300 odd? Especially if it is potentially on national tv. It's a great chance for the club to win over some more local fans and a chance for Cornish Football to get behind the players and not be so 'anti Truro'. They've got a great squad and management team, it's such a shame that we can't get behind them because we don't like the people running it at the top. It's the same for every small side when they get drawn against a bigger one. Interest and support takes off and the Truro regulars should be proud of the profile being raised not pissed off that they may have to sit next to someone from St Cleer. 

It is potentially a massive thing for Cornish Football. It's a chance for young Cornish people to realise their dream of playing in the FA Cup, and what a message it sends to the youth players in the county. 

What normally happens in these cases is that of course people jump on the bandwagon, but they then get the bug and hopefully it will raise their crowds back home, especially with them doing so well in the league. 

And like the poster above said, what an opportunity for the likes of McHale, Cooke etc to put themselves in the shop window a bit. 

Good luck from me. 

38 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Why would you be pissed off? It's a great opportunity for Truro to gain some fans that may come along every week. What would you, or their regular fans, rather have? A bumper crowd or 300 odd? Especially if it is potentially on national tv. It's a great chance for the club to win over some more local fans and a chance for Cornish Football to get behind the players and not be so 'anti Truro'. They've got a great squad and management team, it's such a shame that we can't get behind them because we don't like the people running it at the top. It's the same for every small side when they get drawn against a bigger one. Interest and support takes off and the Truro regulars should be proud of the profile being raised not pissed off that they may have to sit next to someone from St Cleer. 

It is potentially a massive thing for Cornish Football. It's a chance for young Cornish people to realise their dream of playing in the FA Cup, and what a message it sends to the youth players in the county. 

What normally happens in these cases is that of course people jump on the bandwagon, but they then get the bug and hopefully it will raise their crowds back home, especially with them doing so well in the league. 

And like the poster above said, what an opportunity for the likes of McHale, Cooke etc to put themselves in the shop window a bit. 

Good luck from me. 

It was me who said about Mchale and Cooke!!

its a great draw for the club and the players and I wish the players all the best. 

If over a thousand travel then the tv get behind it and say what a wonderful travelling support Truro have when in reality there’s about 50 that go. Don’t sell the doing it for Cornwall bit either, that wore thin over ten years ago!!

beat of luck to them though

With regard to fans not being keen on their owners - Charlton fans really do not see eye to eye with their owner.  A great pity, as I believe he has the best of intentions .

I am going to do something I rarely do, and that is place a bet on Truro City winning this tie. I have yet to receive the odds for the game, but I intend to place £5000 on Truro winning.

3 hours ago, WendronOfficial said:

Good luck from me. 

The loyal support,are always behind the team,100%.

That dont mean we all have to like the Chairman,and his regime.

We have been biten once,and dont want to go anywhere near that situation ,again.

1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

With regard to fans not being keen on their owners - Charlton fans really do not see eye to eye with their owner.  A great pity, as I believe he has the best of intentions .

I am going to do something I rarely do, and that is place a bet on Truro City winning this tie. I have yet to receive the odds for the game, but I intend to place £5000 on Truro winning.

Are you going to make an appearance,at this game then.?

Obviously got money,to throw about.

3 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

How can you prove you have put on a bet for £5000. I could say I was going to bet £10,000 on Hereford beating AFC Telford in the 1st Round of the FA Cup. Unless I showed people the betting slip no-one would believe me, so I think you are in the same boat.

I wonder who is the lowest ranked team still left i the Cup this year with Hereford being in The Southern Premier, anyone from a lower level. Where's Mike Odgers when you need him?

So TruroPostie, when you have placed your bet prove it to the rest of us.

Just found the info.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41624112

e: [John Treleven] F.A. Cup 2017-18 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

F.A. Cup 2017-18

1st Round

3p.m. Saturday 4th November unless stated

Draw made Monday 16th October

There are three Level 8 survivors -
Heybridge Swifts, Hyde United, Ossett Town (replay)

