DIVISION ONE EAST

Budleigh Salterton    1,    Bovey Tracey    2

Honiton Town  1, Crediton Utd 4

St Martins    2,    Brixham     0

DIVISION ONE WEST

Bude Town    1,    Elburton Villa     1

Dobwalls    0,    St Blazey     4

WALTER C PARSON CUP 2ND ROUND

Exmouth Town   1,   Cullompton Rangers    2   (aet)

Godolphin Atlantic   2,   Illogan RBL    1   (aet)

Holsworthy   1,   Teignmouth     5

Ilfracombe Town   1,   University of Exeter    3

Launceston   2,   Saltash United   2  (Launceston win 4-2 on pens, aet)

Mousehole   1,   Camelford    0

Penzance   7,   St Dennis    5  (aet)

Plymouth Parkway   3,   Galmpton & Roselands    1

Porthleven   2,   Bodmin Town    4

Sidmouth Town   1,   Stoke Gabriel     2

St Austell   1,   Falmouth Town    3

Tavistock   3,   Ivybridge Town     2

Torpoint Athletic   2,   Liverton United   1

Torridgeside   4,   Axminster Town    3

DEVON PREMIER CUP 1ST ROUND

Bere Alston     1,   Plymstock United   4   (played at Plymstock)

Mousehole 1 v 0 Camelford

First and foremost a Big well done to Mousehole and hopefully they can have a decent Cup run  

Long journey down to Mousehole, knowing it was going to be long afternoon, Camels carrying injuries coupled with work commitments meaning a bare 11 (plus a 16yo in his first senior game at any level) - 8 of whom were u20's. 

Great facilities at Mousehole, newly laid pitch and good  friendly clubhouse and officials - definitely a club going in the right direction with a very good manager (not convinced about Jason Blunt though as thought him a poor role model in the several previous games I had seen him - today was no different). 

Mousehole, with their commitment to 66% youth policy, fielded Tyler T, with their remaining youngsters on the bench - understandably going for experience over youth (shame for the youngsters though)

Game was very evenly matched in the first half, both teams playing good football in parts, however Camelford's lack of a recognised striker cost them in the final third and Mouseholes's No 9 (Macca) butchered a couple of chances. 

I am surprised that Mouseholes no10 and 8 remained on the pitch purely on a count rate of poor fouls- however the Referee, (from Porthleven and calling all of the Mousehole players by. name), had a very, very poor game, in my opinion. Not, in anyway taking away from Mouseholes win, I wouldn't score him above 30, some decisions were poor, some were worse.

Game came to life with a break from Jhonno on Mouseholes right (I'm not sure where the Camels left back was at the time) - lovely cross and decent finish from Macca - good goal. 

Camels came to life a bit, and Mousehole sat too deep,  - S P-B pulled off 4 outstanding saves for Mousehole in the space of 15 minutes (one a world class double save) - and Mousehole had two clear break away chances - one was a penalty but given as outside the box by the ref (the Camels defender making the tackle totally perplexed that it was given as outside the box the Camelford Lino saw it as a penalty as well but not the Ref).

Camels had several chances to take the game to ET and Mousehole chances to finish it off. 

All in all a good game and best of luck to Mousehole, nice club. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Dobwalls 0v4 St Blazey

Look out for Perrymans goal on Match of the day tonight. :D Superb.

Bet your mates you play snooker with Leeds might need to chalk their cue when they see another win on the board. :thumbsup: Nothing to moan about. Hard life. 

Another powerful performance from St Blazey. We were missing some important players today (Eaton, Johnson and Yeoman with Paddy West on the bench with a tight hamstring) but had enough to see off Dobwalls with a makeshift midfield. 

Perryman scored undoubtedly the goal of the game, beating the Dobwalls right fullback for pace, cutting inside and striking an unstoppable screamer from the edge of the area into the top corner, just clipping the crossbar on the way in.

Dan Bennett was sent off midway through the first half for... I have no idea what it was for. Looked like he won the ball, maybe he subsequently swung a foot out.

