Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - W/C 14th October 2017

Combo Results
Saturday 14th October 2017
Falmouth Town Reserves (Kyle Cooke 3, Lewis Pellow 3, Liam Chinn, Kian Thomas) 8-0 Goonhavern Athletic 
Att- 40
Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright, Kai Cornish) 2-0 West Cornwall 
Att- 35
Holman SC p-p St Agnes 
Att-
Illogan RBL Reserves (Simon Ellis 2, Connor Arthur 2, Tom Butt) 5-4 Porthleven Reserves (Sam Young 2, Liam Hunter, Matt Best) 
Att- 51
Mullion (Jack Price, Harry Roberts) 2-1 St Just (Gary Matthews)
Att- 25
Penryn Athletic 0-5 Carharrack (Connor Powell 2, Ryan Stephens, James Davies, Bradley Leivers)
Att- ???
Perranporth (Luke Wort 2, Ross Maynard) 3-1 Pendeen Rovers (Darryl Richards)
Att- 65
Perranwell (Rob Pell 4, Matt Lane, Finn Cross) 6-0 RNAS Culdrose 
Att- 30
St Day (Ashley Smeeth, Tom Hogarth) 2-0 Hayle 
Att- 43
St Ives Town (Dan Greenfield 3) 3-0 Redruth United 
Att- 15

Latest table @ 17.30 on 14/10/17

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ST DAY 13 10 2 1 40 12 29 32
2 FALMOUTH 12 10 1 1 50 14 36 31
3 PERRANPORTH 11 9 2 0 40 15 25 29
4 PENDEEN 12 9 0 3 45 21 24 27
5 CARHARRACK 11 8 1 2 57 20 37 25
6 HELSTON 14 7 2 5 34 25 9 23
7 PERRANWELL 10 7 0 3 35 15 20 21
8 ILLOGAN 12 6 1 5 26 26 0 19
9 ST IVES 10 6 0 4 18 11 7 18
10 PORTHLEVEN 13 5 2 6 34 33 1 17
11 WEST CORNWALL 10 4 1 5 23 28 -5 13
12 PENRYN 12 3 3 6 24 41 -17 12
13 GOONHAVERN 11 4 0 7 14 37 -23 12
14 MULLION 12 3 2 7 24 36 -12 11
15 ST AGNES 10 3 0 7 19 28 -9 9
16 ST JUST 10 2 3 5 18 28 -10 9
17 HAYLE 9 2 2 5 21 23 -2 8
18 REDRUTH 11 1 0 10 9 53 -44 3
19 CULDROSE 8 0 0 8 4 35 -31 0
20 HOLMANS 9 0 0 9 12 47 -35 0

Tuesday 17th October '17
Penryn Athletic v RNAS Culdrose

Great match at Illogan! Two sides who wouldn't lie down: end to end, some excellent goalkeeping, some fine goals.

0-1 (4 minutes) Port's No 11

0-2 (19) Port's No 5

1-2 (20) Connor Arthur

1-3 (21) Port's No 8

(Yes, 19th, 20th and 21st minutes!)

1-4 (26) Port's No 8 (I think)

2-4 (32) Tommy Butt

H.T.

3-4 (63) Simon Ellis

4-4 (68) Simon Ellis

5-4 (74) Connor Arthur

(88) Port's No 3 booked (I thought the young ref did well).

(90+5) Port's No 3 hit post!

Real value for money and a great ad for Combo League.

St.Day 2-0 Hayle even first half  , second half the saints were firing  on all cylinders ,Hayle weathered the early on slaught and came back into the game looked like Hayle might get a point but a thunderbolt into the roof of the net from just outside the box put an end to that followed up just after with a scrappy second , Hayle had a penalty saved as well late on which was a good save and the saints can feel agrieved that they should have had one when the scores were 0-0 ,  Hayle should not be to dispondent as St .Day are top for a reason  ,table doesn't lie . Two goals was the right result on the second half showing but they had to work for the victory .

Perranporth 3 v 1 Pendeen Rovers

Twas like a summers day ...with no wind a absolute beautiful day to play a game of football ...well over to the match.....

