Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Deacon

Off to Hampton in next round of FA Cup!

Truro City are away to fellow Vanarama National League South Hampton & Richmond Borough in the 4th  qualifying round of the FA Cup. Hampton are currently 17th in the league table.
The tie is to take place be on the weekend of October 14th.

Its a great draw.

AWAY to a side who have only won twice in the League.

Truro City will go there with no fear,and will have a good chance of progressing.

One thing for sure with the AWAY draw,there will be a cracking atmosphere,much better than Treyew Rd.

I see that a few Clubs,in the Cup draw,are thanking there supporters,by laying on free transport to get to their away ties.

Would'nt it be a great gesture,by Peter Masters,to lay on some free transport for supporters,to get to the game ,and maybe witness more history.

After all £7,500 was won for the last victory.

There was a rumour,that half that money was given to the squad.

Be nice to reward the supporters as well.

1 hour ago, somersetspur said:

I see that a few Clubs,in the Cup draw,are thanking there supporters,by laying on free transport to get to their away ties.

Would'nt it be a great gesture,by Peter Masters,to lay on some free transport for supporters,to get to the game ,and maybe witness more history.

After all £7,500 was won for the last victory.

Be nice to reward the supporters as well.

Surely you wouldn't use the free transport if it was laid on?

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Not a rumour, he said it himself on BBC Radio Cornwall

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Truro v Argyle wouldn't happen, the fixture would be reversed I.e. Argyle v Truro, and yes it would indeed pack Home Park out

Be a shame if this happened. Be nice to see Treyew packed out for possibly one last time!

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

The gods have smiled on Truro. Hopefully they'll get a good 1st round tie!

Counting chickens comes to mind! The wonder of the Cup; Truro could well have a resounding win in the league at home next week then crash horribly away the following one. Sincerely hope it doesn't happen but beware tempting the fickle gods of footballing fate.

Have to be very honest here. As a Falmouth Town fan I really hope that Truro don't win this one.  The one thing Town fans can still claim bragging rights to is being the only Cornish team to qualify for the 1st round proper.

Sorry for all the "Doing it for Cornwall" believers out there but there it is!

41 minutes ago, The Town Man said:

Have to be very honest here. As a Falmouth Town fan I really hope that Truro don't win this one.  The one thing Town fans can still claim bragging rights to is being the only Cornish team to qualify for the 1st round proper.

Sorry for all the "Doing it for Cornwall" believers out there but there it is!

Don't worry, the record may get broken but we have done it with more money and played less games

No truth in the rumour at all Goldeneye, unfortunately for SS he is one of the designated drivers poor sod, no fun at all driving all that way and not being able to wet your whistle. I should know as I coordinated the away travel back in the Heaney years although I do have to own up to sinking the odd one or two. Unable to risk it now being the owner of Truro's premier Taxi Company, nameley Henrys Taxi's otherwise known as Ray2b.:smiley20:

5 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Truro are only 3 wins and a couple of kind draws away from the FA cup 3rd round!!! Don't know bout Argyle at Treyew Road you might see Spurs making a revisit 40 years on from their last one! 😀

You never know, I've kept my ticket stub from the Sudbury game and will keep from remaining home games, I'd hate to lose out to people who never go

On 10/2/2017 at 20:21, Bruegel the Elder said:

Truro v Argyle wouldn't happen, the fixture would be reversed I.e. Argyle v Truro, and yes it would indeed pack Home Park out and might even get the nod from the television media.

I think the FA have recently banned fixture reversals. The home club would need to find a suitable venue, say Exeter lol

On 03/10/2017 at 15:58, Rayvon said:

No truth in the rumour at all Goldeneye, unfortunately for SS he is one of the designated drivers poor sod, no fun at all driving all that way and not being able to wet your whistle. I should know as I coordinated the away travel back in the Heaney years although I do have to own up to sinking the odd one or two. Unable to risk it now being the owner of Truro's premier Taxi Company, nameley Henrys Taxi's otherwise known as Ray2b.:smiley20:

Or bat man and robin ! 👍

If Truro do make it to the first round draw, and good luck to them from a Falmouth Supporter, at least it will be a few years before they match the record of 'three' times of playing in the first round proper - and I really believe that this is a record to be around for many more years yet!

On 03/10/2017 at 03:23, Bruegel the Elder said:

Counting chickens comes to mind! The wonder of the Cup; Truro could well have a resounding win in the league at home next week then crash horribly away the following one. Sincerely hope it doesn't happen but beware tempting the fickle gods of footballing fate.

The problem, as I see it, is quite straightforward, the opposition wanted to win as well, how jolt unsporting of them, daring to challenge the league leaders! 

Next week is now a problem, they've got their tails up and they're at home. I really hope Truro will pull something out of the bag but it's going to be hard graft. As they say; anything can happen in the Cup, unfortunately the same goes for the league!

40 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Its not easy to play football on a rice pudding, hopefully the conditions will be more favourable next week and the that the best footballing team wins.

Lidl do a nice rice pudding !😀

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Not got one of them in Truro, taxis too expensive to travel to Falmouth. :thumbsup:

One being built along treyew rd very soon apparently.ideal for the new housing estate at Copperfield .

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Don't you mean ON Treyew road (?)

No Older, it would cause all sorts of traffic jams, worse than the worstest pothole!

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Yes older ! I was trying to be a bit more subtle though .👍 😊

mattlot / subtle.....Does not compute‼️

It does not look like the Club are laying on any transport for supporters to travel and maybe witness TCFC make history,tomorrow.

Even the Official Supporters Club cannot organise a bus ,because of a lack of drivers,and are trying to sort some cars.

Dont worry TISA will be there.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

It’s a shame the whole club doesn’t seem to be able to get together!

Its a known fact,some people at the Club,just dont want TISA anywhere near it.

At the end of last season,progress was being made between TISA and the Official Supporters Club.

TISA 's Secretary and the Supporters Club Chairman,had some really encouraging discussion's about the future.

But Im afraid at the Supporters Club AGM.The Chairman was removed from his duties and replaced by a new Chairman.

The new Chairman,has a different attitude,Im afraid.

So now we are at,where we have always been.