"Non league" survivors are guaranteed from 5 ties -
10, 13, 17, 34, 39

There are no all Level 4 meetings and only one all Level 3 tie - 36

01 Stevenage L2 4 v Nantwich Town NPP 7 or Kettering Town SLP 7
02 Bradford City L1 3 v Chesterfield L2 4
03 Port Vale L2 4 v Oxford United L1 3
04 Newport County L2 4 v Walsall L1 3
05 Morecambe L2 4 v Hartlepool United C 5
06 Yeovil Town L2 4 v Southend United L1 3
07 Peterborough United L1 3 v Tranmere Rovers C 5
08 Cambridge United L2 4 v Sutton United C 5
09 Forest Green Rovers L2 4 v Macclesfield Town C 5
10 A.F.C. Fylde C 5 v Kidderminster Harriers CN 6
11 Luton Town L2 4 v Portsmouth L1 3
12 Shrewsbury Town L1 3 v Aldershot Town C 5
13 Hereford SLP 7 v A.F.C. Telford United CN 6
14 Guiseley C 5 v Accrington Stanley L2 4
15 Blackburn Rovers L1 3 v Barnet L2 4
16 East Thurrock United CS 6 or Ebbsfleet United C 5 v Doncaster Rovers L1 3
17 Leatherhead ISP 7 v Brackley Town CN 6 or Billericay Town ISP 7
18 Boreham Wood C 5 v Blackpool L1 3
19 Shaw Lane NPP 7 v Mansfield Town L2 4
20 Colchester United L2 4 v Oxford City CS 6
21 Plymouth Argyle L1 3 v Grimsby Town L2 4
22 A.F.C. Wimbledon L1 3 v Lincoln City L2 4
23 Rochdale L1 3 v Dover Athletic C 5 or Bromley C 5
24 Coventry City L2 4 v Maidenhead United C 5
25 Chorley CN 6 or Boston United CN 6 v Fleetwood Town L1 3
26 Carlisle United L2 4 v Oldham Athletic L1 3
27 Notts County L2 4 v Bristol Rovers L1 3
28 Dartford CS 6 v Swindon Town L2 4
29 Cheltenham Town L2 4 v Maidstone United C 5 or Enfield Town ISP 7
30 Woking C 5 or Concord Rangers CS 6 v Bury L1 3
31 Crewe Alexandra L2 4 v Rotherham United L1 3
32 Gillingham L1 3 v Dagenham & Redbridge C 5 or Leyton Orient C 5
33 Hyde United NPN 8 v Milton Keynes Dons L1 3
34 Gainsborough Trinity CN 6 v Slough Town SLP 7
35 Solihull Moors C 5 or Ossett Town NPN 8 v Wycombe Wanderers L2 4
36 Northampton Town L1 3 v Scunthorpe United L1 3
37 Charlton Athletic L1 3 v Truro City CS 6
38 Wigan Athletic L1 3 v Crawley Town L2 4
39 Gateshead C 5 v Chelmsford City CS 6
40 Exeter City L2 4 v Heybridge Swifts ISN 8

(This post was edited by John Treleven on Oct 17, 2017, 7:37 AM)
clear_shim.gif
clear_shim.gif
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next pageLast page  View All  

Taken from the F A Cup section on the "Non League Matters" site composed by John Treleven has done a summary from the Ex Pre.Rd.

View all to see all Rounds and attendances

7 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Oops perhaps.

IF as has been widely spread on the forums you are a substantial influence in the Truro City set up (that's as delicate as I can describe it) I would tread carefully, the players are not permitted to bet, should a senior member of the backroom establishment bet they too MAY fall foul of FA betting rules , the consequences being a heavy personal FA fine and perhaps the forfeiting of any club win prize money, there is NO MERCY with the FA, their attitude is RULES ARE RULES and should be followed without question at all times.

If you are not connected with the club then Good Luck.

8 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Bollocks, would be better if you paid your bills on time postie boy.

3 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

Dont get to excited.

Christ,the Chairman is trying to sort out his Sunday Independent.

Dont know what he will call it ,now.Tuesday's Independent Supplementry Article.

S££T that spells TISA.

not getting excited , just trying to be organised . 

I listened to Laurence Reed talking to the Charlton Athletic Supporters club secretary at lunch time and he asked if it would be a sell out LOL

The response was (words to effect) No and that it would down on their average league gates.

Laurence did remind him that almost 30,000 saw Truro at the Vase Final

If the BBC follow the same format as previous seasons

I cant see Truro as the Friday night BBC live game as they usually cover a Non League (minnow) against a F L club so Shaw Lane v Mansfield or Hyde v Milton K D are my guess.

I reckon Truro will be on the  Sunday where BBC tv flit from ground to ground whenever there is goal action involving Non league clubs..

