Plymouth Parkway   P-P  Godolphin Atlantic    
Saltash United    4,  Launceston    4
Tavistock    9,  Ivybridge Town    0
Witheridge    3,  Exmouth Town    2

DIVISION ONE EAST
Budleigh Salterton    3,  Crediton United    1

DIVISION ONE WEST
St Blazey   P-P  Mousehole

Can I be the first to say good luck to Gilbey and Leeds and their Bodmin lads tomorrow night!!! Always great to see the Cornish teams progress in the cup and Vase. Quite a few quid on it as well these days ? Had some great wins over Bideford in the cup back in the Falmouth days, we always seemed to draw them! Think we were a bit of a bogey team to them, Mike will know!! Lost a couple as well I think, massive old pitch up there. Be nice to go and cheer on Slates and Brokes and the boys after having to go to the Hall For Cornwall to watch "A night of Whitney" tonight!!! And missing Newquay v St.Dennis! Good luck Bodmin ⚽️??

Just to put the likes of Leeds mind at rest, 

The team were ready to play. There was no problem with raising a side. 

The pitch is looking lovely. Easily playable. 

The weather has washed out all the lines and with it being so wet they can't get the paint to stay on the grass. It's pouring down now and misty. No chance it'll get any better. 

Not ideal at all but these things happen. 

Bloody anoying. 

11 hours ago, Paul said:

Just to put the likes of Leeds mind at rest, 

The team were ready to play. There was no problem with raising a side. 

The pitch is looking lovely. Easily playable. 

The weather has washed out all the lines and with it being so wet they can't get the paint to stay on the grass. It's pouring down now and misty. No chance it'll get any better. 

Not ideal at all but these things happen. 

Bloody anoying. 

Well Paul, we had to have our lines re-marked last night at The Priory, I am amazed you can call a game off, due to the lines being washed away. I wonder how many clubs will try this now in the winter fixtures. Differences between your pitch & Parkway's last night is that you had no standing water & it was playable, I saw it with my own eyes!! :ninja:

48 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Well Paul, we had to have our lines re-marked last night at The Priory, I am amazed you can call a game off, due to the lines being washed away. I wonder how many clubs will try this now in the winter fixtures. Differences between your pitch & Parkway's last night is that you had no standing water & it was playable, I saw it with my own eyes!! :ninja:

Who cares 

Went to watch Launceston versus Saltash, what a goal feast and a great game in terrible conditions.

Despite signing several new players,  saltash just don't look the strong outfit they were last season. Or am I incorrect in that assumption? Having only seen them against callington and Launceston, I may be wrong.

The Launceston team look a handy outfit.

Saltash look very poor in defence and need to get in some new faces if they are to win anything.

Bodmin deserved their draw last night against Southern League Bideford. After conceding a goal with not even two minutes on the clock, it took them about another 98 minutes to level the game!

Well into second half added on time, Jake Ash headed home the more than deserved equaliser from the corner of the six yard box for the Priory Park club to have another go at the Step 4 opposition next Tuesday in the replay.

Bideford threatened through a couple of their pacy forwards, but Bodmin never gave up believing. With time running out, they threw everything forward and from a free kick Ash was their to score the very, very late goal. So late that all the Bideford supporters wondered where the referee, Martin Underhay, had got all the extra time from, but that’s what you get for slowing the game down, even before the half-time break!

Mentioning the ref, there were loads of yellow cards given and how not one player received an unfortunate second is beyond me! For my liking perhaps a few were given rather harshly.

As for the pitch - although it rained for the whole match, the surface never cut up at all and looked really firm, especially considering some of the high bounces of the ball, not the soft one by the way, that a couple times managed to sneak back into play!

Despite the game developing into a real end to end affair, neither keeper had too many saves to make and so hopefully Bodmin will be able to test the Bideford goally a little more next Tuesday.

