Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Cup - Friday night football! Sept 15th 2017

8 minutes ago, ian beale said:

Falmouth town deserved winners. Dominated all night! Thought the helston number 6 looked way out his depth couldn't get near the Falmouth midfield! 

Weĺl  done westy and the lads ! Looked  comfortable all over the pitch .shame about the missed penalty and with a little more thought and composure in front of goal it could and should have been more .

9 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Who was the number 6? Mass or 'bruv' will not be happy tonight, wonder if they nipped in the bar afterwards!!

According to Helston twitter this was the line up: 

Wyatt Beattie Thomson Howlett © Marks Young McPhilbin Cattran Thirkle Stidwell Buchan

Subs- Dryburgh Conway Hallibone Cornish Jenkin

what was town line up last night ? 

Considering how well helston played at Cally & in parts at Camelford & second half Tuesday at home to Bodmin where they did deserve a point if only for at least  the last 20 mins which appreciate wind assisted they dominated . Last night was utter rubbish they sat back and allowed Falmouth to play although take nothing from town they play some nice football & thoroughly deserved this win.  Have to say the Helston 11 for most of the game looked poor . Aside of 5 minutes at the start of the second half. With 15 left town players were dropping like flies with cramp WHY cos they ran there socks off. Paid my £5 had my moan and on here I will keep it at that?

2 hours ago, ian beale said:

Don't know who he was but this game looked way out of his depth! He had 5 last warnings off the ref for bad tackles and still didn't get a card ??

A bit pathetic saying a player who you've seen once & don't even know who he is "way out of his depth". We've all had an absolute stinker, you can't judge a players ability on 1 game.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Falmouth line up:-

Barnes

Blizzard

Moody

Annear

Cooper

Martt

Brabyn

Webber

Jones

Broglino

Clarke

Subs

Ward on for Blizzard

Walker for Broglino

Westgarth for Clarke

Have you the Helston lineup Dave?

Was the No.2 Scott Beattie and did he get a first half yellow?--For my record were there any other bookings.

A pulsating performance from Falmouth -the best I have seen for some time as the midfield is buzzing with pace compared to last season

1 minute ago, golong said:

great value for money last night at bickland! can only see falmouth improving with their top goal scorer to come back, sad to see the right back go off injured after 20 - looked a very tidy player! 

Dave Blizzard who has been injured with a hamstring all Pre season and August-has it twinged again?

30 minutes ago, golong said:

great value for money last night at bickland! can only see falmouth improving with their top goal scorer to come back, sad to see the right back go off injured after 20 - looked a very tidy player! 

Why is the top goal scorer not playing at present ?

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Very impressed with Helston when we went there last week, cup.wins/loses mean nothing unless you win the trophy your contesting. A lot of managers be would swap victories from the weekend for league points.. 

For once Leeds, I have to agree with you. Helston are a club who will grow and have a massive infrastructure behind them (a youth set up, club that is always full of paying customers and a tangible link with their community - just like Bodmin (sorry!)).  The Masseys cannot be happy with some of their current squad, despite showing clear loyalty on social media - however I do believe that Steve Massey has a plan, players in his sights and a vision as to where the club is going. It won't be this season but certainly moving forward - as long as he keeps faith with the younger players (Kyle, Mattie and Tyler - they are the best he has) 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

For once Leeds, I have to agree with you. Helston are a club who will grow and have a massive infrastructure behind them (a youth set up, club that is always full of paying customers and a tangible link with their community - just like Bodmin (sorry!)).  The Masseys cannot be happy with some of their current squad, despite showing clear loyalty on social media - however I do believe that Steve Massey has a plan, players in his sights and a vision as to where the club is going. It won't be this season but certainly moving forward - as long as he keeps fair with the younger players (Kyle, Mattie and Tyler - they are the best he has) 

IF they stay (!)

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:40, Sticker Forever said:

Notice there's a few finger nails being chewed at Helston already this season!!! It's not that bad surely!?! ?

They were pretty poor  on the night.