Game was quite open in first 20 mins with both sides creating chances that on other days would have been caressing the back of the goal............and then after an incident that could only really be explained as "A cartoon Fight" at best....resulted (in my opinion) in a crazy shout by the ref sending our player off and booking the Perranporth player when surely a word in both there ears to grow up might have sufficed or at worse two yellow's (sorry but the explanation that the original tackle was 2 footed holds no weight when you award a throwing for the said tackle!).....this then resulted in us having to shuffle our team and we spent the next 10 mins fine tuning our formation whilst changing things until we settled and started to get a foothold in the game again...in the meantime Perranporth had helped themselves to a 1-0 lead after a long ball cross field ball was headed home at the back post....

half time 1-0

Start of the 2nd half we came out on the front foot and with a substitution in the middle of the park we started to get at the Perranporth back four and the game started to become a little open with chances being created at both ends...then up stepped "Daryldino" receiving a  pass back in a nice one two let fly with an absolute beatiful shot that sailed into the back of the net...1-1 game on ....within minutes of the eqailizer we had the game changing (other than the dubious Red!!!) moment when TJ put in a lovely cross from the left that we manged to blaze over from underneath the bar !!!! as the game wore on the extra man started to tell and Perranporth created a few chances in quick succesion....eventually this pressure bore Perranporth some fruit when the ref (him again!!) pointed to the spot (which was a 100% a dead cert pen- sorry Jack!) and Perranporth got there 2nd....we continued to push looking now for an equalizer this resulted in a few holes which Perranporth exploited with a lame shot on the edge of the area took a deflection and rolled in ....

I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Perranporth on the win  and for keeping the unbeaten start going also a big thanks for the grub and hospitality , looking forward very much to the return match (23/12) when i'm quite sure it might be slighly colder ....

Please don't think i'm on here to just have a go at the ref, we all make mistakes and in my opinion the red was a big one ....

but the real reason I wanted to come on here was to congratulate my team because today to a man we stepped up and there wasn't one moan or negativety about the sending off and even with 10 men  the effort was immense and we held are own and played some absolute superb football against a team that'll surely be there or abouts when the title is decided at the end of the season...well done lads .....I'm sure some famous manager has said "that you find more about yourself as a team, in adversity and defeat than you do in triumph"

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

St.Day 2-0 Hayle even first half  , second half the saints were firing  on all cylinders ,Hayle weathered the early on slaught and came back into the game looked like Hayle might get a point but a thunderbolt into the roof of the net from just outside the box put an end to that followed up just after with a scrappy second , Hayle had a penalty saved as well late on which was a good save and the saints can feel agrieved that they should have had one when the scores were 0-0 ,  Hayle should not be to dispondent as St .Day are top for a reason  ,table doesn't lie . Two goals was the right result on the second half showing but they had to work for the victory .

Good report stevie, thought hayle are a good side and are hard to beat.  We was a bit upset not getting the penalty.lol

Just now, willy7 said:

Good report stevie, thought hayle are a good side and are hard to beat.  We was a bit upset not getting the penalty.lol

Willy it was a penalty , and I was in a good position , but you win some and lose some , nice to watch for a change , good to catch up with Adrian , he always makes you welcome , good team you have this season , very interesting league this season , have your club considered promotion if you win the league ?  The facilities are in place .

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Willy it was a penalty , and I was in a good position , but you win some and lose some , nice to watch for a change , good to catch up with Adrian , he always makes you welcome , good team you have this season , very interesting league this season , have your club considered promotion if you win the league ?  The facilities are in place .

Don't think the ref was close enough to see if it was inside or not. Our player being about 6 or 7 yards inside the box when landing should have gave it away, or is he superman.lol Yea we are looking to go as high and far as we can. We have a very good youth team coming through who would fit in at that level too.

Good luck to your club , as an aside the pasty I had yesterday was brilliant , nearly as good as Philps but then I am biased ,. Thought the prices for food was very reasonable , good crowd as well .don't usually get a chance to eat as I am running the line  . Glad to see your club has ambition to move up and well done on the youth coming through ,the main trouble is when they leave college and move on to uni  .