St Blazey kept Dobwalls comfortably at arms length throughout the first half, reducing them to pot shots from outside the area and leaving Chapman with nothing to do but collect crosses.

Second half, kicking uphill with ten men resulted in a far more defensive performance but Dobwalls offered little. Chapman made a few decent saves and a floated effort brushed the post but St Blazey defended well and Dobwalls never looked like getting back into the game.

29 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

Great effort from the Dennis boys today down at Penzance, 7-5 loss aet. 7 1st treaners out with a wedding and the lads from the 2nds that came in did so well apparently, well done boys ?⚽️

It certainly was a tense affair with both sides having chances to wrap the game up. Wouldn't have guessed St Dennis were missing so many; great effort from those who stepped up. Well done to both teams for an absorbing cup-tie, sensibly refereed and full of goals.

31 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

First and foremost a Big well done to Mousehole and hopefully they can have a decent Cup run  

Long journey down to Mousehole, knowing it was going to be long afternoon, Camels carrying injuries coupled with work commitments meaning a bare 11 (plus a 16yo in his first senior game at any level) - 8 of whom were u20's. 

Great facilities at Mousehole, newly laid pitch and good  friendly clubhouse and officials - definitely a club going in the right direction with a very good manager (not convinced about Jason Blunt though as thought him a poor role model in the several previous games I had seen him - today was no different). 

Mousehole, with their commitment to 66% youth policy, fielded Tyler T, with their remaining youngsters on the bench - understandably going for experience over youth (shame for the youngsters though)

Game was very evenly matched in the first half, both teams playing good football in parts, however Camelford's lack of a recognised striker cost them in the final third and Mouseholes's No 9 (Macca) butchered a couple of chances. 

I am surprised that Mouseholes no10 and 8 remained on the pitch purely on a count rate of poor fouls- however the Referee, (from Porthleven and calling all of the Mousehole players by. name), had a very, very poor game, in my opinion. Not, in anyway taking away from Mouseholes win, I wouldn't score him above 30, some decisions were poor, some were worse.

Game came to life with a break from Jhonno on Mouseholes right (I'm not sure where the Camels left back was at the time) - lovely cross and decent finish from Macca - good goal. 

Camels came to life a bit, and Mousehole sat too deep,  - S P-B pulled off 4 outstanding saves for Mousehole in the space of 15 minutes (one a world class double save) - and Mousehole had two clear break away chances - one was a penalty but given as outside the box by the ref (the Camels defender making the tackle totally perplexed that it was given as outside the box the Camelford Lino saw it as a penalty as well but not the Ref).

Camels had several chances to take the game to ET and Mousehole chances to finish it off. 

Mousehole actually had i think 5 players under the age of 23 who started so if that's going with experience so be it now to the referee it doesn't help when you've got two or three Camelford players trying to ref the game for him the whole game especially the chunky no 8 not saying that some of the Mousehole boys were innocent just let the reffs do their jobs they might have a decent game all the best to reg and his boys for the season 

15 minutes ago, andy howes said:

Mousehole actually had i think 5 players under the age of 23 who started so if that's going with experience so be it now to the referee it doesn't help when you've got two or three Camelford players trying to ref the game for him the whole game especially the chunky no 8 not saying that some of the Mousehole boys were innocent just let the reffs do their jobs they might have a decent game all the best to reg and his boys for the season 

Andy - don't what to deteriorate into having a go at Refs to the detriment of a good win by Mousehole - but the Ref was poor - players get frustrated by inconsistency and some decisions that were unexplainable.  He made two horrible decisions in the first 10 - and whilst in his mind unbiased he should perhaps consider,  if he knows one team well, think twice about calling players / officials from one team by their first name and not the other - it just raises players backs and then they get too involved themselves - which did happen.

Good win and well done to Kevin and the lads. 

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Cheers Bob,

always nice to be appreciated.

Thought it was generally a good game and a fair result would have been about 4-2.

We started with 5 under 23's and another 5 on the bench. So sticking with the 2/3's of youth.