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

I listened to Laurence Reed talking to the Charlton Athletic Supporters club secretary at lunch time and he asked if it would be a sell out LOL

The response was (words to effect) No and that it would down on their average league gates.

Laurence did remind him that almost 30,000 saw Truro at the Vase Final

They didn't go to watch Truro - they went to see the new Wembley.

12 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

First sentence quite reasonable, second bit - Oh dear (!) bit silly to post that drivel.......shaking my head at that nonsense.

On 17/10/2017 at 22:04, GEACH1 said:
On 17/10/2017 at 21:46, digger1000 said:

i may put a bet on that the sub goalkeeper will be seen eating a pasty 

I haven't seen the odds yet but I'm putting a £100 bet on it being a Ginsters and £10 each way that its a Rowes. Oggy Oggy Oggy

Emirates FA Cup fans will be able to watch three live televised games in the first round proper next month.

Broadcast partners BBC and BT Sport have made their selections from the draw, which was made on Monday evening following last weekend’s fourth round qualifying ties.

And the first tie of the round will be screened live on BBC Two as eighth-tier side Hyde United host League One outfit MK Dons at Ewen Fields on Friday 3 November, with a kick-off at 7.55pm.

The following day sees another non-League team attempt to cause a Cup shock against EFL opposition, as Shaw Lane Association play Mansfield Town live on BT Sport 1 in a lunchtime kick-off (12.30pm, on air at noon) on Saturday 4 November.

BT Sport 1 will also show the all-Lancashire tie between Chorley and Fleetwood, which will take place on Monday 6 November with a kick-off at 7.45pm (on air at 7pm) shortly after the second round draw.

Each club will receive £67,500 from the FA’s broadcast fund and winning clubs will pick up an additional £18,000 from the prize fund.

By FA Staff

No mention of the watered down version involving the 8 Sunday games except on the Official Truro City website, I am sorry the club should boycott the weak watered down coverage, support the supporters who have a 600 mile journey and work on Monday

3 hours ago, Duty281 said:

TCFC Twitter have announced the game will be played on Sunday at 14:00, so I'm guessing that means TV.

Match is not televised.

But goals will be shown,when they are scored.

4 minutes ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Emirates FA Cup fans will be able to watch three live televised games in the first round proper next month.

Broadcast partners BBC and BT Sport have made their selections from the draw, which was made on Monday evening following last weekend’s fourth round qualifying ties.

And the first tie of the round will be screened live on BBC Two as eighth-tier side Hyde United host League One outfit MK Dons at Ewen Fields on Friday 3 November, with a kick-off at 7.55pm.

The following day sees another non-League team attempt to cause a Cup shock against EFL opposition, as Shaw Lane Association play Mansfield Town live on BT Sport 1 in a lunchtime kick-off (12.30pm, on air at noon) on Saturday 4 November.

BT Sport 1 will also show the all-Lancashire tie between Chorley and Fleetwood, which will take place on Monday 6 November with a kick-off at 7.45pm (on air at 7pm) shortly after the second round draw.

Each club will receive £67,500 from the FA’s broadcast fund and winning clubs will pick up an additional £18,000 from the prize fund.

By FA Staff

No mention of the watered down version involving the 8 Sunday games except on the Official Truro City website, I am sorry the club should boycott the weak watered down coverage, support the supporters who have a 600 mile journey and work on Monday

Agree Ivor.

Why change the fixture.

I ,for one will now miss the Truro game.

Got tickets for Spurs v C.Palace.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Match is not televised.

But goals will be shown,when they are scored.

Agree Ivor.

Why change the fixture.

I ,for one will now miss the Truro game.

Got tickets for Spurs v C.Palace.

David - So have I.

Spurs game was scheduled for Saturday then swapped to Sunday for TV,  good for me 2 games to attend so I bought my ticket, then Truro gets swapped for small in play visits to 8 games to show snippets if something happens in them, unfortunately it will be Wembley for me unless the pitch fails a pre match inspection. ( :c:  )

Not only the day changed but the kick off brought forward by one hour, NO THOUGHT for the supporters who facing a 600 mile round trip need to leave home in the middle of Saturday night and on return go to work on Monday morning. I have always supported the FA but this time they have failed the lifeblood of football THE SPECTATORS, televising the WHOLE game would be a big yes but for short highlighted visits it is an own goal.

Mind you - I will only lose the £20 cost of my ticket if I don't go to Wembley.