Cornwall Football Forum

A reminder for everyone!

This Social media warning just covers those people who are connected in some 'official' way to the F.A. and deals with bringing the game into disrepute. The FA have no legal strength to deal with any member of the public under this charge only those highlighted in the statement, they have no legal power either to collect any fines from anyone at all.

As you all know match officials are regularly 'chastised' by tv pundits, the press and indeed ex referee columnists and provided no one strays into criminal offences (Racial Abuse etc) or direct libel (Civil Law) there is nothing the FA can do. In fact they have no authority to do anything about these either. It would either be a police investigation or in the case of Civil law a complaint by the individual libelled.

The FA would have no power to get a court order re the name of someone for an offence of bringing the game into disrepute, its not a criminal or even civil offence.

So those of you who have no affiliation, as outlined can carry on with praise, criticism etc to your hearts content.

Probably a good time to remind all contributors of our Forum Terms which have to be agreed at the time of registering:-

Forum Terms & Rules

Welcome to Cornwall Football Forum

Feel free to support the site by posting all your results, match reports and thoughts about football in Cornwall

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that Cornwall Football Forum is not responsible for any messages posted. Cornwall Football Forum doesn't vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

We will take care to keep your information secure and to prevent any unauthorised access or use of it. We process all information in accordance with the applicable UK data protection legislation.

Usernames 

If a member is found to have multiple accounts, then these accounts will be removed or suspended. Please try and not use for example (TCFC) as it gives the impression you represent a club officialy.

Age Range

The Forum is open to all ages, therefore posts need to be respectful. Bad Language has to be kept to a minimum.

Complaints 

If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, then contact a member of the admin team via e-mail or PM.

Enjoy!

The Cornwall Football Forum Team 

Can I just say again that this Social media Warning was aimed at users of Twitter, who some being those attached to clubs, may have used language that brings the game into disrepute.

It is no way aimed at any Forum users who may, many times, have said things which otherwise would bring the game into disrepute, if they were members attached to the FA. So therefore there is no way the FA would even contemplate trying to find out who said what, from a Forum of views regarding 'bringing the game into disrepute', its no 'public' offence what so ever and the FA have no power to go to court to find out, no power to impose fines etc.

So carry on praising and moaning, but abide by the rules of the web site, as they are the only ones that have the power to stop you.:thumbsup:

Compiling a list of names I want reprimanded David of all the people who have directly aimed abuse at me. I have comments & opinions on teams ( a lot of people also jealous of what Bodmin have achieved, & how I usually un-earth the truth about matters at different clubs, not my fault I have contacts!)  but feel recently I have been a victim of social media bullying 

6 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Compiling a list of names I want reprimanded David of all the people who have directly aimed abuse at me. I have comments & opinions on teams ( a lot of people also jealous of what Bodmin have achieved, & how I usually un-earth the truth about matters at different clubs, not my fault I have contacts!)  but feel recently I have been a victim of social media bullying 

Don't be daft - man up !!!!!

25 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Can I go on your list please, you swine!

Sorry Keith -The notice refers to the fact that FA may bring charges of 'bringing the game into disrepute', nothing else, via Twitter etc. Nothing to do with criminal offences on Twitter and face book for which the Police make the enquiries. Its not even civil law let alone criminal law.

For a relatively minor internal FA offence (in the world of law) of 'bringing the game into disrepute', the FA do not have the power to deal with anyone outside the  scope of those mentioned in the warning at the start of this and no power to go to court, to seek either a Judicial Review, or Court orders to get disclosure from a web site - its not criminal.

8 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

Sorry Keith -The notice refers to the fact that FA may bring charges of 'bringing the game into disrepute', nothing else, via Twitter etc. Nothing to do with criminal offences on Twitter and face book for which the Police make the enquiries. Its not even civil law let alone criminal law.

For a relatively minor internal FA offence (in the world of law) of 'bringing the game into disrepute', the FA do not have the power to deal with anyone outside the  scope of those mentioned in the warning at the start of this and no power to go to court, to seek either a Judicial Review, or Court orders to get disclosure from a web site - its not criminal.

No - but players/club officials have been charged and punished by County FA's for posting abusive messages on forums.

The extract below, distilled from the FA Regulations and posted in the Trelawny League web site 'Library' notice (http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayNews.do?noticePlacementID=166170463&noticeID=368574225&league=3983534), outlines the FA charging guidelines in these sort of cases.

General

Cases involving media comments or comments made on social networking sites are charged under FA Rule E3(1). Should the comments include a reference to any one or more of a person or person’s ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, faith, gender, sexual orientation or disability, these are considered ‘aggravating factors’ and FA Rule E3(2) may apply. This allows for a Regulatory Commission to consider the imposition of a doubled sanction.

