Constantine Reserves    2-7           Hayle 3rds

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds     P-P            Madron

Lizard Argyle Reserves   7-1           Probus Reserves

Praze-an-Beeble             4-2          Mousehole 3rds

Stithians Reserves          1-3          Perranwell Reserves

Wendron United 4ths    4-3          Troon AFC Reserves

Division 1.

Lanner 2, Threemilestone 5. 

Liam Patterson had 2 Tms goals,  and I think Tom Fisher may have had 2 too? Not sure who had the other, but the keeper saved a shot only to push the ball into the path of the striker.

Very good 1st half for Tms, a bit sloppy in the 2nd half allowed lanner back in the game. 

11 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Liam Patterson with two, Tom fisher with two and a Matt Toms with the fifth for Threemilestone

The referee who was being assessed today was utter horse manure I know we all say that without people stepping up to ref we wouldn't have games but this particular one has bad feedback every game he controls 

haha are you having a laugh? I wasn't being assessed so that shows how little you know. Paul is a very good friend and was just there as a spectator. if TMS attempted to make tackles instead of fouls then i wouldn't have blown up against you. 

if your players didn't gob off calling the lino a cheat you wouldn't have had 2 guys sin binned in the 85th and if you didn't time waste any and every chance you got it wouldn't have had so much extra time. 

but good luck with your season.

Div 4

Wendron Utd IVs 4 - 3 Troon Res

Pretty choughed to have won this one after being turned inside out for Troons 1st and missing a clearance for their 2nd! Boys dug deep and pushed hard to eventually get the lead and then held solid for the final 15mins while Troon tested our back line continually. 

Thanks for the game lads

Well refed by Jim

Wendron goal scorers 

Jack Brazier 

Tom Burley

Ben Coleman 

Tom Orchard 

9 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Frogpool Reserves 3-2 Falmouth DC

A disappointing performance from us but an important three points!

Goals came from Sam Bromley penalty, Ashley Johnson and David Leach.

Man of the match: Tom Campbell

Goals came from a penalty that clearly wasn't a penalty, an own goal, and from 3 players pushing Falmouth's keeper into the net from a corner after he'd caught the ball.

Always have good hard fought matches, but I've never heard a team moan so much as frogpool do. Once things don't go their way and they get caught with a few hard, fair tackles they start crying to the ref. 

Game had draw written all over it as it was a game of two halves.

Looking forward to the game at falmouth's place. 

Stithians Res 1 - 3 Perranwell Reserves

We are happy to pick up the 3pts today as we were never at the races. The result could have been more as we missed plenty of chances. 2 open goals 1 in each have to name two. Pitch was horrendous but to be expected!

Perranwell goals Andy Senior (2), Quaid Saunders

Nice bunch of lads at Stithians, pity there was no food after the game.

9 minutes ago, batteredsausage said:

Goals came from a penalty that clearly wasn't a penalty, an own goal, and from 3 players pushing Falmouth's keeper into the net from a corner after he'd caught the ball.

Always have good hard fought matches, but I've never heard a team moan so much as frogpool do. Once things don't go their way and they get caught with a few hard, fair tackles they start crying to the ref. 

Game had draw written all over it as it was a game of two halves.

Looking forward to the game at falmouth's place. 

Hahahahahahaha. Must have been a part of different games. Your boys were the ones who had one sin binned not us.

Even your manager said to me that we deserved to win. Guess football is all about perception. 

9 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Hahahahahahaha. Must have been a part of different games. Your boys were the ones who had one sin binned not us.

Even your manager said to me that we deserved to win. Guess football is all about perception. 

Sin binned for using a swear word after a ridiculous penalty decision. 

If Frogpool had chance after chance and dominated the whole game then I'd agree that they deserved the win, but when it was 2-2 chances were there for both teams to score. Disappointing goals to concede considering how they came about. 

3 minutes ago, batteredsausage said:

Sin binned for using a swear word after a ridiculous penalty decision. 

If Frogpool had chance after chance and dominated the whole game then I'd agree that they deserved the win, but when it was 2-2 chances were there for both teams to score. Disappointing goals to concede considering how they came about. 

Bare in mind your first should've been saved and an own goal as well and I don't remember you having any shots on target other than that really and a couple from range? 

The game could have gone either way as we didn't create enough in the final third, mainly because of good defending. But felt we dominated the majority of possession and play, but we were poor second half. 

Anywy it is what it is. I wish DC all the best. Melvill is a top bloke.

important three points for us with Ruan Minor an Titans right on our heels

Div 2 kick off 2:30pm

illogan 3rds (1) storm Fc (1)

this top 4 clash started off cagey with a few clear chances, storm had a goal harshly ruled out after rob Penfold's corner went strait in but the ref said Ricky moon had fouled the keeper, Penfold then tested the keeper with a low drive, illogan were tuff at the back but they lacked an outlet up front, there was some great defending from both teams as the game ended 0-0 at half time.

The 2nd half started off much the same till storm moved Johnny jones out of midfield to up front and Penfold to midfield, jones made an impacked strait away twisting and turning to only see the keeper save it, jones then turnt to provider as he beat 2 men to pass to an unmarked moon to calmly slot the ball in the bottom left corner 1-0 storm.

jones was at it again with a 25yard freekick smashing of the post and bouncing across the goal line, illogan was now pusching hard at the storm goal but some great defending and goal keeping kept them out, illogan found them selfs with a 35 yard freekick that was well stuck at the storm keeper that pushed it wide only for it to find the feet of there stricker to tap in, Barry Penfold, James Isaacs and Ryan baber was solid at the back for storm but it's baber that came away with man of the match.

scorer (Ricky moon)

man of match (Ryan baber)

35 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Bare in mind your first should've been saved and an own goal as well and I don't remember you having any shots on target other than that really and a couple from range? 

The game could have gone either way as we didn't create enough in the final third, mainly because of good defending. But felt we dominated the majority of possession and play, but we were poor second half. 

Anywy it is what it is. I wish DC all the best. Melvill is a top bloke.

important three points for us with Ruan Minor an Titans right on our heels

This game saw the referee let so many ridiculous things go, for both teams yes, but several of seriously dangerous challenges coming in from the DC players coming in with lunges off the floor made it all that sweeter when Frogpool got the victory. DC seemed like they just wanted a fight they didn't really seem like they wanted to play football, maybe that's cause they saw we were better with the ball and better technically I don't know. A hard fought result saw frogpool deservedly come away with 3 points after a less than satisfactory performance. 11 young studs really showed 11 aggressive elders how to take it. 3-2

1 hour ago, Mr Bean said:

haha are you having a laugh? I wasn't being assessed so that shows how little you know. Paul is a very good friend and was just there as a spectator. if TMS attempted to make tackles instead of fouls then i wouldn't have blown up against you. 

if your players didn't gob off calling the lino a cheat you wouldn't have had 2 guys sin binned in the 85th and if you didn't time waste any and every chance you got it wouldn't have had so much extra time. 

Mr Bean, responding to criticism on forums will probably do your refereeing career few favours, let it go over your head sir!

20 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Ho hum, back to normal, a few sin bins, cards, penalties and a bit of good natured abuse of the opposition. All we need now is some serious criticism of the officials and the weekend will be complete!

13 minutes ago, Cornwall's Jon Walters said:

This game saw the referee let so many ridiculous things go, for both teams yes, but several of seriously dangerous challenges coming in from the DC players coming in with lunges off the floor

I thank you, I thank you, I thank you. I can go to bed happy now.

56 minutes ago, Moony 9 said:

Div 2 kick off 2:30pm

this top 4 clash started off cagey with a few clear chances, storm had a goal harshly ruled out after rob Penfold's corner went strait in but the ref said Ricky moon had fouled the keeper, Penfold then tested the keeper with a low drive, illogan were tuff at the back but they lacked an outlet up front, there was some great defending from both teams as the game ended 0-0 at half time.

