St Austell      0,    Bodmin Town    3
Torpoint Athletic     6,    Cullompton Rangers    1

DIVISION ONE EAST
Axminster Town      3,    St Martins    1
Bovey Tracey      2,    Teignmouth    1

DIVISION ONE WEST
Wadebridge Town      3,    Penzance    3

7 hours ago, beacon said:

Good win for Bodmin at St.Austell played well and could have been a lot more than 3-0 they dominated St.Austell all over the park,the front two and midfield ran through St.Austell with ease and back three relatively untroubled for large parts of the game 

Agreed Beacon! Very dominant display, & your correct when you said we should of scored more. I think we could of pinched 5/6 goals, but will take a 3 nil away from home at Poltair! St.Austell's back line very slow which we took advantage of. Great result as we are a new team in progress who still have only played 8/10 competitive games together, you can see now why Gilby turned down St.Austell & their huge wage structure to build something good again at Bodmin, which like everybody says takes time. A few heavy legs &  a couple injuries for us last night, next up a very long trip down to Porthleven in the cup, where Bodmin have an affiliation with Alan Carey from time gone by, so don't be surprised to see a weakened side out, a side that would obviously do a job, but not the full contingent that might of  made it a rout. Alan's name funnily enough mentioned after the game last night by a St.Austell supporter for the position at Poltair. Anyway, pull your pants up Town lads, its only a game :thumbsup:

Comments taken from Facebook on last night’s Wadebridge v Penzance match :”Another action packed game at Wadebridge tonight , 3-3 draw with Penzance, 4 sendings off all for Penzance ( 2 players, Manager and Assistant ) . Seems to be sad lack of proper defenders around nowadays though, they all think they can play like Beckenbauer ( although most have probably never heard of him ) instead of doing their basic defensive jobs.”

8 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Agreed Beacon! Very dominant display, & your correct when you said we should of scored more. I think we could of pinched 5/6 goals, but will take a 3 nil away from home at Poltair! St.Austell's back line very slow which we took advantage of. Great result as we are a new team in progress who still have only played 8/10 competitive games together, you can see now why Gilby turned down St.Austell & their huge wage structure to build something good again at Bodmin, which like everybody says takes time. A few heavy legs &  a couple injuries for us last night, next up a very long trip down to Porthleven in the cup, where Bodmin have an affiliation with Alan Carey from time gone by, so don't be surprised to see a weakened side out, a side that would obviously do a job, but not the full contingent that might of  made it a rout. Alan's name funnily enough mentioned after the game last night by a St.Austell supporter for the position at Poltair. Anyway, pull your pants up Town lads, its only a game :thumbsup:

Naughty naughty Terry ! Are you trying mind games on Alan and his boys down at porthleven .They might turn you over especially if as you say you could have a weekend side .

Just now, mattelot said:

Naughty naughty Terry ! Are you trying mind games on Alan and his boys down at porthleven .They might turn you over especially if as you say you could have a weakend side .

13 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Comments taken from Facebook on last night’s Wadebridge v Penzance match :”Another action packed game at Wadebridge tonight , 3-3 draw with Penzance, 4 sendings off all for Penzance ( 2 players, Manager and Assistant ) . Seems to be sad lack of proper defenders around nowadays though, they all think they can play like Beckenbauer ( although most have probably never heard of him ) instead of doing their basic defensive jobs.”

I really was hoping to get to Wadebridge last night but sadly couldn't make it. 

What a game I missed!

4 sent off, have the wheels come off for Penzance with Wayne Quinn & Ron being sent off! I don't know a lot about these people but doesn't sound very professional to me. Very sad day in Cornish football!

1 hour ago, burt said:

I really was hoping to get to Wadebridge last night but sadly couldn't make it. 

What a game I missed!

4 sent off, have the wheels come off for Penzance with Wayne Quinn & Ron being sent off! I don't know a lot about these people but doesn't sound very professional to me. Very sad day in Cornish football!

Wheels off?? Really.. ?

5 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Knowing Ron he was probably carrying on the 'prevado' just to copy Wayne ! Get some of the lime light, should be in panto :thumbsup:

Only a few games in to the new managers term & 4 sent off including himself, how ill disciplined & unprofessional from people in this day & age.

Read the thread Digger. Only two players, which is bad enough, but the Manager and his assistant is far more worrying for the Club and general discipline. I suspect that their marching orders weren't for two yellows!

There seems to be a degree of reluctance to inform us of just why the managerial duo were sent packing, so we'll just have to go on thinking the worst, as ''tis human nature!

8 hours ago, Joe Slovo said:

"Couldn't get there " Burtt  , you probably had the same distance to travel as us. Green with envy perhaps.

I live in Truro, i travel to many different ground in my time in Cornwall, many times to your ground, I have probably been to every ground in Devon & Cornwall, so not sure what you getting at Joe?

On 10/10/2017 at 23:42, The Windmill On The Shirt said:

Great win for Torpoint Athletic tonight with a Ben Waters hat trick and Danny Zalick, Rory Simmons and Lee Bevan our captain with a penalty with the goals in front of an 108 crowd. A good all round performance!

Watched the game the lad walts was unplayable at times . Doesn't he normally play for the ECPL maybe the mangement team should promote a load of the seconds . Watched them the other day and they were pure class at least 6/7 could play for the SWPL side . 

6 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Read the thread Digger. Only two players, which is bad enough, but the Manager and his assistant is far more worrying for the Club and general discipline. I suspect that their marching orders weren't for two yellows!

There seems to be a degree of reluctance to inform us of just why the managerial duo were sent packing, so we'll just have to go on thinking the worst, as ''tis human nature!

I believe both managers were sent off because they were questioning some decisions which the referee made during the game. I wasn't there so cannot add much except it seems the ref was not open to any discussion or explanations-  which is his right but unusual in this day and age; this obviously caused a fair amount of frustration!

8 hours ago, John Mead said:

I believe both managers were sent off because they were questioning some decisions which the referee made during the game. I wasn't there so cannot add much except it seems the ref was not open to any discussion or explanations-  which is his right but unusual in this day and age; this obviously caused a fair amount of frustration!

If you call foul and (extremely) abusive lauguage 'questioning some decisions' then sir you need to have a serious chat with yourself! I was at the game and the majority (they'll always be a few hiccups) of the officials decisions, and in particular the big calls they got correct. Usual manager / player frustration coming out in swearing when they feel they're not getting the calls from the officials when in actual fact it's because they were not theirs in the the first place! I hope the CCFA throw the book at the manager and assistants and start setting an example instead of a measly 3 match touchline ban or some rubbish!!!!!

On 12/10/2017 at 23:05, Cornwall football fan✋ said:

Watched the game the lad walts was unplayable at times . Doesn't he normally play for the ECPL maybe the mangement team should promote a load of the seconds . Watched them the other day and they were pure class at least 6/7 could play for the SWPL side . 

He played today and got the winner in the League Cup he is now coming a more regular member of the 1st team, now scored four goals in two games!

Looks like there is a good spread of players at Torpoint who could play through the teams but to keep a team together as a unit is a good tactic as they bond and know eachother etc. I have seen Walts play and he can be fantastic at times, there are also several decent players in the ECPL team that could step up, why pay the SWPL team 20 to 50 a game when there is so much talent in the other teams