Cornwall Football Forum

Cally/Parkway ground names

On 29/09/2017 at 18:04, Fanfare said:

How long has Callington's ground been known as Marshfield Park? (Previously known as The Marsh).

How long has Plymouth Parkway's ground been known as Bolitho Park? Named after author Janie Bolitho. Was there a name or was it just Manadon Arena?

I think that Bolitho Park has been Bolitho Park from the very beginning. I believe that Janie Bolitho was one of if not their very first sponsors so they named the ground after her. 

On 29/09/2017 at 18:04, Fanfare said:

How long has Callington's ground been known as Marshfield Park? (Previously known as The Marsh).

How long has Plymouth Parkway's ground been known as Bolitho Park? Named after author Janie Bolitho. Was there a name or was it just Manadon Arena?

Hi guys, perhaps I can answer one part of this for you. Bolitho Park as you rightly say was named after the Cornish author Janie Bolitho. Janie is the late wife of the clubs current President, Jim Parsons. Plymouth Parkway were sponsored by Janie and the 1st team wore her name on their shirts, because at the time she quite a few books in circulation.

Plymouth Parkway have played at Bolitho Park ( formally part of the Naval Engineering College at Manadon) for around 14 years.

RVP

2 hours ago, RobinVanParkway said:

Hi guys, perhaps I can answer one part of this for you. Bolitho Park as you rightly say was named after the Cornish author Janie Bolitho. Janie is the late wife of the clubs current President, Jim Parsons. Plymouth Parkway were sponsored by Janie and the 1st team wore her name on their shirts, because at the time she quite a few books in circulation.

Plymouth Parkway have played at Bolitho Park ( formally part of the Naval Engineering College at Manadon) for around 14 years.

RVP

2003/04 - present