Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Deacon

ECPL Rep squad announced to face County Youth

This fixture was arranged to 'help out' Glynn and the County u18 squad in preparation for the start of their campaign and try and go one better than last seasons record breaking side. It's timing was fixed by the County  Youth timetable and so as to not clash with league fixtures.

Last season the Combo brought together a team and made it an enjoyable event and this season the Combo brought together another team and linked it into a great memorial event for Andy Trathen - the idea was, I am sure, for the ECPL to do the same this season and try to get the 'Cornish football community' to support all the youth players from across the County. 

The U18's are good players and most play SWPL (West and some even Prem) and the others ECPL and Combo - so they would give any ECPL or Combo scratch team a very hard game (winning both as it happens this year). 

Some of the comments above are very poor, in my view, it's not about who thinks who's the best players, it's who's available and willing to support the County Youth. 

From me - a big thank you to all those involved in making this game happen, players and coaches, hopefully next season it will happen again, with less unnecessary criticism. 

Not sure why this turned into a thread about Torpoint. From my point of view, a squad was pulled together from multiple clubs, and it was great to see the lads all having a laugh and enjoying themselves - a few friendships were forged and previous rivalries forgotten. Some good players in the Cornwall side, with 2-3 real stars on show - we hit the bar, missed 2 sitters, and the score line could (and should) have been closer. Well done to all involved, an enjoyable evening

11 hours ago, rob brown said:

A lot of players, and it seems this way with torpoint, have a squad that does have players more than capable of playing in the higher leagues. But it’s not always a question of ability, sometimes comes down to commitments and availability. For example. Myself (not saying I am good enough for SWPL but....)Work lots of late shifts through winters and struggle to get weekends covered, 2 children under 19months old, so can’t commit to the training and travel or even to be there every week. 

Stu clark, works the odd Saturday and has a very young family also. Struggles to train so can’t give the commitment levels needed for  SWPL. 

Luke dodderridge the same, as is Darren hicks (who has now gone into management with us), Ben waters doesnt Drive so would need to rely on others to get to and from games, Gaz hird Pete Bradly nick hill, Ben Applegate, all forces lads and are away all week. 

I could go on, but if thees players can’t give the commitment fully to the league, the commitment the league requires and deserves, then why not all play a lower league together and really enjoy playing good football and being able to challenge to win things each year. 

Security breach from Rob Brown, giving the full names of people in the forces 😲 are you crazy there are some pretty radical people in cornwall 👀

The ECPL would like to thank Matt & Mark and all the players who turned out for the league representative team.  Also for St Blazey FC for allowing their ground to be used for the match at such short notice.  

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:44, cornishlegend said:

Most sensible comment to be posted on this pointless topic. At the end of the day Torpoint want to win things. Turning up to play a meanless game on a thursday night. 

Great club uo at torpoint great people around them. Good luck to them. 

My guess is now this game has been played we dont nees to go over the same crap!

Well you can guess what you like

If I or someone else wants to talk about this particular subject we certainly don't need your approval !

If you find it pointless go off and comment on something more interesting

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:37, Brianmooreshead said:

Well you can guess what you like

If I or someone else wants to talk about this particular subject we certainly don't need your approval !

If you find it pointless go off and comment on something more interesting

:yahoo::yahoo::SM_carton: