Cornwall Football Forum

Only a fiver for Truro's game on Saturday!

Absolutely fantastic news that Truro City are supporting the NON LEAGUE DAY on Saturday and reducing the entrance fee down to just £5 for adults/concessions and FREE for under-16s.

TRURO CITY  v  HAMPTON 7 RICHMOND BOROUGH (3.00pm)

A win for Truro will not only mean nine in a row for them, but it will also be a further boost for them as they play the same opposition a week later away in the FA Cup.

12 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

No thanks ...I'll watch a Trelawney league match ....good stuff.

Nice little trip down to St Keverne for you on Saturday then boy, luvvly jubbly. If I wasn't so busy we could have gone down together and both done a bit of fishing off the Manacles on the way. Pity I shall be so busy dropping fans off at Treyew Road. Busy day for Ray2b Taxis. Let me know if you want to borrow my Sat Nav.:smiley20:

22 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Wouldn't expect anything less from such a loyal red and black supporter. Anyway the tide will be out Saturday afternoon Older so you would not be able to get your punt up to Malpas Park. :thumbsup:

I forgot, our combo team are over Carrarack in the senior cup ....that's where I will be, tough match for sure.

With the amount of rain around, I decided to take advantage of the £5 entry offer and visit Treyew Road for the first time in several years rather than trekking to somewhere without cover. The ground, isn't, however, designed to hold over 500 in conditions like this, only those in the "old" seated area and the front row of the covered standing getting a decent view (needs a couple of steps to make sure more people can see the action!). The formerly open stand on the other side with it's canvass roof being open to the elements on all four sides did little to keep its occupants dry.

Both sides did their best to put together a decent game, but conditions were very challenging throughout and as mentioned above, what we actually got was pretty poor for the nominal level. I mentally scored it pretty level, chances few and far between and neither side deserving to lose.

The pitch held up better than it looked like it was going to after the first 10 minutes, but the groundsman will have some work to do on the areas where the assistants run up and down as they both resembled mudbaths by the end.

I didn't sample any of the food on offer, but I did foolishly try a "Cappecino" from the burger van, tasted awful and the water wasn't hot enough to dissolve all the power. Two mouthfuls and the rest of it had to be chucked away!

The PA announcer was a bit of a character, sounded really nervous at times, rushing through the team lineups pre-match at 100mph, and suffering some serious pauses during halftime, but make me smile when announcing the league sponsors at half time say that was the second time they had to do it, by league rule!

In summary, a very wet day out but well done to City for the cheaper admission offer, and I hope the ladies braving the conditions collecting for Alzheimer's disease made a decent amount with their bucket collection.