Cornwall Football Forum

Kev no longer at G!

Tom Howe of the Newquay Voice released the news via Twitter  yesterday evening from Director of Football Derek Martin that Kevin Richards has left his role as manager of Godolphin Atlantic.

It included a quote from Derek :“Kevin felt the level of commitment from some players did not match his expectations at this level of football” and: “We respect his decision & will regroup. Jamie Lowry and Jake Hartigan will take charge for the next two fixtures.”

Assistant Dave Leonard has also departed with Derek adding : “We all wish them well for the future.” 

Tom will be writing more on this story  in Wednesday’s Newquay Voice newspaper.

Sorry to hear the news about Kevin leaving  think it seems harsh that he said some players didnt show commitment ,i dont know what goes on behind the  club but i watch them most weeks and you couldnt get a more commited bu nch of lads some would even die for the club ok thats going a bit too far but the likes of Aaran Dilley Ollie PINNEL ,the 2 Shepherds the 2 Lowrys ,Ross Fallens  and more are not commited  is very unfair i have been watching the G for a few years now and these lads are very commited .Im sure Jamie  and Jake will do a good job hard game coming up the  great lads and supporters of ST Austell in town at Godolphin way next week . I personally think Tanya should be put in charge she would sort them  out at the G  but i cant see nothing wrong with the  team  10 when they went down to  10 men against Wadebridge in the cup you couldnt get more commitment than what those players shown . All the best to Kevin whatever team you manage

ME AND TANIA

i was wandering now that Kevin Richards has gone will the goalie he brought in Ethan FEARN leave as well i know he will be suspended for his sending off but i reckon he will leave as well such a shame that all the Gs summer signings have left the goalie Chapman was really good and i also liked James Baker and now they are both at St BLAZEY .Hope the G get a goalie by saturday and someone good because St Austell got a top striker in Liam Eddy if he plays ,looking forward to that match

From what I heard Kevin Richards pissed off a lot of the local lads who have been there for years by bringing in a load of mercenaries from Plymouth which was never going to be sustainable, probably a good thing for godolphin that he has left now before all the loyal players left for Newquay fc and they was left with nobody.

11 minutes ago, 110% Cornish said:

From what I heard Kevin Richards pissed off a lot of the local lads who have been there for years by bringing in a load of mercenaries from Plymouth which was never going to be sustainable, probably a good thing for godolphin that he has left now before all the loyal players left for Newquay fc and they was left with nobody.

Some half decent, & some very good manager's out there, interesting to see who Godolphin look for in the coming weeks 

1 hour ago, 110% Cornish said:

If what you have heard is correct then G have acted quick & to protect their own interests. Why would G players want to leave for Newquay though....they have had the monopoly over the Peppermints for the last few years. Always said Godolphin have gave Bodmin the hardest games over the past few seasons, have a great side on paper, just seems as if they under achieve & need a manager to come in & shake it up a little then I think these guys can push on again to the next level & hit the top four

9 hours ago, 110% Cornish said:

You seem to know Tania quite well 110% Cornish, why don't you ask her why I have left instead of making up some shit in your head & then putting it on here, & whilst your at it, ask her if the ' mercenaries ' from Plymouth were on any more than everyone else at Godolphin.. Jackanory told more truth than you. !!!!

3 hours ago, kevin richards said:

You seem to know Tania quite well 110% Cornish, why don't you ask her why I have left instead of making up some shit in your head & then putting it on here, & whilst your at it, ask her if the ' mercenaries ' from Plymouth were on any more than everyone else at Godolphin.. Jackanory told more truth than you. !!!!

Why would players come down from Plymouth for £20 a win? sounds unlikely. Also godolphin have always had a good nucleus of good young local players so it was never going to be a good idea bringing in 5/6 outsiders and dropping some of the loyal players who have been there from the beginning. All I've heard from some reliable sources is that a few godolphin players were very tempted to join Newquay due to be dropped at godolphin and wanting a regular game.

