Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

        TUESDAY 17TH OCTOBER

               CALLINGTON TOWN

                                V 

               PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

                            7:30 ko

        GINSTERS MARSHFIELD PARC

            Clubhouse open for hot  

               and cold refreshments.

Adults £5.     concessions £3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 straight wins from the start of the season for Parkway-is this the best Nationally?

I see Highworth Town of the Hellenic League Premier have also recorded 13 consecutive wins.

Also Plymouth Parkway have now scored more Peninsula goals than any other club as they overtook Bodmin last night

SWPL (2007-17)

Plymouth Parkway 1078 Goals from 380 games--Bodmin Town  1076 goals from 377 played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

13 straight wins from the start of the season for Parkway-is this the best Nationally?

I see Highworth Town of the Hellenic League Premier have also recorded 13 consecutive wins.

Also Plymouth Parkway have now scored more Peninsula goals than any other club as they overtook Bodmin last night

SWPL (2007-17)

Plymouth Parkway 1078 Goals from 380 games--Bodmin Town  1076 goals from 377 played.

Great stats Mike,

So we need two goals from next three games to reclaim that stat!?

Parkway going a long like an express train, again no qualms from our camp, not like a lot of the moaners from.different clubs ... they are the bench mark we are all chasing now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoyed my jaunt to the Marsh last night.

Busy clubhouse with a good contingent making the trip from Plymouth 

Bit damp early on but the pitch stood up pretty well.

Hobbs was up to his old tricks slamming in a glorious opener as early as the second minute.

The expected first half onslaught never happened, Cally battled hard and despite a few wobbles went in 0-1 at the break. A good effort.

Just like buses you wait over 40 minutes then 6 goals all come at once. Parkway slid up a couple of gears second half and left Cally at the traffic lights.

Finished 1-7 and to be brutally honest it could have been plenty more during that second half (no disrespect to the home side).

Are this Plymouth Parkway side as good as the flashy reports and predictions in the media, well in a nutshell, yes they are. When they switch that turbo on they leave you for dead. I know there are a lot of politics being digested about throwing cash around and all the rest but its bloody good entertainment, at least it is for the neutral and those in yellow and blue bobble hats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Great stats Mike,

So we need two goals from next three games to reclaim that stat!?

Parkway going a long like an express train, again no qualms from our camp, not like a lot of the moaners from.different clubs ... they are the bench mark we are all chasing now...

This stat is great, leeds United you may have played 3 games less in that time but this season Parkway are outscoring everyone although tavy are doing very well also and are actually on the same goal diff of +55. If Parkway finish high enough and take promotion then you have another season to up those goals as this season they will outscore Bodmin by a fair few by the looks of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

This stat is great, leeds United you may have played 3 games less in that time but this season Parkway are outscoring everyone although tavy are doing very well also and are actually on the same goal diff of +55. If Parkway finish high enough and take promotion then you have another season to up those goals as this season they will outscore Bodmin by a fair few by the looks of it

Cornishfootball, you might be right, as I have said they are on a roll at present & are going to take some catching! Bodmin have been there many, many times before & got the full trophy cabinet, if Parkway go all the way & win it ( which is looking very likely) then good luck to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Cornishfootball, you might be right, as I have said they are on a roll at present & are going to take some catching! Bodmin have been there many, many times before & got the full trophy cabinet, if Parkway go all the way & win it ( which is looking very likely) then good luck to them.

100% we all know Bodmin have league pedigree but would be nice to see a team win it and take a promotion (budget allowing).

 

No denying who the top teams have been over the last decade or more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×