Also at the Bodmin v Bideford game and have to agree that the home team deserved their late, late equalizer but can't for the life of me work out where the ref found >8 minutes of stoppage time. Yes, Bideford were slowing the game down as teams do when they're in front but nothing excessive and that usually only amounts to three or four minutes at most.

The ref got on top of the Bodmin dissent early, both on the field and from the sidelines, and they were the better for it. Both teams played some really nice football trying to keep the ball on the ground despite the very skiddy wet surface and created decent numbers of chances although very few tested either keeper.

Bodmin did have the ball in the the net twice more, both disallowed, the first for offside and the second for handball, both could easily also have been disallowed for fouls on the keeper.

1 hour ago, paul pearce said:

Just a view on Beacons comment.

Informed 80% of the Bodmin bench wasn't fit for 90 min. I will repeat my thought of a few weeks ago. Don't be surprised if ex St. AUSTELL mid fielders don't return 2 them in very near future when fit. Just my thoughts

Just wondering just thought Bodmin needed a strong midfielder last night the number 8(Steve rogers) worked hard but needed more help along side of him. Bodmin certainly deserved another crack at Bideford,Luke Rundle and AdamKelly certainly caused them problems all night and thought Adam Carter worked hard up front on his own till Jake Ash come up to give him some help and pinched the glory with his last minute goal ??

Tavistock bounced back after the disappointment of Saturdays FA Cup defeat with a good performance over a hard working Ivybridge team... Tavi certainly got the ball moving in the second half and some of the movement by the front four was great to watch..

However,  Ivybridge did have their chances. I know Nick Marker was not happy with this performance by his team but they were second best on the night. Though I believe that they will be okay this season and will cause teams problems.. 

Wednesday 20th September 2017

Saltash United v Launceston(home) SWPL (Premier Division).

Line-up:Rickard,Heveran,Sargison,O'Brien,Menhenick,Leary,

Wilson,King,Hughes,Young,Lewis(C).

Subs used:Farrant for Wilson(56),Richards for Young(56) & Phillips for King(75).

Unused subs:Barker & Bass.

Bookings:O'Brien(Yellow).

Result:Ashes  4 Launceston  4 

Scorers:Hughes(6),Young(28),Richards(60)& Heveran(82).

Referee:James Gould(Plymouth).

Heavy rain all day but the pitch looked good but very greasy.The game was one that the Ashes twice took the lead but then got pegged back twice and then had to come from behind twice.

The match was fast and furious and the Ashes moved in front on 6 minutes when Henry Wilson played in Sam Hughes. Launceston drew level on 19 minutes when they were awarded a free-kick from outside the area.The kick was deflected onto the post and into the goal.

The Ashes were awarded a penalty on 28 minutes and with no Ryan Richards at that time of the game Callum O'Brien stepped up to take it.His penalty kick was full of power but hit the woodwork but Lewis Young was quickest to react and followed up to score.It only took Launceston 2 minutes to draw level for a second time when a strong run and shot which made it 2-2.A further 3 minutes and a great work  down the left and a cut back and a tremendous right footed shot into the top far corner of the Ashes goal to give Launceston the lead.Both sides had further chances in the half but no more goals were scored.To be fair Launceston were the better side in the first 45 minutes.

The second half was 15 minutes old when the Ashes had a corner on the left.The ball was only cleared as far as Ryan Richards who had been on the pitch for less than 5 minutes and his shot from just outside the area beat everyone to draw the scores level.The Ashes started to play to deep and on 72 minutes they were punished for this when a Launceston player was allowed to much room with no challenge fired in a shot that for the second time was deflected in.

With just 8 minutes left the Ashes were awarded a free-kick about 25 yards out which Paul Heveran took and scored to bring the scores level once again.Verdict:2 points dropped to a team that was better on the night.

14 hours ago, OldFan said:

I see Lewis Russell has gone to Bodmin. Big loss for Saltash but very impressed with their manager. He’ll keep them improving 

The team has several new players, who have brought more quality. Matt and Dane know their stuff, so players coming and going nothing to be concerned about.