Cornwall Football Forum

A BIG THANKYOU

Over the past 2 weeks I have had the pleasure of being on holiday with my wife Hazel and son Shawn who has autism and whilst attending some football matches have met some lovely people, firstly we visited Mullion FC v Holmans, a very good match and my son spotted a rare Falcon, that he looked up in his bird book. We then visited St Buryan FC v Halsetown in a end to end match that finished 3-3 and again welcomed by both clubs. Last Saturday saw a late change of plan and we headed to watch St Ives Mariners FC v St Erme FC, what a day that turned out to be, firstly the home club donated me a club shirt, then we saw a excellent match and then back at the pub both clubs made a good donation to my charity blog for Maggies Cancer Centre, also my son was given chicken and chips. Last night saw us go to Porthleven FC v Penzance and we met some lovely people from the groundsman who allowed us to park in the car park in the afternoon so we could strolled down to the village and harbour, to the helpful secretary who helped me with questions on the phone, to the vice chairman who gave my son a Porthleven FC badge. I also met up with local legend Dave Deacon and continued my subscripion for the Cornish Soccer magazine and remain his furthest subsciber and Rapsy as I was heading in to the bar at the end of the match, also a local lad who;s mate was following my score flashes on twitter

I must also thank Paul Smith who has provided me with phone numbers of clubs so I could check if games are on etc

We have booked again in Hayle for 2 weeks at Easter, so look very much to visiting a few more clubs then, so till then, its good bye from us and hope everyone has a great season

11 minutes ago, Anita said:

He visits all grounds any level. Real lover of the game and visiting new grounds 

I like the sound of this. Similar to what I'm now doing.

In this case @Midlandsman, visit Frogpool & Cusgarne FC. Fantastic little village club that have 2 teams, plying their trade in Trelawny League Division 2 & 3 respectively. Any more details then give me a message.