Still a long way to get but results are starting to come.

Regarding the referee, thought there were a couple of odd decisions, but for both sides. He generally controlled the game well and let it flow. Certainly not somebody we have on a regular basis (2nd time this season) and not a regular at the club.

Good luck to Camelford for the season. I know they were a few missing today, but Reg has a great young squad there and same old same old, but if they all stick together will be a strong side.

Always good to get family bragging rights ;)

12 hours ago, SPB said:

Cheers Bob,

always nice to be appreciated.

Thought it was generally a good game and a fair result would have been about 4-2.

We started with 5 under 23's and another 5 on the bench. So sticking with the 2/3's of youth.

Still a long way to get but results are starting to come.

Regarding the referee, thought there were a couple of odd decisions, but for both sides. He generally controlled the game well and let it flow. Certainly not somebody we have on a regular basis (2nd time this season) and not a regular at the club.

Good luck to Camelford for the season. I know they were a few missing today, but Reg has a great young squad there and same old same old, but if they all stick together will be a strong side.

Always good to get family bragging rights ;)

Steve  - I know your 'EPP' is U23, I always look at a youth policy as u18 with bringing players through to u21 at most -  certainly the lads on the bench have some quality - little Josh coming on was nice to see. 

I think 4-2 would have been harsh on Mousehole ??

Will give you bragging rights after today - you made the difference, but happy enough - hope you guys have a good cup run, we'll be supporting you guys from now on (in the cup) !!

Porthleven 2-4 Bodmin,

After a very long drive down to Porthleven, people were entertained to a good game played in the right way. Pleasing for us to come through un-scathed, we were carrying a few knocks & very leggy from our tough mid-week fixture against St.Austell. With one eye on our important Vase fixture next weekend it gave Gilby the chance to swap it around a bit & rest a few who have played to many games recently, all the lads did their jobs. Awaiting another away draw as that's all we seem to get in cup competitions. Well done to Porthleven, who going forward were good in spells. If they can tighten up at the back  they will have a fair season :thumbsup:

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Porthleven 2-4 Bodmin,

After a very long drive down to Porthleven, people were entertained to a good game played in the right way. Pleasing for us to come through un-scathed, we were carrying a few knocks & very leggy from our tough mid-week fixture against St.Austell. With one eye on our important Vase fixture next weekend it gave Gilby the chance to swap it around a bit & rest a few who have played to many games recently, all the lads did their jobs. Awaiting another away draw as that's all we seem to get in cup competitions. Well done to Porthleven, who going forward were good in spells. If they can tighten up at the back  they will have a fair season :thumbsup:

Almost a compliment to another side other than Newquay, Godolphin, Parkway or Bodmin?:ninja:. I did say almost...

Decided to watch the game as my boys at Sticker didnt have a game (following our defeat in the previous round to Porthleven), I felt Porthleven dominated to begin with but were caught on the break from their own corner and conceded, missed chances really did cost Port with Painter making a couple of cracking stops. Second half, bodmin scored a well worked goal to make it 2-0 and then Port seemed to up their game and levelled. Game could've gone either way but a quick couple of goals late ish on saw Bodmin through. Bodmin looked leggy following their game against St Austell in midweek, rotated a couple. Probably edged it over all mainly on being so clinical in front of goal

Saturday 14th October 2017

SaltashUnited   v Launceston(away)SWPL(League Cup)

Saltash United line-up:Ryan Rickard,Dave Barker,Callum Martindale,Chris Menhenick,Danny Lewis(c),Henry Wilson,

Paul Heveran,Sam Farrant,Sam Hughes,Lewis Young,Dave Trott.

Subs used:Tom King for Dave Trott(73 mins),

Chris Clarke for Paul Heveran(86 mins),

Sam Leary for Chris Clarke(98 mins).

Unused subs:Steve Sargison.

Bookings:Wilson & Young(both yellow).

Result:Launceston 2 Saltash United 2 (AET)

Launceston win 4-2 on penalties  

Scorers:Farrant(51 mins) & Young(75 mins).

