Cornwall Football Forum

13 hours ago, Rayvon said:

I think there were seventy five FA cup ties played today of which only one was postponed. Would that be down to the worst of the weather being down in the Duchy or the poor drainage at Priory Park. Over to you Big Al. :c:

Cornis refs simply do not like playing on wet grass but will still claim their fee for inspecting the pitch, a complete farce !

12 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

When comparing  attendances you have to take a lot of things into account. For instance Salford's population is 10 times that of Truro!

...and things like:

there are numerous league and premier league teams within 30 minutes of Salford to compete for fans money

You can't falsely inflate the gate with non  attending season ticket holders (not that you'd want to with half the gate money going to the opposition in cup games )

Plymouth Argyle were away

Bodmin's attractive game with Bideford was postponed

Treyew Road is the most uninviting place to spend a wet and windy afternoon with two thirds of the clubhouse  given up to players and officials and a considerable amount of freeloaders

It is a great pity that TISA seem to be taking more interest in the fortunes of other clubs than Truro City.  It's a free country of course, and people can go and watch and support whatever club they choose. However, they cannot have it both ways,  supporting Bodmin, Taunton, Tavistock, John O' Groats FC ( why not ?)  THEN claiming to be 'Always There' with Truro City. These people have shown their true colours, they are more interested in supporting other clubs and criticising Truro City. So be it . At least everyone can see what is going on.

32 minutes ago, TruroPostie said:

It is a great pity that TISA seem to be taking more interest in the fortunes of other clubs than Truro City.  It's a free country of course, and people can go and watch and support whatever club they choose. However, they cannot have it both ways,  supporting Bodmin, Taunton, Tavistock, John O' Groats FC ( why not ?)  THEN claiming to be 'Always There' with Truro City. These people have shown their true colours, they are more interested in supporting other clubs and criticising Truro City. So be it . At least everyone can see what is going on.

Blah blah blah! !!!

1 hour ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I believe that St. Blazey played them in the fifth round of the F.A.Vase in February 2003, eventually losing 1-7 in a replay. Probably too long ago to get any useful intelligence on them, they might just have had a slight change of personnel since then! Good luck though Truro.

Made the trip with my Radio Cornwall hat on! Dave Leonard was an early sending off for the Green and Blacks if I remember rightly! After coming so close too to beating them in the first game.

On 9/18/2017 at 10:17, Never-Pay-Never said:

...and things like:

there are numerous league and premier league teams within 30 minutes of Salford to compete for fans money

You can't falsely inflate the gate with non  attending season ticket holders (not that you'd want to with half the gate money going to the opposition in cup games )

Plymouth Argyle were away

Bodmin's attractive game with Bideford was postponed

Treyew Road is the most uninviting place to spend a wet and windy afternoon with two thirds of the clubhouse  given up to players and officials and a considerable amount of freeloaders

Spot on. Some great points there.

22 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

PLAY ANOTHER RECORD YOUR BORING.

Oh by the way you left Spurs off your list.Thats where this TISA member ,was.

Oh and just for the sake of your arguement.Tell me what game,did no TISA members attend.?

12 hours ago, Adlestrop said:

May I remind you Somersetspur that were it not for the Chairman you so despise,there probably would not have been a Truro City  for anyone

to watch.

What a load of tosh! Of course there would be a Truro City to watch.  Maybe not in this league but then what really is the point of trying to keep this club in a league it cannot possibly sustainably be promoted from and in so doing play in front of crowds of little more than 300 and then having to make 600 mile round trips to see them play away. It couldn’t be because it is a one man ego trip could it?  How people still believe he saved the club when it’s obvious to anyone that has any history of supporting Truro City that he has killed it as a community club.

Ego Trip?  Stepping up at the last hour to pump thousands of pounds to save Truro City ?   Continuing to invest thousands after thousands of pounds, month after month, year after year ? Having to put up with uninformed criticism from people who have never run a business in their life ?  Listening to people , clearly with an agenda,  who try to pull the club down ?

That, my friends, is not an ego trip.

1 hour ago, TruroPostie said:

Ego Trip?  Stepping up at the last hour to pump thousands of pounds to save Truro City ?   Continuing to invest thousands after thousands of pounds, month after month, year after year ? Having to put up with uninformed criticism from people who have never run a business in their life ?  Listening to people , clearly with an agenda,  who try to pull the club down ?

WHY. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

7 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Hey Mr Sunday independent do one!!!!

8 hours ago, TruroPostie said:

Well,lets straighten a few things.

Stepping in at the last minute.Yes. I will give you ,that.

Pumping thousands of pounds into the Club.Thats not quite true.Others are as well.Believe you have a Co owner,contributing,plus Helical Bar were very generous as well.

Criticism from people,who never run a buisness.? NEWS ALERT.Its a Football Club.

So here is a record so far of this,knight in shining armour.

Promised new stadium,that we should be in now,is dead in the water.

Might end up sharing a ground with a rugby club.

Football Social Club closed and only open on match days.

Reserve Team shafted.

Youth Team set up,disbanded.

Ladies team,kicked into touch.

Most successful manager who got the Club to its highest ever league position,stabbed in the back and got rid of.

That great squad,ripped apart.

High prices.

Dwindling crowds.

Oh yes this man has been a breath of fresh air for our Football Club.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Well,lets straighten a few things.

Stepping in at the last minute.Yes. I will give you ,that.

Pumping thousands of pounds into the Club.Thats not quite true.Others are as well.Believe you have a Co owner,contributing,plus Helical Bar were very generous as well.

Criticism from people,who never run a buisness.? NEWS ALERT.Its a Football Club.

So here is a record so far of this,knight in shining armour.

Promised new stadium,that we should be in now,is dead in the water.

Might end up sharing a ground with a rugby club.

Football Social Club closed and only open on match days.

Reserve Team shafted.

Youth Team set up,disbanded.

Ladies team,kicked into touch.

Most successful manager who got the Club to its highest ever league position,stabbed in the back and got rid of.

That great squad,ripped apart.

High prices.

Dwindling crowds.

Oh yes this man has been a breath of fresh air for our Football Club.

Am I missing something...

Are Truro not second in the league

That’s the problem with football these days, to many ‘businessmen’ who have never run a football club in their lives but think they know best because the “thousands and thousands” they put in to the club are in the form of directors loans, creating a debt that a little club like Truro City can never repay.  Truro City fans have been guilty in the past of being blinkered by the success on the pitch,  to the damage their ‘saviour’ businessman was doing to their club.  History is repeating itself my friend, that’s all.

The big thing that baffles,me.

Why does the Chairman ,who admitted when taking over,did'nt know to much about football,but wants to learn,and his Co-owner,who know's nothing about football, but both continue to put  thousands of pounds into the Club.

The Chairman attends about 50% of Truro games,while his Co-owner hardly attends any at all.

Have they got more money than sense.

Or is there something else,they are after.?

1 minute ago, Fanfare said:

Why does it really matter how many games the chairman goes to? He's doing his bit for the club, like others who do their bit behind the scenes. It doesn't mean they have to be there all of the time.

Well the Chairman is the one making a big issue,about some supporters not attending games.

Maybe he should look at himself,and Co owner,to set some sort of example.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:06, somersetspur said:

WHY. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Land.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:09, TruroPostie said:

land.