Cornwall Football Forum

Full Time System

no change will ever happen realistically unless it is forced to do so! i cant believe for the life of me that the league officials are not wanting this to happen, or, that it happens in the lower leagues where you often find less helpers involved in clubs, and yet they make a mistake and face a fine and points deduction! why on earth is it not already being done when it is clearly being done in the junior leagues, and easily done at that!?

9 hours ago, Sijames said:

no change will ever happen realistically unless it is forced to do so! i cant believe for the life of me that the league officials are not wanting this to happen, or, that it happens in the lower leagues where you often find less helpers involved in clubs, and yet they make a mistake and face a fine and points deduction! why on earth is it not already being done when it is clearly being done in the junior leagues, and easily done at that!?

I agree Sijames. I'd be surprised if they didn't want this to happen. Like you said, lower league clubs do it and there are less helpers around at those clubs. It's simple to do, so doesn't and shouldn't take up too much time.

8 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Why not pick holes in the East Cornwall Premier League as well. 

They post no players details, wether as squads or goal scorers.

Maybe they don't. But surely you can see the point that is being made?!

Leagues that are lucky enough to have a number of "expert" on-line wizzards find changes easy to adapt to - others take a little longer to master such things. The League has survived with paper team sheets for years - without public scrutiny on Full Time. I can assure you there are no "grey areas" to concern yourself with BUT the move to on-line teamsheets and registrations is in the 3 year development plan and will happen!

3 hours ago, wazza10 said:

Teams can put in there team sheets online  but mr roberts has asked us just to send in team sheets I'm sure in time it will all be up to speed it is a bit like stepping back in time tho coming up from trelawny league to combo 

Watch out Wayne, don't upset JR. Remember Rodney's Rants Lol.

I admit to knowing little about Full Time or Whole Game systems but would guess on-line player registrations and teamsheets go hand in hand so that the system can cross reference to ensure the teamsheet contains only eligible players? Entering the necessary data is a time consuming affair if - like me - you type with just one finger!

10 hours ago, John Mead said:

I admit to knowing little about Full Time or Whole Game systems but would guess on-line player registrations and teamsheets go hand in hand so that the system can cross reference to ensure the teamsheet contains only eligible players? Entering the necessary data is a time consuming affair if - like me - you type with just one finger!

unfortunately you have highlighted just the issue's in which the Combo are in, ageing officials who are not up to the modern way of life and in being so, are hindering the progress of what should be an easy evolution already in place!  it takes two minutes to do results, match officials already use a similar system, and i expect most counties across the country do also. as usual cornwall will be the last to follow suit, when it suits!

30 minutes ago, Sijames said:

unfortunately you have highlighted just the issue's in which the Combo are in, ageing officials who are not up to the modern way of life and in being so, are hindering the progress of what should be an easy evolution already in place!  it takes two minutes to do results, match officials already use a similar system, and i expect most counties across the country do also. as usual cornwall will be the last to follow suit, when it suits!

Is that an offer to stand for election to the combo committee and take responsibility for keeping all their records online permanently up to date?  If it only takes 2 minutes of your time per week to do everything, surely you've got time to help!

1 hour ago, Robin Tucker said:

Is that an offer to stand for election to the combo committee and take responsibility for keeping all their records online permanently up to date?  If it only takes 2 minutes of your time per week to do everything, surely you've got time to help!

i think you'll find they have people in positions that should already be doing these jobs, but are not!