The 2nd half started off much the same till storm moved Johnny jones out of midfield to up front and Penfold to midfield, jones made an impacked strait away twisting and turning to only see the keeper save it, jones then turnt to provider as he beat 2 men to pass to an unmarked moon to calmly slot the ball in the bottom left corner 1-0 storm.

jones was at it again with a 25yard freekick smashing of the post and bouncing across the goal line, illogan was now pusching hard at the storm goal but some great defending and goal keeping kept them out, illogan found them selfs with a 35 yard freekick that was well stuck at the storm keeper that pushed it wide only for it to find the feet of there stricker to tap in, Barry Penfold, James Isaacs and Ryan baber was solid at the back for storm but it's baber that came away with man of the match.

scorer (Ricky moon)

man of match (Ryan baber)

Unfortunately I had a prior engagement so was unable to attend this match but a great point vs a storm side with strength all over the pitch .. no game next week so a few weeks rest to go again

2 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Actually I gave this ref a great mark at the beginning of the season and he did an amazing job in our game.

2 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

Didn't think you had that bad a game at all Dave.  I think the dig at our tackling is abit out of order as Lanner we're flying into tackles just as much if not more. If you were as keen to show the cards when bad tackles happen as you are when someone speaks out of turn then there wouldn't be anywhere near as many bad tackles. Time wasting? I'm not sure there was any time wasting at all during the game, I certainly didn't hear any complaints from you or from Lanner, But that's down to you to deal with there and then not comment on a forum later that evening. Again as I said at the start you didn't have a bad game at all but I would suggest you don't come on here and give teams stick because one member of our squad has made a comment to you which he has been told to remove as it doesn't reflect our teams view on your performance.

59 minutes ago, Cornwall's Jon Walters said:

This game saw the referee let so many ridiculous things go, for both teams yes, but several of seriously dangerous challenges coming in from the DC players coming in with lunges off the floor made it all that sweeter when Frogpool got the victory. DC seemed like they just wanted a fight they didn't really seem like they wanted to play football, maybe that's cause they saw we were better with the ball and better technically I don't know. A hard fought result saw frogpool deservedly come away with 3 points after a less than satisfactory performance. 11 young studs really showed 11 aggressive elders how to take it. 3-2

to say falmouth dc is an aggressive team is beyond stupid , i know most of the people who play for them cant see them just wanting to "fight" you . 

i wasnt even at the game and i can say that , although i was asked to play for them in this game .  

9 minutes ago, #coys said:

Didn't think you had that bad a game at all Dave.  I think the dig at our tackling is abit out of order as Lanner we're flying into tackles just as much if not more. If you were as keen to show the cards when bad tackles happen as you are when someone speaks out of turn then there wouldn't be anywhere near as many bad tackles. Time wasting? I'm not sure there was any time wasting at all during the game, I certainly didn't hear any complaints from you or from Lanner, But that's down to you to deal with there and then not comment on a forum later that evening. Again as I said at the start you didn't have a bad game at all but I would suggest you don't come on here and give teams stick because one member of our squad has made a comment to you which he has been told to remove as it doesn't reflect our teams view on your performance.

I agree with #coys, thought you had a good game and liked the way you talked to the players explaining your decisions. the only down side was the last five minutes, where the lanner lino gave a throw their way which was obviously wrong and tempers flared. Good on you for taking up the whistle, not an easy job to please everyone.

42 minutes ago, Cornwall's Jon Walters said:

Always welcome, not sure you'd like seeing that someone's broke their leg on the forum mind, wet surfaces like this bring out the worst challenges so criticism was necessary.

and if he called the game off you would be moaning about that too.

26 minutes ago, Portreathlegend said:

Actually I gave this ref a great mark at the beginning of the season and he did an amazing job in our game.

and that's from a guy who lost 2.1 had a pen against his side and lost a match he would have loved to have won. thanks Mr williams.

