SWPL - Wednesday 11th October 2017

Wednesday 11th October

PREMIER DIVISION (7.30PM)

Plymouth Parkway    4-1    Ivybridge Town

Saltash United    4-2    Helston Athletic

DIVISION ONE WEST (7.30PM)

St Blazey    3-0    Wendron United

Just now, Sticker Forever said:

Slightly different putting 15 goals past St.Teath than "putting Helston on the back foot" I would suggest with all due respect. Helston have some very good players on their day!! 

Agreed. 

Many sides will be defeated at Saltash this season, in my opinion one of the hardest fixtures of the season

I made my second visit of the season to Kimberley stadium last night, the last one being the 4-3 win against Ivybridge and i have to say what a difference, Saltash seem to have got it together! playing some fabulous football and although letting in 2 goals last night, looking more solid at the back. They looked a very organised outfit. Good width being offered by the wide men. Helston rode their luck in the first half it could and should have been about 5-0 had it not been for the cross bar and some last ditch blocks plus a salatsh goalkeeping error.

However in the end Saltash had to much quality for Helston, who at best Huffed and Puffed. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

http://www.stblazeyafc.co.uk/fixture/st-blazey-v-wendron/

Match report and pictures on the website from last night's 3v0 win. League table and top goal scoreres for St Blazey league games updated. 

Really good performance last night. Maybe the start of something. 3 wins on the bounce. That hasn't happened for a while!!

Blimey Paul, three consecutive wins against ( no disrespect) Bude Town, St.Day Fc, & Wendron United!! A couple seasons ago I saw you beating Saltash & Launceston. You need to get yourself down the Club on snooker nights, the other factions of the Blazey supporters are still very disgruntled & extremely disappointed that they are not even in the top six, or come to that the top 10! Very very sad for a club with a very glittering past that was not so long ago. Will catch you at Co-Op soon for a natter, after I have checked the floors around the self service tills for loose change :thumbsup:

Jut to add on this weeks evidance Bodmin and Saltash are still in the title race. Id say it could go to either Parkway, Tavistock, Bodmin or Saltash. 

Parkway will have a rocky spell. 

52 minutes ago, Hetty said:

Jut to add on this weeks evidance Bodmin and Saltash are still in the title race. Id say it could go to either Parkway, Tavistock, Bodmin or Saltash. 

Parkway will have a rocky spell. 

Really? 13 straight wins says to me that they are pretty consistent. Two horse race (Argyle doesn't count) between Parkway and Tavi. 

Didnt Saltash win the first 10 games last season only to scrape home in second ? 

Im not saying that parkway wont win the league, im just saying its not dead certain purely because of thier good start. 

To be fair, Parkway had an awful first Half yesterday and created very little but they have too much quality to lose any games this season. I would be surprised if they didn’t Remain unbeaten in every game. I thought Ivybridge gave 100% last night and at the end were still way off Parkways quality and The players that were on the bench last night came on and changed the game ! 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Parkway manager so angry !  but he is a perfectionist and made the necessary changes to win the game. Ivybridge didn’t deserve to be beaten by 4-1 to be fair and overall it was a very interesting battle. For me both Left backs were awesome ! Lane for Ivies and Jordan Trott  for Parkway

Long way to go this season. During the treble winning campaign they made a similar flying start and then had a sticky spell in February/March (remember defeats away to Godolphin, Blazey and Saltash and home to Ivybridge in this spell). The title wasn't won until the very last game . Have to be favourites, but a lot of games to go in which a lot can happen. Especially if it is another wet winter down in the South West, the fixtures can really pile up in the spring.

4 hours ago, El Nino said:

Really? 13 straight wins says to me that they are pretty consistent. Two horse race (Argyle doesn't count) between Parkway and Tavi. 

Lost 1st game of season in FA Cup. Won all 15 since then. 12 in league, 2 FA Vase & 1 Devon Charity Bowl. 

5 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Blimey Paul, three consecutive wins against ( no disrespect) Bude Town, St.Day Fc, & Wendron United!! A couple seasons ago I saw you beating Saltash & Launceston. You need to get yourself down the Club on snooker nights, the other factions of the Blazey supporters are still very disgruntled & extremely disappointed that they are not even in the top six, or come to that the top 10! Very very sad for a club with a very glittering past that was not so long ago. Will catch you at Co-Op soon for a natter, after I have checked the floors around the self service tills for loose change :thumbsup:

We can only beat what's put in front of us. Things are improving. We have plenty of games in hand on almost every team. It's a long old season. Plenty of time to climb the table yet. Things are coming along nicely. No one need worry to much. :thumbsup: No self service tills by the way. :ph34r:   

On 12/10/2017 at 12:13, Way Of The Park said:

Long way to go this season. During the treble winning campaign they made a similar flying start and then had a sticky spell in February/March (remember defeats away to Godolphin, Blazey and Saltash and home to Ivybridge in this spell). The title wasn't won until the very last game . Have to be favourites, but a lot of games to go in which a lot can happen. Especially if it is another wet winter down in the South West, the fixtures can really pile up in the spring.

Hi buddy, with respect though,The wage bill was probably less than half of what it is now and the overall quality of the squad is far better this time round. It’s a fantastic achievement so far but not unsurprising considering the players at the clubs disposal.