Cornwall Football Forum

Off to Hampton in next round of FA Cup!

I see that a few Clubs,in the Cup draw,are thanking there supporters,by laying on free transport to get to their away ties.

Would'nt it be a great gesture,by Peter Masters,to lay on some free transport for supporters,to get to the game ,and maybe witness more history.

After all £7,500 was won for the last victory.

There was a rumour,that half that money was given to the squad.

Be nice to reward the supporters as well.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

I see that a few Clubs,in the Cup draw,are thanking there supporters,by laying on free transport to get to their away ties.

Would'nt it be a great gesture,by Peter Masters,to lay on some free transport for supporters,to get to the game ,and maybe witness more history.

Surely you wouldn't use the free transport if it was laid on?

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Not a rumour, he said it himself on BBC Radio Cornwall

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Truro v Argyle wouldn't happen, the fixture would be reversed I.e. Argyle v Truro, and yes it would indeed pack Home Park out

Be a shame if this happened. Be nice to see Treyew packed out for possibly one last time!

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

The gods have smiled on Truro. Hopefully they'll get a good 1st round tie!

Counting chickens comes to mind! The wonder of the Cup; Truro could well have a resounding win in the league at home next week then crash horribly away the following one. Sincerely hope it doesn't happen but beware tempting the fickle gods of footballing fate.

Have to be very honest here. As a Falmouth Town fan I really hope that Truro don't win this one.  The one thing Town fans can still claim bragging rights to is being the only Cornish team to qualify for the 1st round proper.

Sorry for all the "Doing it for Cornwall" believers out there but there it is!

41 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Have to be very honest here. As a Falmouth Town fan I really hope that Truro don't win this one.  The one thing Town fans can still claim bragging rights to is being the only Cornish team to qualify for the 1st round proper.

Sorry for all the "Doing it for Cornwall" believers out there but there it is!

Don't worry, the record may get broken but we have done it with more money and played less games

No truth in the rumour at all Goldeneye, unfortunately for SS he is one of the designated drivers poor sod, no fun at all driving all that way and not being able to wet your whistle. I should know as I coordinated the away travel back in the Heaney years although I do have to own up to sinking the odd one or two. Unable to risk it now being the owner of Truro's premier Taxi Company, nameley Henrys Taxi's otherwise known as Ray2b.:smiley20:

5 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Truro are only 3 wins and a couple of kind draws away from the FA cup 3rd round!!! Don't know bout Argyle at Treyew Road you might see Spurs making a revisit 40 years on from their last one! ?

You never know, I've kept my ticket stub from the Sudbury game and will keep from remaining home games, I'd hate to lose out to people who never go

On 10/2/2017 at 20:21, Bruegel the Elder said:

Truro v Argyle wouldn't happen, the fixture would be reversed I.e. Argyle v Truro, and yes it would indeed pack Home Park out and might even get the nod from the television media.

I think the FA have recently banned fixture reversals. The home club would need to find a suitable venue, say Exeter lol

On 03/10/2017 at 15:58, Rayvon said:

No truth in the rumour at all Goldeneye, unfortunately for SS he is one of the designated drivers poor sod, no fun at all driving all that way and not being able to wet your whistle. I should know as I coordinated the away travel back in the Heaney years although I do have to own up to sinking the odd one or two. Unable to risk it now being the owner of Truro's premier Taxi Company, nameley Henrys Taxi's otherwise known as Ray2b.:smiley20:

Or bat man and robin ! ?

If Truro do make it to the first round draw, and good luck to them from a Falmouth Supporter, at least it will be a few years before they match the record of 'three' times of playing in the first round proper - and I really believe that this is a record to be around for many more years yet!

On 03/10/2017 at 03:23, Bruegel the Elder said:

Counting chickens comes to mind! The wonder of the Cup; Truro could well have a resounding win in the league at home next week then crash horribly away the following one. Sincerely hope it doesn't happen but beware tempting the fickle gods of footballing fate.

The problem, as I see it, is quite straightforward, the opposition wanted to win as well, how jolt unsporting of them, daring to challenge the league leaders! 

Next week is now a problem, they've got their tails up and they're at home. I really hope Truro will pull something out of the bag but it's going to be hard graft. As they say; anything can happen in the Cup, unfortunately the same goes for the league!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s a shame the whole club doesn’t seem to be able to get together!

Its a known fact,some people at the Club,just dont want TISA anywhere near it.

At the end of last season,progress was being made between TISA and the Official Supporters Club.

TISA 's Secretary and the Supporters Club Chairman,had some really encouraging discussion's about the future.

But Im afraid at the Supporters Club AGM.The Chairman was removed from his duties and replaced by a new Chairman.

The new Chairman,has a different attitude,Im afraid.

So now we are at,where we have always been.

8 hours ago, somersetspur said:

It does not look like the Club are laying on any transport for supporters to travel and maybe witness TCFC make history,tomorrow.