Types of comment

The following types of public media comment, including on social networking websites, may be considered to be in breach of FA Rule E3:

 Comments which are improper, which bring the game into disrepute, which are threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting.

 Comments about match officials which imply bias, attack the officials’ integrity or which are personally offensive in nature. 

Points to note

Participants are deemed responsible for any postings on their account. The fact that a posting may have been made by a third party will not necessarily prevent disciplinary action being taken. In addition, re-tweeting another person’s posting may lead to disciplinary action if the original comment was improper. Finally, deleting an inappropriate posting, whilst advisable, does not necessarily prevent disciplinary action being taken.

Process

For cases involving social networking media comments and media comments which have only been published in a written media format and which are considered by the sanctioning County FA (CFA) to potentially breach FA Rule E3, the CFA will always seek written observations from the Participant alleged to have made the comment. This provides an opportunity for a Participant to explain whether he did in fact make the comment, clarify the context in which the comment was made and what was meant by it. The CFA will then consider the observations provided by the Participant and decide whether to either charge the Participant with a breach of FA Rule E3, issue a formal warning to the Participant or to take no further action in relation to the matter. With regard to public media comments made during television or radio interviews or in articles written and attributed to the Participant, The CFA may choose not to seek written observations. This will often be the case where the comment was clearly made by the Participant and the context is apparent.

Sanctions

There are no set sanctions for media comments or social networking comments cases. However, financial penalties are the most usual form of sanction for these kind of cases.

Steve - yes very good - but the point to make is, this only applies, that is breach of rule 3E, to people connected to the FA. That is players, management, officials etc. NOT to members of the public who comment in this way, as the FA have absolutely no powers to deal with members of the public, who they think may be in breach of THEIR rules. Therefor the 'offender' ( player, management etc) can only be identified if their name is written on the web site, or the FA contact the club they think they are with and the club volunteer that name. Again, they have no powers under these circumstances to go to Law re Court orders etc.

11 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

Steve - yes very good - but the point to make is, this only applies, that is breach of rule 3E, to people connected to the FA. That is players, management, officials etc. NOT to members of the public who comment in this way, as the FA have absolutely no powers to deal with members of the public, who they think may be in breach of THEIR rules. Therefor the 'offender' ( player, management etc) can only be identified if their name is written on the web site, or the FA contact the club they think they are with and the club volunteer that name. Again, they have no powers under these circumstances to go to Law re Court orders etc.

Haven't you got anything else better to do... anyone would think you were a retired copper

51 minutes ago, Home Waters said:

Correct.  Only a person described as a 'participant' can be charged under E3.  From the FA Handbook:

“Participant” means an Affiliated Association, Competition, Club, Club Official, Intermediary, Player, Official, Manager, Match Official, Management Committee Member, member or employee of a Club and all such persons who are from time to time participating in any activity sanctioned either directly or indirectly by The Association.

The broader point though is an educational one.  A great many participants on this forum fall into this category and making those who may not be aware of the regulations aware of what can/can't be done will, hopefully, mean that they are less likely to fall foul of them.

Unfortunately foul and abusive language is  seen as the norm by many goldeneye.its all about human evolution and we humans aren't quite there yet.The fa could stop it overnight.......swear at an official = red card.....but they won't.

How on earth can you take young children to watch football these days......you just can't do it.

8 hours ago, Hetty said:

Think the ccfa have a tough enough job to do as it is. In a world where social media has become such a common tool they are dealing with new issues and putting out more fires than ever before 

the CCFA have a tough job yet dont actually do anything to help themselves??

15 minutes ago, baldy said:

I think you will have to do better than that! Please name one organisation fron FIFA downwards that has succeeded with that one.

I knew i wouldnt get away with shoving that easy one out there!:thumbsup:. How about someone names something the CCFA have done, besides making an absolute killing each season through yellow/red cards that are handed out for fun

23 minutes ago, SCFC said:

I knew i wouldnt get away with shoving that easy one out there!:thumbsup:. How about someone names something the CCFA have done, besides making an absolute killing each season through yellow/red cards that are handed out for fun

I have been saying this for years ! I do not really know why they exist, although they do pay fantastic salaries to their employees no doubt funded by the local clubs. They are a secret society and it is only recently that cup draws were made in the open instead of behind closed doors. An awakening into the 21st century might help matters !

So why the hell aren't they encouraging yellow/red cards for foul and abusive language and dissent, surely that would make them a small fortune, allow them a serious pay rise or bonus! I honestly have no idea why permitting this behaviour is acceptable to our (well) paid representatives at the C.C.F.A., or indeed their overlords at the F.A..