West Cornwall Reserves 1-1 Ludgvan Reserves

DIVISION 4

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds 1-9 Mousehole 3rds

Madron A-W Wendron United 4ths

Penzance Reserves 1-4 Praze-an-Beeble

Probus Reserves P-P Stithians Reserves

Troon AFC Reserves 10-0 Constantine Reserves

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

The goal posts have rusted and are in danger of falling down at any time. I'd say well done for considering the safety of players!

i'd say the committee need to have a look at themselves for not thinking pre season 'that rust needs looking at', not waiting until the things fall down and then act....proactive not reactive!

Div 4

Goonhavern 1  Mousehole 9  h/t 0-3

On a glorious afternoon at Boscawen Park,Mousehole overwhelmed their hosts,especially in the second half.First goal a 35 yard curling free-kick from Jowan May and the visitors added another two before the break.

Jowan May took the kick off for the second half and his shot sailed over the home keeper and he added,i think,three more with two fine shots and a close range one.Goonhavern scored a late consolation that their efforts deserved.

Good game to referee,players just got on with the game with no dissent.

threemilestone very impressive today, albeit against a poor poor Mabe side. TMS striker caused problems all day long and must've got himself 3 or 4 goals, I even heard a few of the fans calling him Messi, I can see why! centre back for the home side was solid, kept the big lad up top for Mabe quiet all game, won every header and even grabbed himself a well deserved goal. 

Heated affair, one mabe player in particular took it too far when he walked off the pitch to confront the TMS manager saying he was going to 'knock him out easily' couldn't see it myself, the size difference was laughable! Embarrassing from him and not what we want to see in local football. 

Well done to the young threemilestone side. They'll up there mark my words. 

I was down boscawen park this afternoon walking the dogs and enjoying a couple cans of stella as I stumbled across the two sides Threemilestone and Mabe enjoying what seemed a competitive and exciting game between two fantastic sides.

The game quickly changed however when one of the Mabe players got extremely aggressive and embarrassed not only himself but his team mates, fair play to the Mabe manager who acted with class trying to calm down the extremely agressive individual.

well done to the young referee too who I thought he had a great game! Also a shoutout to 'porpus' who was the stand out for me, winning every header/tackle for Threeemilestone, I'm sure clubs in the higher divisions will be monitoring him this season.

Settle ? 

Mariners 11 newlyn non ath 0. Strong squad and a fast and powerfull performamce today from mariners with 3 players getting hattricks greg stephens stuart lugg and conner clarke followed by 2 from jordan daniels.Credit to newlyn who never dropped there heads and kept playing till the end of the game.All the best

Great performance today from the lads at TMS. With 4 regulars out today it shows our strength in depth. (6 x 16 year olds played today and were class)

Dave Welfare 3, Jack skuse 2, Tom Fisher, Liam Patterson, Jamie Shaw to make it 8-0.

good game but a bit feisty.....in Short, one of the Mabe players lost his head and threatened my assistant. The ref lost a bit of control at that stage, luckily everyone else played the game as it should be played.

hopefully Mabe can stay strong and keep playing as too many clubs fold at the first sign of trouble...good luck for rest of season lads ?

I don't give much credit to referees but I thought young Kai coban was one of the best refs we had this season, sure he lost control of the situation as play was still continuing but he's very vocal and allowed play to go on for as long as possible. 

On the other hand, really good result for us with a convincing 8-0 win, some good goals and of course a clean sheet. Won't talk much about the missed pen from Tom Goodman though ?

Come on you stones. 

Frogpool 3 newlyn 1

Great start from the boys in red after last 2 games being postponed. 1 nil from a well worked corner from the training ground with Jason Holt scoring at the back post. Kept the pressure on and went 2 nil up with a break down the right and a cross from Kai Delaney for Kevin Smith to finish with a sharpe backheel. Newlyn put pressure on and scored from a cross/shot free kick but we kept playing and scored through Martyn Jay to seal the victory against the league leaders. Motm for me was Neil J Carter. Never stopped running.and tackling and was calm in possession. On to the junior cup next week.

1 hour ago, fudge said:

Mariners 11 newlyn non ath 0. Strong squad and a fast and powerfull performamce today from mariners with 3 players getting hattricks greg stephens stuart lugg and conner clarke followed by 2 from greg stephens.Credit to newlyn who never dropped there heads and kept playing till the end of the game.All the best

Game of 2 halves. First half, Mariners annihilated Newlyn. Cut us open time and time again. Created chance after chance. Went 7 nil up. Second half, only destroyed us. We had a chat at half time, keep heads up, try and win the second half and so on. You know the drill. 5 mins in, someone unleashed an unstoppable thunderbolt that hit the top corner stanchion inside the goal. 8 nil. Ahhhhh, one of those days!

Well done to a fine Mariners side.

2 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Game of 2 halves. First half, Mariners annihilated Newlyn. Cut us open time and time again. Created chance after chance. Went 7 nil up. Second half, only destroyed us. We had a chat at half time, keep heads up, try and win the second half and so on. You know the drill. 5 mins in, someone unleashed an unstoppable thunderbolt that hit the top corner stanchion inside the goal. Ahhhhh, one of those days!

Well done to a fine Mariners side.

Well done for keeping going and keeping your heads up,few teams would of just given up

21 hours ago, Settle said:

I was down boscawen park this afternoon walking the dogs and enjoying a couple cans of stella as I stumbled across the two sides Threemilestone and Mabe enjoying what seemed a competitive and exciting game between two fantastic sides.

The game quickly changed however when one of the Mabe players got extremely aggressive and embarrassed not only himself but his team mates, fair play to the Mabe manager who acted with class trying to calm down the extremely agressive individual.

well done to the young referee too who I thought he had a great game! Also a shoutout to 'porpus' who was the stand out for me, winning every header/tackle for Threeemilestone, I'm sure clubs in the higher divisions will be monitoring him this season.

Settle ? 

I had to pleasure of watching Liam "Porpus" Patterson play in a cup final may for Carharrack Vs New Inn Titans, he was terrific that day doing as good a job of keeping Hal Davies quiet as anyone I've seen in junior football. He was the stand out player that day. I think if he was to shift a stone or 2 he would be a south western league player for sure. 

Newlyn NA 1 Mousehole Reserves 9

Both teams missing players but today Mousehole were much stronger and should have had more than the 9 chalked up. Newlyn kept going and the keeper and centre half bailed them out a good few times. Good turn out of supporters which always helps any game.

Onto the cup next week.

18 hours ago, Roy D said:

I had to pleasure of watching Liam "Porpus" Patterson play in a cup final may for Carharrack Vs New Inn Titans, he was terrific that day doing as good a job of keeping Hal Davies quiet as anyone I've seen in junior football. He was the stand out player that day. I think if he was to shift a stone or 2 he would be a south western league player for sure. 

It doesn't surprise me that he kept a player of Hal's ability quiet. He was a clear fans favourite, all action, no nonsense and great on the ball with a good passing range. I've not seen anyone at that level read the game as well as Porpus, not even from my days winning the treble at Probus. 

Settle ?