Div 1 

Trispen 1 Mawnan 5

Really good first half from Mawnan attacking up the pitch and deserved to go in at half time 5-0 up. After thinking we done the hard half shooting up hill we came out thinking we could better the first half but unfortunately for one reason or another we never really got going in the second half and couldn't add to our first half performance. Trispen scored a deserved consolation goal though and credit to them they battled to the very end and never gave up,  game was played in a great spirit as well and was reffed really well (soz don't knw the refs name). Two wins in a row now though which is great after are terrible start and hopefully it will continue!

Mawnan goal scorers 

Liam Dent x3

Glenn Jeffers x1

George Vinicombe x1

10 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

I agree with #coys, thought you had a good game and liked the way you talked to the players explaining your decisions. the only down side was the last five minutes, where the lanner lino gave a throw their way which was obviously wrong and tempers flared. Good on you for taking up the whistle, not an easy job to please everyone.

wasn't implying u was the only 1s not saying lanner where squeaky clean neither side where. like u said yes I spoke with players. gave chances instead of pulling cards straight away. i enjoyed the game upto the last 5 mins when that comment was made. i went with the lines man as I was unsure and he seamed convinced it was a lanner ball. well done on the win and good luck this season. I'm sure we will cross paths again.

Mousehole Reserves 1 Rosudgeon 1

After last week's excellent performance and result against Exiles hopes were high for more of the same, however it wasn't to be. 

A point apiece was a fair result. Mousehole took the lead through a good finish by Lee Robinson on the edge of the box. The game had little clear cut chances. 

On 80 mins Rosudgeon equalised. Mousehole threw men forward looking for the winner but lacked quality final ball. 

Jamie Burr of Rosudgeon showed his experience and class at the back.

Lee Robinson MoM with another strong display in the centre of the park. 

West cornwall 3-0 Rosudgeon reserves 

weird performance today and a very tough game in our first home Saturday fixture of the season. The first half saw both sides create chances but the back of the net was very illusive due to some good goalkeeping and some wasteful finishing at both ends.

HT 0-0 (how I'm not sure) 

second half we came back out and more of the same with both sides cancelling each other out. It became more of a game that you felt like whoever scored first would go on to win the game. Luckily that was ourselves as graham hill converted a deep free kick sliding in at the back post. 

Late on rosudgeon pushed forward in a bid to get an equalizer but that allowed a little bit more space on the counter for us. Ben dawe played a great pass through to the energetic matt field who rounded the keeper and slotted to make it 2-0. And with one of the last plays of the game tom axon casually finished off another good delivery from a set piece. 

Scoring the first goal forced Rosudgeons hand a bit but much closer game than the scoreline suggests. Good bunch of lads! Good luck for the rest of the season! Thanks for returning to the pub Hope you enjoyed the grub! 

Newly NA res 4 -v- 9 New Inn Titans (Div 3).

NIT were up 3 nil after a screamer of a start. Newlyn were all over the place, and looked in danger of conceding on every Titans attack. However, Newlyn got one back in the half before Titans bagged a couple more. Not sure, but I think it was 1-5 at half time. That would make the second half score 3-4, and it was a more even affair for the crowd. Not sure of the order of the goals, but they were going in at each end! New Inn Titans put in a very good shift today, and I was impressed with their youngsters. Cocky and confident, with ability, a good mix and I can't see this team  being on the end of many bad results. Turned up with a full compliment of subs too.

Desreved 3 points. We will dust ourselves down and start again next week!

1 hour ago, GEACH1 said:

to say falmouth dc is an aggressive team is beyond stupid , i know most of the people who play for them cant see them just wanting to "fight" you . 

i wasnt even at the game and i can say that , although i was asked to play for them in this game .  

If you had watched the game you'd understand. You weren't there therefore you wouldn't know.

1 hour ago, Mr Bean said:

and that's from a guy who lost 2.1 had a pen against his side and lost a match he would have loved to have won. thanks Mr williams.

But it wasn't the conditions? It was the ridiculously high lunges about half an hour late? 

On 16/09/2017 at 20:50, Mr Bean said:

As the other team in this result we agree the ref and the conduct of both teams was 10/10 and by far the best ref we had thus far this season