Even the Official Supporters Club cannot organise a bus ,because of a lack of drivers,and are trying to sort some cars.

Dont worry TISA will be there.

Radio Cornwall are making the journey today and are giving it full publicity

I just got back from my local where I bumped into an ex Senior player and he told me that last Saturday, Hampton & R B .FC stayed at the Camborne Weatherspoons last Friday and he met up with the players and officials at there evening meal at Tyacks where he had a good social with the Hampton contingent-(The heart of  Cornwall Rugby)

On 02/10/2017 at 20:54, somersetspur said:

David what clubs have you seen offering free transport other than possibly a few seats on the team bus? - I ask because I am not aware of any.

I don't think clubs like Truro should provide FREE Transport.

We all know without seeing any figures that the team is heavily subsidised with it costing more to run than the attendance revenue.

3 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Hello Dave :- "Free transport" is mentioned twice in the posting.

This is the 2nd Quote - Would'nt it be a great gesture,by Peter Masters,to lay on some free transport for supporters,to get to the game ,

Sorry Ivor - I only looked at the post written on Friday. You prompted me to look further back and of course you’re quite right.

Not sure why it was originally suggested might be free. Wouldn’t make sense!

On 03/10/2017 at 13:07, Cornubia Tiger said:

Don't worry, the record may get broken but we have done it with more money and played less games

48 years of inflation £ for £ at current values NO

On 04/10/2017 at 00:04, baldy said:

I think the FA have recently banned fixture reversals. The home club would need to find a suitable venue, say Exeter lol

9. VENUE FOR MATCHES
(a) Venue
(i) The venue of each match (save for the Semi-Finals or Final which will be played at
venues selected by the Professional Game Board) will be that of the first named Club.
Subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and 9(a)(iii) such match shall be played on that
ground unless the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any
change of venue. In the case of a replay, subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and
9(a)(iii), the match shall be played on the ground of the second drawn Club, unless
the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any change of
venue.
(ii) For a tie to be played on the ground of a Club outside The FA Premier League or Football
League playing a Club from The FA Premier League or The Football League, the Home
Club shall take all necessary steps to liaise with the local enforcing authority and/or Police
to assess the suitability from a safety or security point of view of staging a tie at the
ground. Any such assessment shall be completed within three days of the date of the
Draw (or the date of the drawn tie in the case of a replay) or such longer period as shall
be agreed by The Association.
The Home Club shall forthwith notify the outcome of the assessment to The Association
along with such documentation supporting the assessment as may be required by The
Association.
The Association will decide whether to allow and require the match to be played at such
ground or not, taking into account the assessment and any supporting documentation.
In the event that The Association allows and requires the match to be played at that
ground, the Away Club may still lodge a protest under the provision of Competition Rule
9(b) if applicable.
In the event that The Association decides not to allow the match to be played at that
ground then the first alternative ground shall be the nearest suitable ground subject to
the agreement of the Professional Game Board.
(iii) In any event, the Professional Game Board shall have the power to order that any
match be played on an alternative ground or date, including a Sunday, if it is
considered appropriate and necessary. For ties switched from the ground of the Club
first drawn, then the Professional Game Board shall determine the financial conditions
in which the tie shall be played and this may include, any excess receipts to be paid
into the Pool.
(iv) No monetary or other consideration shall be asked for, offered or paid in connection
with negotiations for a change of venue.
(v) Any Club with a tie switched after declaring that the ground has been authorised to a
capacity agreed with the local enforcing authority or Police may be refused entry into
the Competition for the following season and be subject to such other action as the
Professional Game Board shall deem necessary.
(b) Protests Regarding the Suitability of Ground
(i) A Club may protest to the Professional Game Board that the ground of the Home
Club is unsuitable for the match. Such protest must be made to the Professional
Game Board and must be accompanied by a fee of £250, which may be forfeited if
the protest is not sustained.
(ii) The Professional Game Board shall have the power to consider the protest in such
manner and following such procedures as it considers appropriate. The Professional
Game Board may amongst other things order the match to be played on the ground of
the protesting Club, or on a neutral ground. The payment of the costs incurred by
either Club or The Association incidental to the protest shall be at the discretion of the
Professional Game Board.
(c) Ground Sharing
Clubs with ground sharing agreements must arrange for ties to be played on Friday,
Saturday or Sunday. If a clash of fixtures occurs with the sharing Club or other Sport, if for
any reason a tie is unable to be played on the ground of the first drawn Club on a Saturday,
the tie must be played on either the day before, i.e. on Friday, or the day after, i.e. on
Sunday on the ground of the First drawn Club. If Clubs are unable to agree on the date,
then it will be played on the Sunday, unless the Professional Game Board decides
otherwise. The decision of the Professional Game Board shall be final and binding.

FIXTURE REVERSALS CAN STILL BE POSSIBLE (the three day notification period could be a busy time.