Cornwall Football Forum

GODOLPHIN VS BODMIN TOWN

Big match in the Senior cup tmmrw at Godolphin Way , should be good and i hope the G win but i just cant see it Bodmin have some brilliant players and my fav striker for  years has been Adam Carter and i think he will get a hat trick , but they also have 1 of the best defenders around in Steve Simmonds and then theres Ollie Brokenshire great player but i do think Bodmin have weaknesses in there team and i dont think the goalie Dave Painter is in the same calibre as Kev Miller and last seasons Goalie Kyle Moore .I hope when i hear the team announced tmmrw Aaron Dilley and Jamie Lowry are in the team then i think they may have a chance but i have predicted a 5 -1 win to Bodmin so im expecting Leeds United to come back with his comments after the match tmmrw win or loose . Good luck to Newquay vs the Padstow lads

Back from a wet and  awful weather the game wasnt too bad but Bodmin class told really they do have some brilliant players but the G had there chances but put thre final shot straight at the Bodmin goalie Dave Painter every time 3 pens in the game all clear cut with Ethan FEARN having a couple of rush of blood to the head moments rushing out and taking the Bodmin player out 1 when the Bodmin player was going away from goal and1 goalby a careless pass by Jamie Lowry presented Bodmin with a goal ,which was very unusual for Jamie his passing is usually brilliant . My man Adam Carter like i said before the match would get a hat trick and he duelly obliged me but you didnt get 5 like i said you would Bodmin so u messed up my prediction .Bodmin had some class subs to bring on and when Ben Watson came on he was brilliant . My  man of the match has to go to Adam Carter not just for his hat trick but his overall play and hes 1 hell of a good player man of the match for the G is a hard 1 but giving it to Tom Shepherd who  i thought had a good game had a few flash point moments when Ollie Brokenshire got taken out and it didnt look like he would be able to continue but after the magical Bodmin sponge he was up and running like a 2 year old another incident when Phil Lowry gor fouled for the G and brother Jamie thought u dont do that to my bro and seeked revenge in the end both Lowry brothers wher booked well it looked like it from the back of the grandstand . Well don Bodmin class side and Well done to the G for competing well

16 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Leeds United are you feeling alright your being nice the G Do have some really good players a few missingtoday but was well beaten by a very good Bodmin team Steve Simmonds and Jake ASH in defenc just class and Adam Carter what a player he is

100%Cornish, I always speak as it is, it does not sometimes sit well with people but I will always speak as I find. Godolphin are a very well run club, & with some direction they will have have a very good side. Some great players just currently lacking a figure head, my opinion only!

Thought Godolphin played fairly well today but Bodmin just managed to step up a gear and did what a top team do a take chances, Tbf G didn't help themselves giving away 2 blatant pens and it's always going to be hard to come back from that, Bodmin will be top 4 this year with Parkway taking the league with ease, just simply too much quality for others to contend with but that's what you pay the big bucks for, like how Bodmins squad has a bit more of a Cornish feel to it this year instead of the past with loads of Plymouth players, not a great season start to the season for Godolphin but when they've got a full team they've probably got one of the best squads in the league on one of the lowest budgets, impressive stuff, just just the ethos and club values. As long as the Lowry brothers are playing and once Scott Flanagan,  Connor Jamison and striker Kane and others come back from injuries Godolphin will be a hand full. Carter will score a hat full of goals this year and Bodmin look Strong, only weakness I'd say a pace and the back may get exploited by the better teams.