Im 100 %Cornish and dont know much at all about Mr Richards and 110% Cornish seems to know a lot about the man and the club i am the amateur reporter Leeds mentioned but i dont know anything about Mr Richards like just to wish him luck whereever he goes .Jamie and Jake will do a good job and the players will always play there hearts out for these 2 ,i would like to see Derek Martin back in charge in the long run and im sure the referees and linesman have missed him lol

4 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Im 100 %Cornish and dont know much at all about Mr Richards and 110% Cornish seems to know a lot about the man and the club i am the amateur reporter Leeds mentioned but i dont know anything about Mr Richards like just to wish him luck whereever he goes .Jamie and Jake will do a good job and the players will always play there hearts out for these 2 ,i would like to see Derek Martin back in charge in the long run and im sure the referees and linesman have missed him lol

someone obviously copied your name so any insults will likely be heading your way by mistake! A bit embarrassing really. 

On the actual topic, I know Kev brought in an assistant along with no more than a few (4) Plymstock players. Good players at that. Maybe if the locals showed a bit more then Kev wouldnt have needed the Plymstock lads, rather than taking the easy route out!

25 minutes ago, 110% Cornish said:

Why would players come down from Plymouth for £20 a win? sounds unlikely. Also godolphin have always had a good nucleus of good young local players so it was never going to be a good idea bringing in 5/6 outsiders and dropping some of the loyal players who have been there from the beginning. All I've heard from some reliable sources is that a few godolphin players were very tempted to join Newquay due to be dropped at godolphin and wanting a regular game.

You have obviously never managed a football team ...

Godolphin FC as a whole were not happy with the position they finished last season, so they wanted someone to bring in some fresh blood & make more competition for places. & I wont even go down the road of players ' just wanting a regular game '. This is peninsular premier league !!!!!

That's what you have to do as a club, try & move forward. As for the Plymouth lads, when you watch St Blazey, Ask Toby Chapman & James Baker what they got, but please, stop making up stories, your making yourself look a dickhead.

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

There's a 100%cornish and a 110% Cornish - unfortunate the similarity, but two different members. As most people "quote and reply" it's unlikely that any posts will be directed towards the wrong one of these two!

the problem i can see Dave (having already happened) people mixing up what the other person has said previously. Until 100% cornish pointed it out, i hadnt noticed there were two!

4 minutes ago, SCFC said:

the problem i can see Dave (having already happened) people mixing up what the other person has said previously. Until 100% cornish pointed it out, i hadnt noticed there were two!

One's got a dog, as far as we're aware the other hasn't! Or at least doesn't mention it! :thumbsup:

The other way of telling them apart is that one normally contributes every Saturday on a team within the Newquay town area, the other, at least on this thread, is winding Kevin up!

31 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

One's got a dog, as far as we're aware the other hasn't! Or at least doesn't mention it! :thumbsup:

The other way of telling them apart is that one normally contributes every Saturday on a team within the Newquay town area, the other, at least on this thread, is winding Kevin up!

cracking cheers Dave, knew you'd sort things out :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, kevin richards said:

You have obviously never managed a football team ...

Godolphin FC as a whole were not happy with the position they finished last season, so they wanted someone to bring in some fresh blood & make more competition for places. & I wont even go down the road of players ' just wanting a regular game '. This is peninsular premier league !!!!!

That's what you have to do as a club, try & move forward. As for the Plymouth lads, when you watch St Blazey, Ask Toby Chapman & James Baker what they got, but please, stop making up stories, your making yourself look a dickhead.

I could be wrong but as an outsider looking in godolphin has always prided itself on being newquays family team with local young players coming through the ranks so I find it hard to believe the committee and supporters were happy seeing players brought in from elsewhere over the local lads.  From what I believe Tania and Derek are proud of being a "pub team" and coming from the duchy league so why try to change that now. But obviously you know really want went on so I'll leave it at that.

1 hour ago, 110% Cornish said:

I could be wrong but as an outsider looking in godolphin has always prided itself on being newquays family team with local young players coming through the ranks so I find it hard to believe the committee and supporters were happy seeing players brought in from elsewhere over the local lads.  From what I believe Tania and Derek are proud of being a "pub team" and coming from the duchy league so why try to change that now. But obviously you know really want went on so I'll leave it at that.

Unsure on what you're actually on about to be honest, are you saying Tania and Derek are happy to be a "pub team"?? You are aware they're in the Peninsula Prem right? Not playing Sunday League! 

