Cornwall Football Forum

MOUSEHOLE AFC APPOINT KEVIN RICHARDS AS FIRST TEAM MANAGER

Mousehole AFC are pleased to welcome Kevin Richards to the club’s leadership team as The Seagulls’ new First team manager.  

An experienced and well-respected person throughout Cornish football, having previously managed Mullion, Porthleven and most recently Premier Division Godolphin Atlantic, Kevin joins a highly-qualified and ambitious coaching team to help the club realise its 5-year progression plan.  He will take responsibility for First team duties next week, reporting into Football and Academy Director Jason Blunt, while Jason will continue his development work with the younger players and be in overall charge of all football matters at the club.

Speaking enthusiastically about his new post, Camborne-based Richards had this to say:  “I am absolutely delighted to be offered the opportunity to join such an exciting adventure at Mousehole AFC.  I have already seen first-hand the work and commitment of everyone involved in this project, and I can say that I have never seen anything quite like it in Cornwall. The chance to work with a lot of people who have been friends for a long time at this football club was too good to miss, and I can't wait to start working with the committee, the coaching staff and the players.”

Good luck at Mousehole - they re certainly changing very quickly and have great ambitions, which is a refreshing change. 

Would be interesting to hear your views on this Manager / Director of Football interface - Helston tried it but it never lasted and always seems a bit of an uncomfortable match at the Prem Clubs (who picks the players / style of football etc) - am sure you and Jason have thrashed this out already. 

Look forward to seeing you guys soon.