Referee:Matthew Carney.

After an even start,the game started to swing the way of Launceston and it took nearly half an hour for the Ashes to get a foot hold.

Just as it looked like Saltash were matching their opponents the home side took the lead on 31 minutes which overall they deserved.On 38 minutes Launceston should have been 2 up when from a flowing move they hit the post when it seemed easier to score.

As the referee blew for half-time the Saltash support had to wonder where an Ashes goal could come from.

The Ashes came out for the second half a different team and took the game to Launceston.It was 1-1 on 51 minutes when from a strong run by Sam Hughes he then played the ball to Sam Farrant who made no mistake.After early second half pressure from the Ashes back came Launceston and from a breakaway Ashes keeper Ryan Rickard had to make a good save and then from another Launceston attack Danny Lewis cleared off the line.Then it was the turn of Saltash with the home keeper having to turn a Dave Trott header over the bar.With 15 minutes left Lewis Young put the Ashes in front for the first time and 10 minutes after that Sam Hughes could have made it 3-1 when 1 on 1 with the keeper who made a great stop.With just 1 minute of time left plus stoppage Launceston scored the equaliser.

In extra-time both sides had chances but no more goals  were scored so it went to a penalty shoot-out.Launcston missed the first but scored the next 4 whilst the Ashes scored the 1st and 4th but failed on 2 & 3.So it is Launceston who progress to the next round of the cup.

3 hours ago, SCFC said:

Almost a compliment to another side other than Newquay, Godolphin, Parkway or Bodmin?:ninja:. I did say almost...

Decided to watch the game as my boys at Sticker didnt have a game (following our defeat in the previous round to Porthleven), I felt Porthleven dominated to begin with but were caught on the break from their own corner and conceded, missed chances really did cost Port with Painter making a couple of cracking stops. Second half, bodmin scored a well worked goal to make it 2-0 and then Port seemed to up their game and levelled. Game could've gone either way but a quick couple of goals late ish on saw Bodmin through. Bodmin looked leggy following their game against St Austell in midweek, rotated a couple. Probably edged it over all mainly on being so clinical in front of goal

I will always tell it how it is SCFC, might offend some people but I don't care! We had an objective & that was to rest as many players as possible & get in to the next round, which we did. That's no disrespect to Porthleven, but after a very difficult fixture midweek at St.Austell & one eye on next weeks FA Vase game Gilby had to play it sensible in regards to selection. You are right Port in spells going forward looked good, just a need a bit more at the back & cut out the naivety & they will be fine. What did make me smile was the excuse my terminology here ( the rather large guy! )  who Port had reportedly just signed, criticising his team's defending & Alan's tactics, suggesting he should of been playing. He was about 20 stone! Think he used to play at St.Austell also. Anyway good luck to Port in their league campaign, as I say we at Bodmin will await another away fixture... :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I will always tell it how it is SCFC, might offend some people but I don't care! We had an objective & that was to rest as many players as possible & get in to the next round, which we did. That's no disrespect to Porthleven, but after a very difficult fixture midweek at St.Austell & one eye on next weeks FA Vase game Gilby had to play it sensible in regards to selection. You are right Port in spells going forward looked good, just a need a bit more at the back & cut out the naivety & they will be fine. What did make me smile was the excuse my terminology here ( the rather large guy! )  who Port had reportedly just signed, criticising his team's defending & Alan's tactics, suggesting he should of been playing. He was about 20 stone! Think he used to play at St.Austell also. Anyway good luck to Port in their league campaign, as I say we at Bodmin will await another away fixture... :thumbsup:

Well to be honest I though my lads did very well on Saturday ! we could have used a shut up shop formation and sat deep but i decided to let them play with freedom and have a go.

Don't accept is was naivety, we had come back from 2 down and felt we could go on to crab it with only 7 or so minutes on the clock, but we got turned over by two pieces of magic from Slates .

Good luck to Bodmin in the next round and in your vase game on Saturday.