Firstly I would like to say thank you to Kevin and Dave two top people and wish them all the best it's been a hard start to the season with 6 players out one due to serious injury who is out for the season we did bring in some lads from Plymouth top lads but due to their own reasons decided to leave we have a great committee and team and Godolphin Atlantic will come back bigger and stronger sorry not been on here for a while being groundsmen, kitwasher,tea lady, chief supporter of the club I love and working full time every now and then I sleep??

1 hour ago, Taniachairmangodolphin said:

Firstly I would like to say thank you to Kevin and Dave two top people and wish them all the best it's been a hard start to the season with 6 players out one due to serious injury who is out for the season we did bring in some lads from Plymouth top lads but due to their own reasons decided to leave we have a great committee and team and Godolphin Atlantic will come back bigger and stronger sorry not been on here for a while being groundsmen, kitwasher,tea lady, chief supporter of the club I love and working full time every now and then I sleep??

And if you keep doing all of that you will be sleeping ...for a long time (!)

Way to much for one person - delegate.

1 hour ago, Taniachairmangodolphin said:

U do a great job too tan,u were busy doin that n ur shops yrs ago so credit to u

Can't see why all the negativity? There's not always a drama or hidden agenda behind things when a manager resigns from a club. In this case you have Godolphin who over the last ten or fifteen years have been an inspiration to any club wishing to progress up through the leagues and then excel at the top level of Cornish football, a club run by good hard working people and an excellent set of loyal players with the odd diamond like Jamie thrown in. Then you have a manager in Kevin who is nothing short of a lovely guy and ask anyone who knows him for many years in Cornish football and I can't imagine a bad word would or could be said about him. He's also proved he's a very good manager if you look at his record over the years with various clubs. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned and a decision is made. Great to see Kevin and Tanya still having good things to say about each other, nice to see a bit of class and respect shown, and I wouldn't have expected anything different. I'm sure both parties will continue to have success in the future. There does not always have to be a negative story!!! ?⚽️

47 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Can't see why all the negativity? There's not always a drama or hidden agenda behind things when a manager resigns from a club. In this case you have Godolphin who over the last ten or fifteen years have been an inspiration to any club wishing to progress up through the leagues and then excel at the top level of Cornish football, a club run by good hard working people and an excellent set of loyal players with the odd diamond like Jamie thrown in. Then you have a manager in Kevin who is nothing short of a lovely guy and ask anyone who knows him for many years in Cornish football and I can't imagine a bad word would or could be said about him. He's also proved he's a very good manager if you look at his record over the years with various clubs. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned and a decision is made. Great to see Kevin and Tanya still having good things to say about each other, nice to see a bit of class and respect shown, and I wouldn't have expected anything different. I'm sure both parties will continue to have success in the future. There does not always have to be a negative story!!! ?⚽️

Great words Rappo, think some people just like to look for a nagative or a drama. In all my dealings with Kev he has always been a top bloke and conducted himself with dignity. I'm sure he won't be out of the game for very long. 

Derek martin is the man for the job. Known him for years hes the mist underated manager in cornwall. With out a doubt he coukd have managed any club in cornwall. But hes been there and done it now. Hes worked hard to get what he has now enjoying more family time. Cant see him changing that. 

In my opinion the next best man for the job is Jim Hilton hes a newquay guy and has plenty of respect through out the town. Hes not only a top guy but a top coach. He will have the loyal G boys back playing with a smile in there face and thats whats been missing this year. 

Hes the best man for the job!!!

As for Tan shes a living legend amongst cornish football. She been at the very bottom to the very top in cornish football. Wonderful person too always living life with a smile on her face. Shes put the G on yhe map through hard graft. 

On 9/27/2017 at 12:52, cornishlegend said:

Derek martin is the man for the job. Known him for years hes the mist underated manager in cornwall. With out a doubt he coukd have managed any club in cornwall. But hes been there and done it now. Hes worked hard to get what he has now enjoying more family time. Cant see him changing that. 

In my opinion the next best man for the job is Jim Hilton hes a newquay guy and has plenty of respect through out the town. Hes not only a top guy but a top coach. He will have the loyal G boys back playing with a smile in there face and thats whats been missing this year. 

Hes the best man for the job!!!

As for Tan shes a living legend amongst cornish football. She been at the very bottom to the very top in cornish football. Wonderful person too always living life with a smile on her face. Shes put the G on yhe map through hard graft. 

No disrespect you keep saying Derek Martin for the managers position but does he actually want to it .