Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs St Austell

Should be a very good game at Godolphin Way tmmrw be interesting to see who the G have in goal seeing there goalie Ethan Fearn will be suspnded after his sending off the other week . Its been a funny season for St Austel so far 1 week brilliant and awful the next but they do have some great players in Martin Giles who i think is a real leader and they got 1 of the best free kick takers in the league in Martin Watts the G have the best in our own Jamie Lowry but Liam Eddy is a top striker and he could be the star player for St Austell tmmrw and as much as i like the G I think St Austell will go away with the 3 points tmmrw hope im wrong also hope it stays dry

Watched the G loose 2-3 This afternoon after being 2-0 up the G had a scratch team this afternoon with so many payers missing dont know who the goalie for the G was he was a big lad and done very well in the 1st half but was at fault for 2 of St Austells goals from set pieces when he failed to hold the ball from corners but overall i thought he was good .The G went in at ht 2-0 up but you knew this wasnt going to be enough with the talent they had on there bench in Wearn , Lean , Richardson Fyneboy ,and when you got a player of the calibre of Martin Giles in your team you have a chance and it was to proof as he scored 2 of St Austells goal and Will tinsley got the winner in time added on but overall i think St Austell deserved there win they had a good goal dissalowed and a marvellous goal line clearance from Tom Shepherd when Liam Eddy had gone around the goalie and had a empty goal to shoot at but what a saving block by Tom Shepherd .I thought the game turned when the subs came on but Rob Wearne missed a easy chance for St Austell when he headed wide but the player that turned the game for me was Dan Lean i would of given him mom but that has to go to Martin Giles who was superb like he always is mom for the G goes to Kyle Brown for me for his tremendous midfield play .I thought the ref was quite poor today letting a lotgo for both sides and dont know how both teams ended up with 11 players each on the pitch .Well done to both teams for a entertaining match in awful conditions poor Smokie dog  was soaked through .

4 hours ago, Rocket Ronnie said:

Agree with most of this for a change.  However, the only turning dan lean did was when tiago soares turned him inside out a dozen times.  Gadney was my MOM for godolphin.

4 hours ago, Rocket Ronnie said:

Agree with most of this for a change.  However, the only turning dan lean did was when tiago soares turned him inside out a dozen times.  Gadney was my MOM for godolphin.

Poor old Dan, always was an easy target for the quick ones!! Doing his best though no doubt! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Tribute said:

And all those ' ex pros ' chose Bodmin because ???  The excellent support , they are local to Bodmin or to play on the excellent pitch .......... No it's all about the  ????something you ridicule other clubs about ???

Maybe....but we won things, think of those clubs who have pumped money in & won bugger all....or even finished in the bottom six!! :yahoo:

People moan now about Parkway's budget, not me....they are now the standard, so its down to us all match them. Whether that's financially, or working harder in training. We have had a great run in the Cup that has probably paid for our season, what about the rest, where has their money come from? I was talking to friends at Liskeard last week & they were telling me a club in Div One West paying £30/£40 to certain players, & Ludgvan who I cant imagine pay anything are running away with it! Surely that is more criminal!? You have to remember our local rivals 'courted' our manager in the close season, so we know first hand what a War Chest they have.....& that's without a good cup run like we had! :ninja:

16 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Maybe....but we won things, think of those clubs who have pumped money in & won bugger all....or even finished in the bottom six!! :yahoo:

People moan now about Parkway's budget, not me....they are now the standard, so its down to us all match them. Whether that's financially, or working harder in training. We have had a great run in the Cup that has probably paid for our season, what about the rest, where has their money come from? I was talking to friends at Liskeard last week & they were telling me a club in Div One West paying £30/£40 to certain players, & Ludgvan who I cant imagine pay anything are running away with it! Surely that is more criminal!? You have to remember our local rivals 'courted' our manager in the close season, so we know first hand what a War Chest they have.....& that's without a good cup run like we had! :ninja:

With players such as Wade Brown down at Ludgvan, who doesnt go anywhere without a pay packet, you must be deluded if you think Ludgvan arent paying out. 

However, I agree that Parkway have set the benchmark now, a bit of ambition is what theyve shown, and now everyone else has to try and match them or face being thumped 8-0+ each week. Yes it comes through paying players, but if you want the better players then everyone knows you have to attract them with so financial rewards