Cornwall Football Forum

LUDGVAN v MOUSEHOLE

Went down to Ludgvan and enjoyed an excellent game of football which was an example of how local football should be. Super ground and facilities and refreshments served by people with a smile !

Only downside was the stupid 2.30 ko but I suppose the swlp officials have not noticed that it does not get dark until 7.30 !

3 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Went down to Ludgvan and enjoyed an excellent game of football which was an example of how local football should be. Super ground and facilities and refreshments served by people with a smile !

Only downside was the stupid 2.30 ko but I suppose the swlp officials have not noticed that it does not get dark until 7.30 !

I also went down to watch the local Derby and everyone watching seen an entertaining match. Mousehole winning 3-2. A score which flattered ludgvan if I'm honest, the mousehole defence held firm against a plucky ludgvan attack, their wingers, not sure if there names had no joy versus the visitor's fullbacks what so every. Mousehole looked dangerous everytime they attacked but in the 2nd half, hardly got out of second gear & just did enough to keep the home side at bay.

19 minutes ago, digger1000 said:

Not sure if they were conference players......but as I say the level of football from both sides was a pleasure to watch.

long may it continue down west!!

Exactly - it would be great to see Penzance back on the scene. I really rate their ground, super stand and good viewing all around.

Guys - sounds like a good game, have just seen a series of photos of the game (from Steve Winters photography on FB) and having been a distant supporter of Mousehole for a couple of seasons I hardly recognised any of their players? I saw midfield powerhouse Kev and a photo including Josh Otto who looked like he was a sub, but hardly any others. I watched them 3 times in preseason - so have they changed that much? - I' m not interested in the 'bringing in players from Leeds' debate, just what their current team is, as to beat Ludgvan they have clearly improved since preseason.

42 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I really hope so, Penzance deserve to be in the premier league, it is one of the founder clubs of the good old swl - what a shame that cannot be reinstated.

So were Barnstaple Town Reserves, Bideford Town Reserves and Torquay United Reserves. Shame they don't join up. All have cracking grounds too!

5 hours ago, digger1000 said:

Won't take Wayne Quinn long.......his sides will win more than they lose.fact

Agreed, give him time to make his own signings & get his team to play his own his own way & they will be a force. Still say Liskeard/Millbrook will be the sides that will be fighting it out at the top of West Division though

3 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Guys - sounds like a good game, have just seen a series of photos of the game (from Steve Winters photography on FB) and having been a distant supporter of Mousehole for a couple of seasons I hardly recognised any of their players? I saw midfield powerhouse Kev and a photo including Josh Otto who looked like he was a sub, but hardly any others. I watched them 3 times in preseason - so have they changed that much? - I' m not interested in the 'bringing in players from Leeds' debate, just what their current team is, as to beat Ludgvan they have clearly improved since preseason.

The lad Otto started & from what the mousehole fans were saying the was only 3 players that started that were not players from last season, so doesn't sound like a lot of change from last season's team, just a managerial change. Good game to what thou.

14 minutes ago, burt said:

The lad Otto started & from what the mousehole fans were saying the was only 3 players that started that were not players from last season, so doesn't sound like a lot of change from last season's team, just a managerial change. Good game to what thou.

I believe at least 5 players were completely different. Overheard some of the team saying they didn't even know their names.