Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & ECPL Coverage in the Plymouth Herald has CEASED.

SWPL & ECPL Coverage in the Plymouth Herald has CEASED.

I gather many of you have noticed that the Plymouth Herald has ceased publishing reviews and previews and match reports of both the SWPL and ECPL. Tim Herbert has done a great job in covering the SWPL and I have worked hard to get the ECPL in the paper but after today's publication that is it. Indeed it has been replaced Two, yes two pages of photographs of their team of the week. Last week it was Saltash United and this week Plymstock United.

The whole object of a newspaper is to offer to its readers not only up to date news but up to date Sports news as well including football. It took me some time to get them to publish the ECPL and they did well by giving the league much prominence with reports and pictures. But suddenly they have stopped publishing both the SWPL and ECPL yet no reason given. What are your views on the coverage received of both leagues in the local press.

The Western Morning News only interested the the three Devon Professional Clubs plus Yeovil.

Truro City might get a mention now and again. And 75p for 40 pages Mon-Fri complete rip off. 

And summer time they have completely ignored  the Cornish Cricket previews come Friday / Saturday, glad i don't buy it. 

And as for the Weekly 'Cornish Guardian' well the Sports Coverage in such small print, three condensed pages of all sports but a real 'dogs dinner' of presentation that turns you off reading as soon as you open the pages.  Quick scan at my local 'Costa' is enough.

Thank goodness we still have the 'Indy' on a Sunday.   

On 07/10/2017 at 08:33, David Bray said:

The Western Morning News only interested the the three Devon Professional Clubs plus Yeovil.

Truro City might get a mention now and again. And 75p for 40 pages Mon-Fri complete rip off. 

And summer time they have completely ignored  the Cornish Cricket previews come Friday / Saturday, glad i don't buy it. 

And as for the Weekly 'Cornish Guardian' well the Sports Coverage in such small print, three condensed pages of all sports but a real 'dogs dinner' of presentation that turns you off reading as soon as you open the pages.  Quick scan at my local 'Costa' is enough.

Thank goodness we still have the 'Indy' on a Sunday.   

My final word on the subject.

This weekend, Friday and Saturday editions , no mention whats- so - ever of any of the  Cornish Clubs , not even Truro City.