Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs FALMOUTH

Went up and watched this match wish i didnt bother it was bloody awful 1st half was a none event each teams passing was awful either goalie had anything to do verypoor ,2nd half Falmouth came out and  had more attacks with Newquay clearing couple off the line Falmouth had a corner and ex Newquay player JORDAN ANNEAR  had a free header and couldnt miss Newquay just didnt mark him at all i think Falmouth wanted the win more than Newquay did tonight because they where very poor .I thougt the ref had a stinker and if he had stamped his authority earlier in the game there wouldnt of been so many silly fouls from both sides . Hard to pick a man of the match but here goes for Newquay Danny O Hagan and for Falmouth no 11 Ollie Walker .Wt ish i had stayed home and watched Emdale and Eastenders  but Newquay will come good again just a bad night at the office

29 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Went up and watched this match wish i didnt bother it was bloody awful 1st half was a none event each teams passing was awful either goalie had anything to do verypoor ,2nd half Falmouth came out and  had more attacks with Newquay clearing couple off the line Falmouth had a corner and ex Newquay player JORDAN ANNEAR  had a free header and couldnt miss Newquay just didnt mark him at all i think Falmouth wanted the win more than Newquay did tonight because they where very poor .I thougt the ref had a stinker and if he had stamped his authority earlier in the game there wouldnt of been so many silly fouls from both sides . Hard to pick a man of the match but here goes for Newquay Danny O Hagan and for Falmouth no 11 Ollie Walker .Wt ish i had stayed home and watched Emdale and Eastenders  but Newquay will come good again just a bad night at the office

You should have stayed home and practised your spelling i think. ??

I have to agree the 1st half wasn't the best with both sets of players seemingly unable to control the ball; the second half did improve with Falmouth being the better team. The only goal was a fine finish by Jordan Annear but he simply left his marker in his wake and had an unopposed header. Newquay never looked like getting back into the match with a couple of appeals in the final 5 minutes; the first looked a blatant penalty when Jack Bray Evans was fouled. But the response by the Newquay players chasing after the referee when he turned the appeal away was a joke.  Some of Falmouth's players didn't coat themselves in glory however when they simply play acted when fouled, even the Falmouth’s goalkeeper said to one Falmouth player who deserves to be on the stage and not on a football pitch well played you fooled the referee on that one. Newquay did go down to 9 players in the latter stages of the game I can't comment on the first sending off as my view was blocked, but  the second was another yellow card and he deserved to go. Overall Newquay didn't have their best night and Falmouth went away with 3 well deserved points.

What an awful offensive performance by Newquay hardly one completed pass by the front four and with three pacy players leading the attack, not one pass made beyond Falmouths back four. Newquay's right back had to go with a high (not aggressive) very very mistimed tackle and the no9 for an obvious second yellow.

Miserable match to watch with so many players constantly moaning at the ref (Falmouths no7in particular) and swearing (as normal !!). Near the end Falmouths left back was fouled and lay on the ground until the ref came over to check him, he then slowly got to his feet, then trotted away laughing,  out of the refs view....but not the linesman!!??

Falmouth the better team with Ollie Walker always an available, skillful, pacey outlet.