Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL & FA Cup - Tuesday, Sept 26th 2017

If the F.A go through with this it'll be a complete disgrace. Look at the scenes when Tavi beat Taunton. It wasnt just any old win for them. The F.A cup is and should be for all clubs. You could argue what's the point in step 5, step 4 step 3 etc entering. They never win it either. Come on F.A, get a grip and look after clubs at step 6 and 7. Where's Big Al when you need him??

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

If the F.A go through with this it'll be a complete disgrace. Look at the scenes when Tavi beat Taunton. It wasnt just any old win for them. The F.A cup is and should be for all clubs. You could argue what's the point in step 5, step 4 step 3 etc entering. They never win it either. Come on F.A, get a grip and look after clubs at step 6 and 7. Where's Big Al when you need him??

Does the cornwall fa actually have anything to say about this with fa headquarters or do they remain in hibernation?

It's been said on many occasions on this forum, that grassroot football has to take a back seat as far as the F.A. is concerned, while they allow millions to circulate in the professional game.
Premier League clubs donate a miniscule amount of their income to a grants system for grassroot football which is much trumpeted by the F.A., who at the same time restrict level 6 clubs to a maximum of £100,000 of grants over a period of 5 years.
No one will deny that this is a large amount of money until the list of requirements to be able to play at that level is revealed, i,e, floodlights, covered standing area, Grandstand with a minimum 55 seating area, ticket sales booth, turnstiles, and if your dressing rooms,  refs accommodation, and clubhouse are not up to scratch more expenditure is required.
All of the above is very laudable but there are not that many step 6 clubs in Devon/Cornwall who have the income to build and sustain such a set up without substantial financial support.
Surely step 6 is not that far down the ladder, that clubs at that level are too insignificant for the F.A. to be bothered with , or are they ?
Clubs who can pay tens of millions to buy one player, and then pay him several millions a year wages, ( We refuse to call them EARNINGS )  could afford a few million a year for grassroot football. For all we know, perhaps they do and it disappears in administration costs.

Having been to several grounds further up the line with St Blazey in the F.A cup and Vase, I've not been to any ground that I would swap Blaise Park for. Plenty of other grounds in the SWPL have as good facilities as any of these clubs. It's just the F.A making things harder for lower league clubs.

48 minutes ago, Paul said:

Having been to several grounds further up the line with St Blazey in the F.A cup and Vase, I've not been to any ground that I would swap Blaise Park for. Plenty of other grounds in the SWPL have as good facilities as any of these clubs. It's just the F.A making things harder for lower league clubs.

To be honest Paul, Blaise Park has cracking facilities which in my opinion surpasses any other ground in the county. The pitch, clubhouse, grandstand, snooker rooms over looking the pitch, ticks every box. Up the line the grounds tend to be more 'run down' but standard of players seem to be higher. 

51 minutes ago, Paul said:

EXACTLY AND CORNWALL FA DO NOT EVEN PUT A STRONG SUPPORTING CASE FOR OUR LEVEL OF FOOTBALL

29 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

EXACTLY AND CORNWALL FA DO NOT EVEN PUT A STRONG SUPPORTING CASE FOR OUR LEVEL OF FOOTBALL

Why do people knock our county fa,it's the fa that governs the county fa and if you actually know how much effort people in the county fa put in every year I'm sure you wouldn't be so negative towards them!

Working in such institutions these days with all the red tape,safeguarding,health and safety issues,social media etc is a job that only a few in the county will stick their hand up and do!!

And you BA aren't one of them ?

3 hours ago, leedsunited said:

To be honest Paul, Blaise Park has cracking facilities which in my opinion surpasses any other ground in the county. The pitch, clubhouse, grandstand, snooker rooms over looking the pitch, ticks every box. Up the line the grounds tend to be more 'run down' but standard of players seem to be higher. 

Can't argue with that. 

Clubs like Falmouth Bodmin Wadebridge St Austell Penzance Liskeard Saltash Torpoint have really decent grounds compared to what you see further away. There are exceptions though as clubs improve. Buckland being the closet. Good to see clubs improving their ground like Torpoint. 

11 hours ago, digger1000 said:

Why do people knock our county fa,it's the fa that governs the county fa and if you actually know how much effort people in the county fa put in every year I'm sure you wouldn't be so negative towards them!

Working in such institutions these days with all the red tape,safeguarding,health and safety issues,social media etc is a job that only a few in the county will stick their hand up and do!!

And you BA aren't one of them ?

Perhaps I do not want to wear the famous black blazer and want free entry to matches ! THE EMPLOYEES OF THE FA GET MORE THAN A DECENT SALARY TO DO A JOB !

So much rules and regulations....in the next five years if clubs don't have youth,women's teams,proper showers,good facilities etc....then they won't be clubs anymore.Running a football club these days compared to years ago requires lots of work by lots of people.The administrative work alone is horrendous let alone committees,ground,finances....nightmare!!

19 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have you got any official idea John whether or not there is actually going to be any spaces for Step 6 clubs in next season’s competition. I only say that because I thought I had read somewhere that it’s unlikely anyone from the Step 6 level will be in it!

Not heard anything "official" Dave but the general assumption is there could well be fewer Step 6 Clubs - if any - in next year's FA Cup, unless they re-structure the early rounds. However, the early rounds are already early enough and have to be completed, with the right number winners, to allow the 1st Round Proper to happen by the prescribed date.

The FA have an FA CUP Committee and a Competitions Department which deals with all issues. Cornwall FA is not represented on this Committee so has no direct influence on any decisions made.

the National Leagues Committee have stated that they will decide upon ALL promotion & relegation throughout the NLS (from Step 1 - 7) and that Clubs without the relevant Grade for the level they're at would be relegated! No further details but I would assume the two lowest finishing non-compliant Clubs would go! If they relegate all such Clubs, the Premier Division will be a small league next season. Clubs have until 31st March 2018 to "get their house in order" - if they want to be sure of survival.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:39, Mike Odgers said:

Was that the last appearance for Bodmin in the F A Cup for a while?

I understand the F A are in the process of a major restructure of the upper Pyramid which includes no F A Cup for clubs below Step 5.

Perhaps to encourage promotion

I hate this saying, but I told you so  and got ridiculed, FA vase will be next just wait and see.